No announcement yet.

Chris Jans Original Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would say he just sounds like someone who has been a lot of places and seen a lot of worse things. Bars can get very ugly...

If you are in a "sports bar" or "brewpub" that's one thing, and that can be a family atmosphere. There is a whole other world of bars where stuff like this is REALLY tame. However, I do not condone Jans. Just saying.

Comment

• I just watched the video -- had been avoiding it. What struck me was that she didn't move away from him. That would be my reaction if someone was touching me and didn't want them to, and I think most women would have the same reaction. He behaved badly, no doubt, and deserves to be in BIG trouble with his wife. I'm not convinced that he was the only one behaving badly, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Are we really making the connection in this thread that (admittedly uncouth and anti-social) behavior such as ass smacks and derogatory name calling is akin to sexual harassment?
        Uh.....yes. It is most definitely sexual harassment. I don't care if you think it's a big deal or not, it's an unwanted sexual instance of touching, advances, etc....doesn't really matter if it's a joke. We're not in some "Mother Jones" Catholic school. That's just basic decency.
        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Maybe America needs to pass another law requiring warning labels on all doors to Bars and Clubs ,,, Warning!! inside you could be exposed to alcohol , cussin, sexual innuendo, inappropriate touching, obnoxious comments, and in general poor behavior,,,If this will offend you don't f****** come in
          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
            Uh.....yes. It is most definitely sexual harassment.
            How? Please explain.

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
            I don't care if you think it's a big deal or not, it's an unwanted sexual instance of touching, advances, etc....doesn't really matter if it's a joke.
            See above.

Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
            We're not in some "Mother Jones" Catholic school.
            I don't even know what this sentence is supposed to mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              I would say he just sounds like someone who has been a lot of places and seen a lot of worse things. Bars can get very ugly...

If you are in a "sports bar" or "brewpub" that's one thing, and that can be a family atmosphere. There is a whole other world of bars where stuff like this is REALLY tame. However, I do not condone Jans. Just saying.
              So is this some "seedy bar" like on Broadway or a bar/restaurant? I took it to be the latter because he went there for dinner and also there were other families there also (for example the family taking video).

Comment

• Originally posted by OTR Shockfan View Post
                Maybe America needs to pass another law requiring warning labels on all doors to Bars and Clubs ,,, Warning!! inside you could be exposed to alcohol , cussin, sexual innuendo, inappropriate touching, obnoxious comments, and in general poor behavior,,,If this will offend you don't f****** come in
                I have been at places serving alcohol (yes you definitely are exposed to alcohol where it is served) with people where very little of the cussing and innuendo occurred and I didn't see any inappropriate touching.

Comment

Are we really making the connection in this thread that (admittedly uncouth and anti-social) behavior such as ass smacks and derogatory name calling is akin to sexual harassment?

Someone help me, did I take a wrong turn to motherjones or moveon somewhere here and my eyes are tricking me with the SN GUI?

Further, as I have never been a bar fly, could someone tell me what the ultimate desired outcome for single people (either figuratively or literally at that time and space) is while in a bar drunk during the early morning hours. Are they all there to trade investment tips? Professional networking? Watching quality TV together? Working on their golf game? Picking out favorite songs in a hymnal? Help me out here someone.
                  Well, I look at it this way; regardless of when someone's there and what their condition might be, they should be free from harassment by other of any kind, sexual or otherwise. I think it is the "harassee" that gets to define harassment, not the "harassor". In that regard, having someone step in from outside the event COULD be overstepping, but if it were MY daughter, I'd appreciate someone assuring that NO harassment was occurring. BUT ALL THE ABOVE pales when considering that his wife, his kids, his career, and himself have all been shattered by his actions, whether it's harassment or not. Put that with his job requirement of being a good representative for the University, and this night, for HIM, was devastating. Humpty has fallen; I pray the pieces can be put back together.

Comment

• The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      This thread is a disaster.
                      Amen. Let's just say that CJ is held to a higher standard as someone that represents a place where parents send their young adults to get educated. His PUBLIC behavior was embarrassing to the university and was reported to the university. He admitted to the university his behavior. The motives of those who reported him are irrelevant.
                      β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                      -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

How? Please explain.
                        Sexual harassment may be defined as any unwanted attention of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment can be divided into four main types of behaviour: physical, verbal, non-verbal and "quid pro quo." Unwanted sexual attention may include, but is not limited to, offensive touching, groping, pinching and grabbing (physical); asking about practices or preferences, spreading false rumors, innuendos, comments, jokes and teasing (verbal); eye contact, gestures and simulating acts (non-verbal); the offering of rewards or benefits in exchange for sexual favors.

Straight from the Internet. If that doesn't work as a reliable source for you, it seems to match the definition of sexual harassment I've used in my previous courses at Wichita State.
                        "Say it slowly and savor it..."
                        Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• I have no idea why some of you would consider this thread a disaster. It is simply a forum of spirited debate on the situation at hand.

If it is a "disaster" because you are encountering viewpoints that differ from your own, perhaps you should look inward and figure out how to discuss such topics, rather than trying to shut down dialog that you disagree with. You can 'book burn' as it were, on your own time.

Comment

• BTW, a bar is still a public place. If you want to "act a fool", slap asses, and call women bitches then do it in your own home.
                            β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                            -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                              Sexual harassment may be defined as any unwanted attention of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment can be divided into four main types of behaviour: physical, verbal, non-verbal and "quid pro quo." Unwanted sexual attention may include, but is not limited to, offensive touching, groping, pinching and grabbing (physical); asking about practices or preferences, spreading false rumors, innuendos, comments, jokes and teasing (verbal); eye contact, gestures and simulating acts (non-verbal); the offering of rewards or benefits in exchange for sexual favors.

Straight from the Internet. If that doesn't work as a reliable source for you, it seems to match the definition of sexual harassment I've used in my previous courses at Wichita State.
                              "Eye Contact" lol get the F*** outa here! This is the most over reaching load of **** I've ever seen.

Comment

• So if a female coworker makes "eye contact" with my "enhanced package" that is sexual harassment?

Comment

Working...
                                X