Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speed View Post
    This...
    Pretty sure either Elgins wife or the husband of the MVCF commish is on the Saint Louis sports board that's bids on the tourney.

EDIT: yep, last paragraph

https://stlsports.org/about-us/staff-and-board/frank-viverito-bio/

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Just remember everyone loves you until you start beating them.
      Kinda sorta like the Chicken fans who used to "follow the Shockers" too? People like b. lootz.
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 10, 2017, 05:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        Atlanta is not a "destination city" on the same level of Chicago though.
        I don't see this happening for fear of a late winter storm and all the potential problems that would cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta town View Post
          Pretty sure either Elgins wife or the husband of the MVCF commish is on the Saint Louis sports board that's bids on the tourney.

EDIT: yep, last paragraph

https://stlsports.org/about-us/staff...-viverito-bio/
          Clickable

It isn't just a figure of speech to say that the MVC is married to St. Louis. He's not just on the board, Frank Viverito is the freaking President of the board:

Frank is married to Patty Viverito, who is the senior associate commissioner of the Missouri Valley Conference and commissioner of the Missouri Valley Football Conference. They have two sons, Greg and Matt.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I don't want any place any further north than St Louis. Chicago...No Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Kinda sorta like the Chicken fans who used to "follow the Shockers" too? People like b. lootz.
              Lutz can be full of himself, but he is generally pretty fair when it comes to the Shockers. He is a guy who has been saying for years that KU and KSU should regularly play WSU. He also is willing to criticize the idiot national pundits like Palm and Gottlieb who are dismissive of WSU.

He isn't the biggest fanboy of WSU because he really cannot be one as a journalist. However, it sounds like he was a HUGE WSU fan as a kid.

So...I would cut the guy some slack.
              78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Starfox207 View Post
                Hey Shox, Its Starfox207 here, and I just want to say, I would absolutely love you guys as conference mates. I am an ECU Alum, and The American is a great conference. I love being apart of it. I do barrel rolls of excitement when I see the articles of expansion with you., and I really want this to happen. Out of the names discussed you are the real deal compared to d/v, because to be honest. I am a huge football fan, and although I do not follow basketball, I am starting to. I was from Connecticut, and my homestate loves the Huskies, but going to ECU. nothing is greater in my heart than pirates. With that said, The Clout that the Huskies have, you definitely have it as well I have learned in the past few months. Even since I think the summer these murmuers have started?

Anyway, we are a conferene AliVE, and in comparson to MWC, Cusa, sunbelt, mac. alive and thriving. I hope we hear good news after the tournament. Good Luck Shockers!!
                My meter... the needle is all over the place.

It should be for many of you who "liked" and "thanked" this too.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                  Lutz is full of himself, but he is generally pretty fair when it comes to the Shockers nowadays. He is a guy who has been saying for years that KU and KSU should regularly play WSU. He also is willing to criticize the idiot national pundits like Palm and Gottlieb who are dismissive of WSU.

He isn't the biggest fanboy of WSU because he feels that he really cannot be one as a journalist. However, it sounds like he was a HUGE WSU fan as a kid.
                  FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I love having all these AAC visitors. The welcome will clearly be warm if we get the invitation and take it. We are in a conference full of jealous schools that root for our failure and make snarky comments from the conference offices on down to the fans. Meanwhile we get visitors from the AAC who seem to really appreciate WSU and want us around.
                    Count me among the masses from the message boards who want the Shockers added last year. If message board sentiment impacted, it would be a done deal.

I really wish the powers-that-be would get over "must have football" .... if WSU (and Dayton and VUC) enhance hoops and don't impact football, let's exploit the strength brought and that Power 5 schools won't do it. Best of luck in the tournament!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                      Lutz can be full of himself, but he is generally pretty fair when it comes to the Shockers. He is a guy who has been saying for years that KU and KSU should regularly play WSU. He also is willing to criticize the idiot national pundits like Palm and Gottlieb who are dismissive of WSU.

He isn't the biggest fanboy of WSU because he really cannot be one as a journalist. However, it sounds like he was a HUGE WSU fan as a kid.

So...I would cut the guy some slack.
                      I haven't read one of his articles in a long time. His on air personality, where I don't think he's required to veil any allegiance either way, doesn't come across as subdued enthusiasm for the Shocks. At least not the last time I listened. It has been awhile honestly speaking.

Comment

• Tulsa alum here, Kansas native. Wouldn't it be something if the Shockers joined the AAC? It would be the Valley of Death 2.0! My first college fball game was at Cessna, first bball at Levitt; great memories of "Cheese!".

I'm convinced the AAC is going to add one non-football member. A few months ago a knowledgeable WSU booster told me TU's AD had been on WSU's campus, checking out the facilities and plans on behalf of the league. So no question the AD's, at least, have been discussing & evaluating for some time. Only question in my mind is who will it be? WSU's athletics is best of the bunch but the eastern schools and Cincy may be more in favor of a Dayton or VCU. Dr Bardo's execution on the vision to increase WSU's academic profile couldn't have come at a better time to help WSU's chances. And who knows, football may still be in the mix clinching it for Wichita.

The AAC is a great conference for TU - strong schools in fun cities like Houston, Dallas, NOLA, Memphis, Orlando. Wichita would love it and never look back.

Comment

• Whats up Tulsa? This I an AAC takeover of WHICITA baby. AAC keeps Tulsa and ECU together. I really like hangng with Tulsa an Tulane and Memphis. that is who I think ecu's group of allies is =]

Comment

• Originally posted by Starfox207 View Post
                            Whats up Tulsa? This I an AAC takeover of WHICITA baby. AAC keeps Tulsa and ECU together. I really like hangng with Tulsa an Tulane and Memphis. that is who I think ecu's group of allies is =]
                            Can someone with banhammer credentials get work done here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Can someone with banhammer credentials get work done here.
                              I want a location check first.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                I want a location check first.
                                I live in North Carolina. No need to ban and absolutely no disrespect with taking over anything was meant. I like Wichita and just excited. If you get in I will welcome you on csnbbs board. Good luck and good bye

Comment

Working...
                                X