American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    If it's only going to take $78K, I think we should go for it.
    Well hell, we might as well discuss who should coach. Bring in Jerry Kill. He grew up in Cheney, played at Southwestern, coached at Pitt St, Emporia St, Southern Illinois along with what everyone seems to know him from with Northern Illinois and Minnesota. Yes, he retired due to Health reasons. Maybe he will have the seizures under control by then and be ready to take on a big challenge very close to home.
    I'm sure it would take a couple years before we would even see a game if the decision was to ever bring back football anyway.

BTW...I don't know this guy from Adam, but from what has been said about him from his peers, he's a good coach and guy.

Comment

• Seriously, hire Higgins from ESU. He built that program from nothing to intensely competitive and putting kids in the NFL.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• One thing I've always loved about the football discussion is how quickly folks run from "feasibility of many-million dollar decision" to hiring a coach and filling out a roster.

Ahh, the life of a fan.

Comment

• I applaud Dr. Bardo's thought process and the fact that they will be looking into all aspects of the athletic program including conference affiliation. So whether WSU brings back football or not there could be some very interesting things to come out of this process. I look forward to seeing how this transpires.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            If we could get it started well for $10 million, that might be worth it. We aren't going to spend the $$$ if we stay in the MVC. So at what point do go ahead with football? It would take 30 seconds to put one together to beat KU, but I'm sure we want a better team than that. Do we shop ourselves as willing to add football and start a program in the MVCF after being extended an invite and a three year transition period? Or do we just go for it and build the stadium and hire Coach Cowher and hope that attracts the kind of talent to compete at a high level?
            One of the constants we had when we had a D-1 football program was recruiting, or better put a lack of recruiting.

Many people blamed this on the fact that we had 3 D-1 fb programs in Kansas at the time and they were scavenging off each other.

I've seen a number of talented players from Wichita who went out of the state to play. I think one of the key questions would be whether we could keep those kids in-state or not. If we could recruit 5 out of the top 10 major fb athletes coming out of Wichita yearly, we could probably sustain a program.

If we can't build a seriously competitive program, then we shouldn't ought to do it. It just costs too much.

Comment

• Just buy Pitt State. :)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• How many more years can KU claim they "have football." Curious what the realignment puppeteers think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Just buy Pitt State. :)
                  We would immediately come in better that Missouri state on day 1

Comment

• hey they could just hire my step dad, he swears he know's best how to utilize the cheifs running game and the best time to use timeouts...all you would have to do is pay him in beer! (sarcasm)
                    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I think a capital K stands for Katrillion.
                      Or Kochillion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        How many more years can KU claim they "have football." Curious what the realignment puppeteers think.
                        IIRC, in the event of a B12 implosion (not so likely to happen anymore) both KU and KSU were on the outside looking in. KU I get, but KSU was kind of a head scratcher, they had a bad year this year, but have had enough success that they wouldn't be an '0fer' in the SEC/ACC/PAC12.

KU, on the other hand, is a basketball school playing intermural D1 football. Their talent is so lousy they might as well not have anyone on scholarship.

Comment

• The discussion of football coming back to Wichita is like the scene in Gladiator where Maximus is speaking to Marcus Aurelius in his tent after slaying the gauls in the beginning of the movie.

Maximus: I’ve seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Marcus Aurelius: Yet you have never been there. You have not seen what it has become. I am dying, Maximus. When a man sees his end… he wants to know there was some purpose to his life. How will the world speak my name in years to come? Will I be known as the philosopher? The warrior? The tyrant? Or will I be the emperor who gave Rome back her true self? There was once a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish… it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter. Maximus, let us whisper now, together you and I.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                            The discussion of football coming back to Wichita is like the scene in Gladiator where Maximus is speaking to Marcus Aurelius in his tent after slaying the gauls in the beginning of the movie.

Maximus: I’ve seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Marcus Aurelius: Yet you have never been there. You have not seen what it has become. I am dying, Maximus. When a man sees his end… he wants to know there was some purpose to his life. How will the world speak my name in years to come? Will I be known as the philosopher? The warrior? The tyrant? Or will I be the emperor who gave Rome back her true self? There was once a dream that was Rome. You could only whisper it. Anything more than a whisper and it would vanish… it was so fragile. And I fear that it will not survive the winter. Maximus, let us whisper now, together you and I.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              The discussion of football coming back to Wichita is like the scene in Gladiator where Maximus is speaking to Marcus Aurelius in his tent after slaying the gauls in the beginning of the movie.

Or when Navin Johnson finds his Special Purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Just buy Pitt State. :)
                                That's the most creative idea yet -- Wichita State University-Pittsburg, home of the Shoxilla (sorry to steal your handle, man) football program along with whatever women's sports are required to balance the scholarships. Everything else stays in Wichita.

Now we're talking good practical reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X