No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think we're pretty much at the point where going independent starts looking less and less like a bad idea.

Comment

• Wait, what? A money back guarantee for season tickets?? I'm not that old (just turned 38), but I can remember even not too long ago when Valley opponents packed their houses even for bad teams. This conference is falling off a cliff.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• On the bright side, I think we can pencil in another date on the schedule.

WSU @ MSU Dec. 28th

Comment

• Dennis Dodd Twitter - "Former FCS official on WSU feasibility study: “If they’re not doing this to get into Mountain West, I don’t know why they’re doing it."
          Last edited by DPruett2333; August 3, 2016, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• I just realized that in realignment, the actual best possible outcome is for the Big 12 to somehow implode and for KU to get screwed by it. :)

Comment

• I dropped by the phognet forum to see what they are thinking. Apparently they think expansion is a network ploy to blow up the Big 12 in order to get OU and Texas into better football conferences. They seemed convinced the league is done, either now or at the end of their TV deal in 8 years. They are hoping for a B1G invite.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                I dropped by the phognet forum to see what they are thinking. Apparently they think expansion is a network ploy to blow up the Big 12 in order to get OU and Texas into better football conferences. They seemed convinced the league is done, either now or at the end of their TV deal in 8 years. They are hoping for a B1G invite.
                Should the Big 12 implode then the B1G is their only hope to remain in a P4 conference; as I have posted in the NCAA thread, they have about 20% probability of being invited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  Should the Big 12 implode then the B1G is their only hope to remain in a P4 conference; as I have posted in the NCAA thread, they have about 20% probability of being invited.
                  I like statistics that say KU has an 80% chance of getting screwed. This is a statistic I can get behind.

Comment

I dropped by the phognet forum to see what they are thinking. Apparently they think expansion is a network ploy to blow up the Big 12 in order to get OU and Texas into better football conferences. They seemed convinced the league is done, either now or at the end of their TV deal in 8 years. They are hoping for a B1G invite.
                    I'd be surprised if the Big 12 stood pat for 8 years.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• KU fits the mold of the B1G. They would have two doormat teams if the beakers were to join. Each division needs one in football.

KSU would have to go mountain west i would think. As would Iowa State. Who knows about the rest.

Comment

• I wonder if the MVC would make room for a couple more western teams? Patty Viverito might not like it that KU and KState would park their programs in the MVFC though.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

You're doing Gods work, sacrificing your well being and sanity by going over there. Bless you.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            KU fits the mold of the B1G. They would have two doormat teams if the beakers were to join. Each division needs one in football.

KSU would have to go mountain west i would think. As would Iowa State. Who knows about the rest.
                            Mountain West or PAC 12
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                              KU fits the mold of the B1G. They would have two doormat teams if the beakers were to join. Each division needs one in football.

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Mountain West or PAC 12
                              Just spit ballin' here, but why the MWC? If the P5 was to become the P4 and the Big 12-2 was gone, that leaves 7, maybe 8 teams from the that conference to be added to the remaining P4 conferences to make 16 teams each. Currently, if I added right, it would take 9 additional teams to make 16 each.

The Pac 12 needs 4 teams. I would think at least 2, maybe 3 from the Big 12 and BYU. Another possibility is New Mexico, but let's not use them. I think BYU would be a better fit than any 4th Big 12 team.

If the above is true, that leaves at least 4 Big 12 teams (5 if 8 teams go to the P4) to fit into the remaining 5 slots. It would look like UConn would be the remaining team to the Big 10 or not at all if 5 Big 12 teams fill the holes.

At worst, the AAC and MWC could lose 1 team each. A little more likely, just the AAC loses one. Very possibly, neither lose any teams. If you were the remaining 2 or 3 Big 12 teams without a home, would you go MWC or AAC? Football would be about a push and the AAC would be superior to the MWC (at this time anyway) in basketball. I would also think, that for the same reasons many posters on here prefer the AAC over the MWC (such as time zones) for a WSU landing spot, so would teams that are equal to or farther east than us from the Big 12.

What'cha think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Just spit ballin' here, but why the MWC? If the P5 was to become the P4 and the Big 12-2 was gone, that leaves 7, maybe 8 teams from the that conference to be added to the remaining P4 conferences to make 16 teams each. Currently, if I added right, it would take 9 additional teams to make 16 each.

The Pac 12 needs 4 teams. I would think at least 2, maybe 3 from the Big 12 and BYU. Another possibility is New Mexico, but let's not use them. I think BYU would be a better fit than any 4th Big 12 team.

If the above is true, that leaves at least 4 Big 12 teams (5 if 8 teams go to the P4) to fit into the remaining 5 slots. It would look like UConn would be the remaining team to the Big 10 or not at all if 5 Big 12 teams fill the holes.

At worst, the AAC and MWC could lose 1 team each. A little more likely, just the AAC loses one. Very possibly, neither lose any teams. If you were the remaining 2 or 3 Big 12 teams without a home, would you go MWC or AAC? Football would be about a push and the AAC would be superior to the MWC (at this time anyway) in basketball. I would also think, that for the same reasons many posters on here prefer the AAC over the MWC (such as time zones) for a WSU landing spot, so would teams that are equal to or farther east than us from the Big 12.

What'cha think?
                                I think the AAC is a better fit for basically every left behind Big 12 school. AAC already has several schools in the proximity of the Big 12. Houston, Tulsa, Tulane and SMU would fit perfectly with KU, KSU, TCU and Texas Tech or Baylor. Iowa State and WVU are fairly close to Cincinnati, Memphis, Temple, Navy and East Carolina. When you compare those footprints to the Mountain West, its not even close. A merger of some remaining Big 12 schools and the AAC would make a lot of sense if things really do fall apart. That wouldn't be that bad of a conference at all. Now if I could only get WSU in on the action somehow...

Comment

Working...
                                X