No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little bit upset we don't get Memphis at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      Just a little bit upset we don't get Memphis at home.
      Was just getting ready to post the same thing.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Was just getting ready to post the same thing.
        It'll be interesting to see how Memphis does this year. Tubby has good work cut out.

Comment

• Wait...we could still get Memphis at home right? It's just one game, either home OR away?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
            Wait...we could still get Memphis at home right? It's just one game, either home OR away?
            Nope, they have it broken down into "Only Home" and "Only Away"
            Home: USF, Tulane
            Away: Memphis, East Carolina

Comment

• It means that Memphis is projected to be one of the 4 bottom teams in the conference this season (along with USF, Tulane, and ECU). Who would you cut to accommodate Memphis? UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, SMU, Temple, or Tulsa?

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                It means that Memphis is projected to be one of the 4 bottom teams in the conference this season (along with USF, Tulane, and ECU). Who would you cut to accommodate Memphis? UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, Houston, SMU, Temple, or Tulsa?
                Yep. Though you could argue we could have Memphis at home and Tulane on the road.

But, from a 'win the league' standpoint, this is a tough schedule. From a get a decent NCAA seed standpoint, the league managed to not screw it up. Something we're not accustomed to around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Nope, they have it broken down into "Only Home" and "Only Away"
                  Home: USF, Tulane
                  Away: Memphis, East Carolina
                  ahh...I see it now. There was actually two different graphics. Didn't see the second. Thanks &Shock.

Comment

• Did someone say free tacos?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• SMU with a favorable schedule to win the league. Less favorable for NCAA seeding

Comment

• I'm just glad we're finally getting a little more info on our schedule. A little bummed to not get Memphis at home like everyone else, but only because it's a well known name. Like @UCONN_Husky said, they'll probably be pretty down this year, so I'm not sad about only playing them once. This schedule will definitely give us the SOS number we need for a good seed. Now all we need to do is go out and win! Excited to get this season rolling!

Comment

• I was looking forward to a New Orleans road trip, oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I was looking forward to a New Orleans road trip, oh well.
                            I'm told that Memphis is legit as well...the city of course, not the team.
                            78-65

Comment

• I think the days of "but they didn't play anybody" are over. Only 4 rpi hits in league play. We had 10 of those last year. We might even be able to get Evansville'd in this league and not have it be an elimination game for at-large consideration.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                I was looking forward to a New Orleans road trip, oh well.
                                Not me. New Orleans has become a scary city to visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X