American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    So your argument is that a successful program has stayed successful so therefore he is perfect for the job and nobody should have any worries?

I do think retaining coaches is an important thing. I'm just not sure how big of a deal it really is in this situation. WSU has shown it has the money to compete. That goes back even before Sexton was hired. 3G has shown the willingness to not jump from job to job which makes that a little easier. That's why I don't give it bonus points.

As far as Lamb goes, I don't know near as much about him or his desires or what is required to keep him around.

Stephenson is a big issue. And as I've said, that's the first real thing we'll see from Sexton one way or the other.
    Will you stop with the straw man arguments? No one said he was perfect and that everything is perfect.

At least you acknowledge there is a lot you don't know - yet willing to offer an opinion.

When the only criticism you can cough up with public speaking skills, that is close to zero. Still waiting.

I heard him on numerous media interviews during the Final 4 runs and he did fine to good. I've not seen him in public for a while.

Let me repeat I am not touting him and his accomplishments. Simply asking for some specific problems or concerns that people have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      1. C+ OR B-
      2. Attracting = C Retaining = A
      3. B
      4. C or D
      5. C
      Those are specifics. Just curious if have a quick comment on each grade. What should sexton be doing that he's not regarding facilities and bad coaches?

Comment

• Rumor is the Mountain West has made an overture to a basketball only school.

No details on who, but rumored to have been Gonzaga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Rumor is the Mountain West has made an overture to a basketball only school.

Thanks for this. Any link on the rumor/discussion of it?

Comment

Rumor is the Mountain West has made an overture to a basketball only school.

Yay. Something about realignment now. Of course that wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Comment

• No press yet. If there is any substance it will catch quickly.

Will be a VERY interesting as we enter Realignment 3.0.

Comment

• If true and Gonzaga was invited, I am praying fervently they decline. I would do terrible, unspeakable things for that spot.

Comment

• Id rather go East.

Comment

Id rather go East.
                    East would be best for us. More exposure and where we recruit. I'm not sure the Zags are open to the MWC though. Rumor has it they don't want to be affiliated with a bunch of large public schools like the MWC has. Sounds like they were interested in the C7/Big East group, but the "fit" explains that.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'd rather go east as well, especially after the MWC laid a huge egg in the NCAA Tournament after supposedly being a top two conference in the country. And now that Steve Alford has left New Mexico, who knows what direction that program will go in.

Comment

• I would sacrifice unlimited amounts of kittens and redheads for either option.

Comment

• Leave those redheads alone. And blondes an brunettes for that matter.

Comment

Leave those redheads alone. And blondes an brunettes for that matter.
                            Fine, but it's on you if it costs us an AAC invite. Jobu needs 2 things: rum and living sacrifices.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                              Fine, but it's on you if it costs us an AAC invite. Jobu needs 2 things: rum and living sacrifices.
                              Doesn't Jobu prefer chicken sacrifice?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I say F you Jobu, we'll do it ourselves!

Comment

Working...
                                X