American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    Also possible. I guess my point is two-fold. 1. We don't really know. 2. He definitely hasn't screwed it up.
    SubGod, you are getting as bad about Sexton as Shock Ref was with Graham Hatch, only negative instead of positive.

If you have some specific criticisms of Sexton, let's hear them. Otherwise you really sound like a child.

Sexton has been AD for five years. It is way past inheriting something good.

I really want to know very specifically why you have no faith in Sexton regarding conference affiliation. Or is it just a gut feeling?

Comment

• ABC.... Most of us really want to believe in this guy. How about you explaining all of the great things he's done for WSU.
      I'll help get you started.
      1. Has retained HCGM as well as nearly all coaches
      2. Made a good hire with the women's BB coach
      3. Good fiduciary and compliance control

I'm sure there exists much more. Lay it on us. We want to believe in his leadership. Heck he seems like a real decent guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        ABC.... Most of us really want to believe in this guy. How about you explaining all of the great things he's done for WSU.

I'm sure there exists much more. Lay it on us. We want to believe in his leadership. Heck he seems like a real decent guy.
        Right. Let's start with the specific criticisms. I am not saying the Sexton is the greatest AD we've ever had. I don't really say much. I just want to know why so many don't like him or don't have faith in him. Specifics please.

Comment

ABC.... Most of us really want to believe in this guy. How about you explaining all of the great things he's done for WSU.

Jim Schaus hired Jody Adams.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• I haven't been that critical of Sexton. I just like to point out the validity of those who question his ability when people come on here and declare him to be great. There's no overwhelming evidence on either side. All I've said is concerns are valid. He hasn't done anything that stands out that you can point to and say well done or good decision. Paying 3G is a no-brainer so I'm not sure I'd jump all over that one. He hasn't screwed anything up that I can tell, I'll give him that. His public speaking skills are as bad as mine and that's not comforting to a lot of people. I know that's not how one should be judged. If I were judged based on my public speaking skills people would think I'm an idiot as well. But when you're in a position like he is, it's front and center. I'm also guessing that's why we hear very little from him generally.

Personally, I'm fairly indifferent on this topic. I do understand the concerns though and get annoyed when people try to dismiss them without giving any reasons as to why those concerns have no validity.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Granted, Prez Bardo has the ultimate say, but ADES should be constantly looking for options and presenting them. There is the problem. A lot of us think he's a nice fellow but perhaps a little passive and without vision.
              This opinion is based on what? What do you know what Sexton has or hasn't done regarding conference options?

Sub, who declares him to be great? Your passive aggressive comments regarding Sexton do not seem to reflect an indifference to me.

Comment

• If he doesnt get us into a new conference, it isnt necessarily his fault. Two are needed to tango.

Not trying is not really either, as the book is not out on whether a move is needed. But in 5 years. If the valley sucks, and we failed to make an attempt at the height of our stock value, and in turn, our program suffers.... Lack of vision at this point could be laid on him.

But as of right now, I dont see why we need to call his judgement into question.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                  Sub, who declares him to be great?
                  Those who think anybody who questions anything about him are insane.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I am seeing strawmen galore. Mel Kahn would enjoy this.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Those who think anybody who questions anything about him are insane.
                      Like the straw man much, Sub? Please find and post the link to the greatness declaration or drop it. Or find the "insane" reference. I'll take either.

Do you seriously want me to believe that you make comments like those in the thread because you have a few concerns or questions and would like to discuss them? It just unsubstantiated and vague criticism, and it is lame.

I still have yet to read ANY specific criticisms from you, save public speaking skills.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I do understand the concerns though and get annoyed when people try to dismiss them without giving any reasons as to why those concerns have no validity.
                      Shouldn't the reasons for the concerns come first? I can't really say something isn't valid if there is no there there.
                      Last edited by ABC; April 9, 2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Like the straw man much, Sub? Please find and post the link to the greatness declaration or drop it. Or find the "insane" reference. I'll take either.
                        Nobody has been called insane. They do seem to be treated as such as the Sexton lovers come out and attack any criticizm.

Do you seriously want me to believe that you make comments like those in the thread because you have a few concerns or questions and would like to discuss them?
                        I don't give a crap what you believe. If you knew me at all, you'd know I'll make arguments for any side of a discussion for discussions sake. And I hate when people are more or less attacked for providing their thoughts on an issue. Especially when no one side has any hard evidence to support their claims.

I still have yet to read ANY specific criticisms from you, save public speaking skills.
                        That's one more than the supporters have shown. So I guess the ball is on that side of the court to come up with one. I honestly don't have a side as I've stated before. I definitely understand the concerns. I don't see anybody coming out and bashing him even though some of the "lovers' seem to act as if that's happening. I guess that's why I'm arguing on this side of things.

Shouldn't the reasons for the concerns come first? I can't really say something isn't valid if there is no there there.
                        Why should they? Is it because the other side has no hard evidence to support their claims? It goes both ways even if you don't want it to.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I think the massive improvement in the marketing campaign over the last year has been tremendous. Good timing, too, since it came along just in time to be put in the national spotlight.

Comment

• Sub, you used the word insane, not me.

You are making the claim of deficiencies of Sexton. I am simply asking for some back-up for those assertions, concerns and thoughts and you have none. None.

Exactly what thoughts have you provided on the subject? Any other than you just don't seem to have a good feel for Sexton.

As for the positives about his tenure, several were listed in this thread, yet you still didn't give him any credit.

If you have a firm thought on the subject, defend those points of views and stop being so defensive when you are challenged.

The way you are trying to turn this issue is pure silliness. Prove to me you don't beat your wife.

Comment

• Maybe Sub misses Cold and is trying to shoulder some of the load...

Comment

• Things and AD should be judged on (just starting a list here):
                                1. Fundraising
                                2. Attracting/Maintaining good coaches
                                3. Running clean and successful athletic programs
                                4. Replacing bad coaches/improving underperforming programs
                                5. Facilities improvements

I'm not sure how high up the list public speaking is, but I would say these are the top five priorities. Anyone want to add/edit or comment on how he's doing in these areas?

Comment

Working...
                                X