American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    If KU and/or K-State ends up in the same conference as Wichita State in the future, I will have a nice, long laugh.
    😎

Comment

If KU and/or K-State ends up in the same conference as Wichita State in the future, I will have a nice, long laugh.
      I think KU would join the Valley before they joined a conference with WSU.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

It would be quite humorous if we were one of the schools that had to vote to let them in

Comment

• Raising the price of men's basketball tickets $5 would equate to $800k. The $ made from WSU AAC merchandise will be a pretty good chunk of change. Enrollment numbers should go up. Increased attendance at the other sports. TV revenue and NCAA tournament revenue in the foreseeable future. What I'm getting at is I think WSU will be just fine when it comes to money.

Comment

• We still need those big Texas $$$$$

:).
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              The thing that makes me happy right now is that it does seem very much like the American leadership has high aspirations and is actively trying to establish the conference at the top level. It has the feel of a growing conference. They have a clear goal, and I think they will achieve it. We are in the right place.
              And it doesn't have a lame name that misstates the number of members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Interesting passive aggressive response
                You need to invest your share too or as they used to say "Put your money where your mouth is". 😏

Comment

• The B12 is probabluy stable until the GoR runs out, which is 2024 as I recall. They recently discovered that they don't get an additional penny in TV money if they expand. I don't know that they burned down any bridges by their botched expansion move, but they pretty much lit a few on fire.

If other conferences run into the same thing - that they don't get more mone6y by expanding, then the B12 might actually be stable.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    The B12 is probabluy stable until the GoR runs out, which is 2024 as I recall. They recently discovered that they don't get an additional penny in TV money if they expand. I don't know that they burned down any bridges by their botched expansion move, but they pretty much lit a few on fire.

If other conferences run into the same thing - that they don't get more mone6y by expanding, then the B12 might actually be stable.
                    What I heard, from a guy I really trust, is that the Big 12 made a play that backfired. Their current contract has a clause to pay more for more members. That amount would net each school the same money unless the schools that joined had to give up revenue to become a member. They put in motion a bidding process for schools to apply, see which school both looked best and also was willing to buy their way in. On the backside, they tried to negotiate a deal with the networks to pay the conference a little more money to not expand, saving the network some money and still getting more money to each member school. In the end,they alienated a bunch of schools and angered the networks. They won't be bargaining from a position of power in 2024. They totally effed up. Not stable,at all.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Great article, not the complete story, but delves a bit into the Big 12 trying to negotiate with the networks to not expand.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                        Of course they would.

The Big 12 is the greatest collection of basketball the world has ever seen.
                        I'm a huge fan of sarcasm!!!!:)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          You need to invest your share too or as they used to say "Put your money where your mouth is". ��
                          You don't need to worry about that, I spend plenty on the Shockers considering I only get to see a few games a year, My price per game is probably $1,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            You don't need to worry about that, I spend plenty on the Shockers considering I only get to see a few games a year, My price per game is probably $1,000.
                            Is that a donation that includes Emporia State?

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              I'm a huge fan of sarcasm!!!!:)
                              It's often missed out here, like when I suggested that the MVC shold invite Washington State, so MSU fans could make shirts that said "Washington Is Not A State". That one blew right by a couple of people.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm wondering if the pool that the American uses for basketball officials is the same pool the MVC uses. Be interesting if any like PJ do any games in the American. And its not PJ Cousinard.

Comment

Working...
                                X