American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
    No kidding. What a tool. Someone should call that loser out on that site. Some "wsu fan" he is LOL. UNC can have that idiot! Man up courtjester!!!!
    Who is this? I'm on UNC sites... what's his name there? I'll hunt him down.

Comment

• I have said it before and I will say it again; football is King maker...
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Latest article. Looks like the potential TV deal is based on a 12-team league. Couldn't tell from the way the article is written, but it sounds like they may be setting up a non-equal revenue deal. Or maybe they just mean they can make more money in a basketball league that doesn't have unequal money for the football members.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

With confirmation of a 12 team league, I would think they would have to give some generous offers, or risk programs like Xavier and Butler turning them down.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• The inequity will only be or schools choosing not to pay an entrance fee up front to cover legal cost of starting a new league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            $500 million., yes. But not with equal distribution.

But based on initial reports, Butler and Xavier would not be willing to join if they do not receive an equal share. It is believed Dayton and Creighton would be the same way.

Wonder, based on TV rating above, what would happen if 10-12 basketball dedicated schools not in the C7 banded together?

East:
            Xavier
            Butler
            Dayton
            VCU
            George Mason
            Richmond

West:
            Creighton
            Bradley
            Wichita State
            Gonzaga
            St. Louis
            St. Mary's
            A great concept, DSB -- the "Basketball Twelve" (maybe I should formally copyright that name).

Comment

• FWIW - UHCougar mentioned this coming out of the BE meetings:

A key discussion point is whether to bolster the basketball strength by adding 2-4 schools like St. Louis, VCU, Wichita State, Belmont, etc. There is no consensus on who to invite if this is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                FWIW - UHCougar mentioned this coming out of the BE meetings:

A key discussion point is whether to bolster the basketball strength by adding 2-4 schools like St. Louis, VCU, Wichita State, Belmont, etc. There is no consensus on who to invite if this is done.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid...439#pid8820439
                I'm a little leary of how things are moving in the BE, but if they went that direction it would be something to think about. Recruiting doors would open and there are a number of schools in the areas we recruit. Tulsa looks like they may join, SMU and Houston give us more Texas access and exposure. Tulane, USF and UCF, Memphis, ECU (probably). Add in that they currently have UConn and Cincy (for how long?). You know those two are gone when they get a chance though. I'm not entirely sure where I sit on this as I hadn't thought about it... The pay would definitely be better than the MVC.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'm just glad we're finally being mentioned somewhere other than our own board.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                    FWIW - UHCougar mentioned this coming out of the BE meetings:

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid...439#pid8820439
                    I'd be shocked if WSU gave the NewLittleEast so much as a glance. Most of the best Basketball teams are in the process of running for the doors. It's only a matter of time before UConn and Cincy get out. And as I said before, I'd bet Temple and Memphis (both of whom thought they were moving up) are now kicking themselves and will get out as soon as they can. Even Boise State and SDSU said TO HELL WITH THIS before ever playing a single game in the NewLittleEast. So what's left? A bunch of teams from that dog of a conference, CUSA. The NewLittleEast is quickly shaping-up to be just another one bid basketball conference with huge travel expenses and no identity. Why the hell would WSU ever want to be a part of that?
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

• Nothing will happen realignment wise until the C7 gives their list of choices for their new league. I still think that there will be a surprise or two on the list. I just don't know who to guess that it would be.

The Big East is all but dead. I don't think that would be a good decision other than for recruiting purposes. Unless some of the members step up their basketball programs, it will be a 1-2 bid league yearly. Of course that is the MVC most years as well. Just more TV exposure would come from the BE, which is what recruits do look for.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                        Nothing will happen realignment wise until the C7 gives their list of choices for their new league. I still think that there will be a surprise or two on the list. I just don't know who to guess that it would be.

The Big East is all but dead. I don't think that would be a good decision other than for recruiting purposes. Unless some of the members step up their basketball programs, it will be a 1-2 bid league yearly. Of course that is the MVC most years as well. Just more TV exposure would come from the BE, which is what recruits do look for.
                        That's kind of my thinking. The MVC without CU takes a hit. Even if Cincy and UConn bolt, this new conference would have Memphis, Temple and Houston which are all solid programs. Tulsa should get back to that and they're looking to get out of CUSA. More money and exposure and I doubt it'd be any worse than the MVC. Especially when UNI and ISU start getting nervous and look to move football up. I'm not saying I'd jump all over it, but I'd hardly dismiss it. They'd look to go E/W to help with travel costs I believe which would have most of our travel to Tulsa, Houston, SMU, Tulane and Memphis. It would be something to consider. Especially since it would be more exposure on TV and and help recruiting as well as money. I believe we get something like 300k from our media deal in the MVC. We'd probably get about 10x that in a conference like this. And if UConn and/or Cincy do somehow stay...
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Plus that would help out Baseball with the E/W thing. That would be a pretty good baseball division.

Would they still play the conference tourney at the Garden? Or would it move around?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            Plus that would help out Baseball with the E/W thing. That would be a pretty good baseball division.

Would they still play the conference tourney at the Garden? Or would it move around?
                            The C7 seem to think that they'll get MSG. I've heard talk that Memphis could be an option for the BE. They've hosted CUSA I think and done quite well from my understanding. But it's been awhile since I read about all of that.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              The C7 seem to think that they'll get MSG. I've heard talk that Memphis could be an option for the BE. They've hosted CUSA I think and done quite well from my understanding. But it's been awhile since I read about all of that.
                              If we ever got into the C7, I hear we play pretty good in MSG.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Memphis wouldn't be too bad for travel for fans. It would be more centrally located than MSG too.

Comment

Working...
                                X