American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    That guy is a troll though, isn't he? I assume his end game with that thread is to troll WSU fans, so...

Dude's probably on SN right now looking for reaction.
    So a Redturd fan knows something before any Shockernetter would know?

Nope. That **** HATES WSU with a passion. 120% troll thread. The only thing this confirms is we have another CaseyGarrison4President on our hands.

Embarrassing.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
      That guy is a troll though, isn't he? I assume his end game with that thread is to troll WSU fans, so...

Dude's probably on SN right now looking for reaction.
      Ha! Called it! He promptly called out dizzle a few minutes later and is now crying about it. He has Shockernet as his secondary browser.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        In case you want to feel absolutely terrible about the chances of WSU moving to the AAC:

For reference, the poster's last 3 guarantees were for an ISU win in Wichita, a healthy ISU beatdown of WSU in St. Louis, and an ISU at-large bid.
        His own basketball opinions are obviously not very good. Hopefully his source is much better.

Comment

• Just checking. Are we in the AAC yet? or does the announcement come after we beat Kentucky and North Carolina. How fast do you think we will get that sealed envelope after we pull off those "upsets?"

Comment

• I don't think an announcement would come until we are finished with the tournament, so hopefully sometime in early April.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
              I don't think an announcement would come until we are finished with the tournament, so hopefully sometime in early April of next year.
              FIFY to give it a little better shot at reality.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I guess I could have said early next week but I went with April just in case.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• AAC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI USF just hired Brian Gregory to be their coach. He was 172-94 at Dayton and 76-86 at Georgia Tech. I wonder how this will compare to MVC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI Drake's hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                    AAC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI USF just hired Brian Gregory to be their coach. He was 172-94 at Dayton and 76-86 at Georgia Tech. I wonder how this will compare to MVC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI Drake's hire.
                    Exactly.

The guy isn't Gregg Marshall. But they are freaking trying.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      AAC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI USF just hired Brian Gregory to be their coach. He was 172-94 at Dayton and 76-86 at Georgia Tech. I wonder how this will compare to MVC bottom feeder and 300+ RPI Drake's hire.
                      In fairness, I'd rather live in Tampa too! ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                        In fairness, I'd rather live in Tampa too! ;)
                        But...ohhhhhh the hu-mid-i-ty......
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Is ACC unstable?

This may have been discussed earlier in this thread. The reasons for wanting out of the MVC are clear and it is certainly flattering to think that a higher profile basketball conference (i.e. AAC) might be interested in WSU.
                          That having been said, there is seeming instability in the membership of that league with schools purportedly wanting to leave. There have been consistent rumors that UConn wants out of the AAC. The Big XII is
                          repeatedly linked to Cincinnati and Houston as expansion targets. I have read an on-line article which indicated that Memphis and SMU also wanted to leave the AAC (unconfirmed). In 2016, the AAC Commissioner
                          supposedly said that realignment was inevitable and that “schools will leave” the AAC. How do posters think any of this should impact a decision to move to the AAC if an offer comes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            This may have been discussed earlier in this thread. The reasons for wanting out of the MVC are clear and it is certainly flattering to think that a higher profile basketball conference (i.e. AAC) might be interested in WSU.
                            That having been said, there is seeming instability in the membership of that league with schools purportedly wanting to leave. There have been consistent rumors that UConn wants out of the AAC. The Big XII is
                            repeatedly linked to Cincinnati and Houston as expansion targets. I have read an on-line article which indicated that Memphis and SMU also wanted to leave the AAC (unconfirmed). In 2016, the AAC Commissioner
                            supposedly said that realignment was inevitable and that “schools will leave” the AAC. How do posters think any of this should impact a decision to move to the AAC if an offer comes?
                            It shouldn't. MOVE!!!
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Any conference outside of the P5 is unstable. Every single one. The MWC had numerous members submit proposals to the Big 12. It would be ludicrous to think any of the A10 members would turn down an invitation to the BE. Hell, even the MVC could be raided at ease by the MAC or even the freakin' Sun Belt at this point--if those conferences would want anyone from the MVC. But being in a conference with schools that are not desirable to anyone else is probably worse than an "unstable" conference.

I don't buy any of the arguments that the AAC is unstable--at least any more unstable than any other nonP5. Until we're somehow miraculously in the Big 10, we're going to have to live with instability with whatever conference we're in.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• We have nothing to lose and instability is a risk we are willing to take.

Comment

Working...
                                X