No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you can't afford jerseys or gas for a 100 mile recruiting trip, $50,000 is a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      When you can't afford jerseys or gas for a 100 mile recruiting trip, $50,000 is a lot.
      It is, but at the same time, that $8-$14,000 increase for Indiana State is like putting a band aid on a gunshot wound.

The real concern, and what I think needs to be front and center, is the 14 NCAA units. In 2014, each unit was worth $1.6 mm. So, Wichita State is directly responsible for over $22 mm to the Valley. Now you're getting people's attention.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• You had me at Marcus Aurelius.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Actually, based on Kai's figures, Indiana State drew 849 more people than average for Wichita State. If they charged $16 per seat, the Sycamore's are up $13,584.

Now I need to make 20 posts on the Orukpe thread...
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            In 2014, each unit was worth $1.6 mm. So, Wichita State is directly responsible for over $22 mm to the Valley. Now you're getting people's attention.
            Paging Patty Viverito!!! Paging Patty Viverito!!!
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Paging Patty Viverito!!! Paging Patty Viverito!!!
              Exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                Great article Kai.

Bardo needs to get that report out soon. He promised it to the community in May. It's now June.
                No he didn't, it was made known in early Feb when this all started that 4 months time will be given to do the report. Also over the duration it was mentioned several times that the report was due after 4 months, not a decision on anything.

Comment

• This is interesting regarding Patty "cakes" husband.

"Married to Frank Viverito, President and Executive Director of the St. Louis Sports Commission"

Cronyism is alive and well in the MVC!

Maybe it's time for Shocker fans to give her a shout out..

pattyv@mvc.org

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    Wrote a piece about the remarks from the MVCF Commish.

Some facts and figures at the bottom of the article, average attendance increase when WSU comes to town, etc.

http://shockerhoops.net/index.php/20...ssouri-valley/
                    Thanks for posting the link to your article, an excellent read for anyone interested in the Shockers.

Comment

• This thread needs a sister thread titled: "Realignment and Wichita State: Our greatest fears realized"

The fact that this thread was titled "Best possible outcome" at its beginning just makes it such a depressing read in the end. There once was a time when we were thinking about best possible outcomes. Then Creighton left the MVC and the MVC added LOLoyola, who have sucked every bit as much, if not more than expected. Then, WSU hinted at starting football to move up and a bunch of desireable conferences acted like it is a longshot. Then, knowing the only way WSU's vision could come to fruition was by beginning at FCS, the MVC went on record basically saying they will do whatever they can do to wreck that idea if we gain any traction at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                        This thread needs a sister thread titled: "Realignment and Wichita State: Our greatest fears realized"
                        Time to lock the thread and start a new one with a more balanced title, and my suggestion has nothing to do with the greatest recruiting saga in WSU history!
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                          This is interesting regarding Patty "cakes" husband.

"Married to Frank Viverito, President and Executive Director of the St. Louis Sports Commission"

Cronyism is alive and well in the MVC!

Maybe it's time for Shocker fans to give her a shout out..

pattyv@mvc.org
                          It's no wonder she doesn't want to do anything that might help WSU leave the conference. If WSU's 2500 fans stop going to St. Louis for the MVC tournament, it likely becomes a money-loser for the MVC and they would go to another, less-costly city/venue or back to home sites.

She has a clear conflict-of-interest and someone in the MVC offices should either shut her up or give her a script.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            It's no wonder she doesn't want to do anything that might help WSU leave the conference. If WSU's 2500 fans stop going to St. Louis for the MVC tournament, it likely becomes a money-loser for the MVC and they would go to another, less-costly city/venue or back to home sites.

She has a clear conflict-of-interest and someone in the MVC offices should either shut her up or give her a script.
                            I have been saying this for a couple years. What would it take to get a boycott of Arch Madness from WSU fans? Just one year. It would kill the MVC's budget.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              I have been saying this for a couple years. What would it take to get a boycott of Arch Madness from WSU fans? Just one year. It would kill the MVC's budget.
                              Wouldn't it be more fun to have a new conference in place and go in there chanting our new conference while rolling through the championship game? I don't remember who I saw do that before, but thought it was funny as hell.
                              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Royal, I think your 2500 fans number may be a little short. I would guess 5136 +/-

In any case - it would be a ghost town without us.

Comment

Working...
                                X