American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
    I mean, that thread's pretty evenly split between detractors and supporters. It also should get as much weight as any thread on MVCFans, which is basically nil.

But your first post on this board also made it obvious you are a troll, so...

It's clear there is more interest between the MWC and WSU than ever before. I really,

really hope Bardo can parlay it into something after this weekend.
    I assure u I'm no troll, my first post was just out of sheer curiosity.
    Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• The MVC needs to step up in its gifts to its players. I mean, a freakin' T-Shirt while the A-10 gives out a blue-ray player, or Bose headphones. C'mon cheapskates

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        The MVC needs to step up in its gifts to its players. I mean, a freakin' T-Shirt while the A-10 gives out a blue-ray player, or Bose headphones. C'mon cheapskates

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...ege-gifts.aspx
        Not just a T-Shirt, a long sleeve t-shirt. :0

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Well, there you go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Originally posted by pogo View Post
            Well, there you go.
            a Nike Performance long sleeve T-Shirt!

Comment

• This is great... Glad to see they get a floor piece, etc. to remember the experience as well!

Fossil watch, and players from the Final Four teams also will receive a Jostens ring, Wilson backpack and mini basketball, Lucite game ticket, Final Four floor piece, Final Four hat, bench chair and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                This is great... Glad to see they get a floor piece, etc. to remember the experience as well!

Fossil watch, and players from the Final Four teams also will receive a Jostens ring, Wilson backpack and mini basketball, Lucite game ticket, Final Four floor piece, Final Four hat, bench chair and Beats by Dr. Dre headphones
                Sounds like they did alright in the loot category.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                  Here's what the folks over at the mwc boards are saying about Wichita St. Joining http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=47170 basically no football, no offer.
                  Nevada fan here. Most of those nay sayers are the same guys who said no to TCU back in 2005 and no to Nevada and Fresno St back in 2010. I'm in support for you guys to become our 12th member. You guys bring a good basketball and a really good baseball team which the MWC needs badly because losing TCU, Utah and BYU really hurt. Other then Wyoming, Utah St. and Colorado St. all MWC schools are located in cities with major international airports so travel shouldnt be an issue. Hawaii is football only so you guys wont go there.
                  One of the main concerns is what happened to the old big east with the basketball only schools might happen to the MWC. The problem with that concern was big east was basketball first and half the conference was basketball only. MWC will only have 1 basketballl only member only with you guys and you guys probably don't mind that.
                  The MWC tourney is held in Vegas which is a great place thus you guys won't have attendance issues. Just make sure your school has in place a ticket policy because New Mexico and Wyoming has been known to go to other schools ticket office and buy all of their tickets out. Fresno learned this the hard way which about 60% of their tickets were bought by New Mexico fans.

Comment

• MWC -> make it so!

Comment

• And what are the odds that Eric Sexton has knocked at that door?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        And what are the odds that Eric Sexton has knocked at that door?
                        None. He's the kind of guy that doesn't want to upset the apple cart, even if the apples are rotten and have worms.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          And what are the odds that Eric Sexton has knocked at that door?
                          You keep forgetting that changing conferences isn't just his decision. Try including Bardo and the regents. Or keep grinding your axe towards Sexton and showing your ignorance.

Comment

• ADES may be the type who doesn't like upsetting the apple cart, but he is also a good soldier and will do whatever Bardo commands with zeal. He is not asleep on this.

Comment

• Lostshocker, I'm not so sure you're correct in negating the initiative that a good AD has in steering the ship. Granted, Prez Bardo has the ultimate say, but ADES should be constantly looking for options and presenting them. There is the problem. A lot of us think he's a nice fellow but perhaps a little passive and without vision.

I do agree with '89 that ADES is a good soldier and follows commands well and would certainly look into it if directed by his boss. But is it really Pres Bardo's job to completely understand the lay of the land and all the changing parts of athletic conferences, or is that really the AD's job?

Time to lead ADES.

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                                You keep forgetting that changing conferences isn't just his decision. Try including Bardo and the regents. Or keep grinding your axe towards Sexton and showing your ignorance.
                                It may not be his decision but he is a pretty big part of it.

Sometimes I forget we even have an AD. I can't even remember the last time I've heard the man. I guess I'm still used to the previous administration. Either that, or he realizes he needs to brush up on his speaking skills.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X