• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Probably also headed to Nebraska.

Why Nebraska?

Comment

That is a major over simplification for the reasons listed by others above and the fact that very rarely do kids just follow a coach like that. We think it happens all the time but it isn't as widespread as you think. It isn't necessarily a reflection on the coach. Oh and NIL...
      I agree with what you said, and I don't think it's a reflection of the coach either, but it seems to be a one way street with WSU so far. I'm not a big baseball fan, so I can only rely on oversimplified statements, but it is annoying to see so and so kid following Sirianni to Nebraska and then hear that it's very rare that any kid would follow Green to WSU. Granted, i do think it's more likely that a player follows an Assistant Head Coach compared to a Head Coach just based on recruiting dynamics.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I agree with what you said, and I don't think it's a reflection of the coach either, but it seems to be a one way street with WSU so far. I'm not a big baseball fan, so I can only rely on oversimplified statements, but it is annoying to see so and so kid following Sirianni to Nebraska and then hear that it's very rare that any kid would follow Green to WSU. Granted, i do think it's more likely that a player follows an Assistant Head Coach compared to a Head Coach just based on recruiting dynamics.
        Also, a kid following Siriani from Wichita State to Nebraska in terms of both geography, resources, and the overall reputation of the Nebaska athletic department and the Big 10 conference is a bit different than following a coach halfway across the country from a PAC-12 program to an AAC program that many of those players may have little to no knowledge of.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Also, a kid following Siriani from Wichita State to Nebraska in terms of both geography, resources, and the overall reputation of the Nebaska athletic department and the Big 10 conference is a bit different than following a coach halfway across the country from a PAC-12 program to an AAC program that many of those players may have little to no knowledge of.
          Very true. Apples and oranges. It is also very different when you are talking about HS kids decommitting to follow a coach as opposed to current players entering the portal to follow a coach. I don't think it is anything just WSU related. It's likely more big conference / resources / NIL related.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

This jives with my gripe that Wichita State doesn't seem to benefit from kids following their coach but other programs do. I don't think anyone is to blame at WSU, but it is annoying to see.

Comment

I'm just saying it sounds like no one from Wazzu is following their coach? Not one player or recruit? That seems strange when you see players follow their coach all the time elsewhere.
              Exactly which is why I said weird.

Comment

It does not happen "all the time". That is a false narrative. Especially in the NIL era.

Comment

It does not happen "all the time". That is a false narrative. Especially in the NIL era.
                  I can't speak for baseball, but it absolutely happens regularly in basketball. Just in the AAC, South Florida had three players follow Amir Abdur-Rahim from Kennesaw State. Similarly, Tulsa's two best portal additions played for Eric Konkol at Louisiana Tech. It doesn't happen every time, but it's not a rare occurrence.
                  Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; June 13, 2023, 06:38 PM.

Comment

I can't speak for baseball, but it absolutely happens regularly in basketball. Just in the AAC, South Florida had three players follow Amir Abdur-Rahim from Kennesaw State. Similarly, Tulsa's two best portal additions played for Eric Konkol at Louisiana Tech. It doesn't happen every time, but it's not a rare occurrence.
                    Well I am speaking for baseball. Not basketball.

Comment

Claggett is your new pitching coach per d1 Baseball

Comment

Last edited by shoxlax; June 13, 2023, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockies Dad View Post
                          Claggett is your new pitching coach per d1 Baseball
                          Awful

Comment

Appears to be a Class of 2024 recruit best I can tell. 5-11. 165 lb LHP. Not a very big guy.

Comment

Comment

PBR show his as a bats left, throws right player so I think this is probably him:

Thought he got rid of the ball pretty quickly on steal attempts.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 9, 2023, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X