American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
    If he got kicked off Holy Land for being passive aggressive towards CU or the BIGEAST, I like @Bearcat_Bounce even more now.

At any rate, thanks for the well wishes. I know the transition was good for CU and I'm hoping it will have similar results for us--plus our obligatory NCAA tournament wins ya know... :)
    I'm going to like it here.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
      I gotta tell 'ya, it's hard to sit here and read the comments in this thread. You all are bordering on, to quote Dickens, "...giddy as a schoolboy..." about this impending move. And I don't blame you for one minute. Take the bull by the horns and make your own future. At least I'll be able to be an "all-season" WSU fan now, instead of having to keep it under wraps until my Suckamores get blown out in St. Louis.

I do hate the thought of losing yet another long term conference rival (that might be a bit strong, as I doubt anyone in Wichita actually looks at ISU as a rival), because I'm just positive that the MVC will replace you all with Northwestern South Dakota School of Shorthand and Business Etiquette. Our two schools have had some great moments over the years. Who can forget the beatdown we put on the Shockers in 1979 in which Larry Bird set the school single game scoring record? Or "The Fight" in 1989, or us coming back from 25 down with 10 minutes to go in Marshall and KMac's respective first seasons? Or the single most classy move I've ever seen in a college basketball game when Ron Baker exhorted the fans in St. Louis to give Jake Odum a standing ovation as he checked out for the final time in the MVC Championship game? Yeah, there were some good times...

I hope you all do well in the AAC. I'm sure you will, simply because winners win. And Marshall has taken "winning culture" to a new level at Wichita State. I admit to being jealous. The only culture we have at ISU is a whiny "...we have no mooooooooney..." Smh...

Oh yeah, I have a close friend who works in an MVC athletic department. He told me today that Wichita to the AAC is a done deal, all the but announcement. So, best wishes to all of Shocker Nation. When you get to the Final Four next year, just give a little nod to us little people, and where it all started for you!!! :encouragement:
      Can we get this guy an honorary WSU degree and an assortment of Shocker merchandise?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        What does AAC + WSU equal?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/college-sports/s...state-shockers Dont think this has been posted.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
            Nope, you're the first...

...on this page.

Comment

• For those looking ahead to a lame-duck MVC season, here's a bit of Butler history: in 2011-12, in their last Horizon season, they finished 22-15 and 11-7, tied for third, on their way to the CBI after playing for the National Championship the TWO previous seasons. That probably has less to do with the wrath of the Horizon League and more with who they had to replace, though, because in 2012-13 after a step up to the A-10 they finished 27-9, 11-5, again tied for third, but this time on the way to an at-large spot in the NCAAs.

So even if WSU moves to the AAC and has to wait a year to do so, I doubt that Valley vindictiveness and super bowls will have too much of an adverse impact next season -- the Shocks have too much coming back, and way too much to play for, to get sidetracked if they stay healthy and together.

Comment

• Run the table next year, and then middle finger Elgin for the conference tourney and decline?

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

...on this page.
                  lol things are moving so fast

except the announcement.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    Run the table next year, and then middle finger Elgin for the conference tourney and decline?
                    That'd be funny. Be like: "Nah, thanks though. Already had enough RPI grenades in the conference regular season, and since we're undefeated the point's been made. Kthxbye! It's been real!"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

...on this page.
                      Lol! Snark level +9,000

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                        Lol! Snark level +9,000
                        Oh, man, if you want sports snark, go check out a recent discovery I made: https://thekicker.com/
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                          Oh, man, if you want sports snark, go check out a recent discovery I made: https://thekicker.com/
                          This **** is gold! The Onion for sports! https://thekicker.com/sea-levels-ris...ngs-shirt-out/

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                            I'm going to like it here.
                            This is what I like about what I know (or at least I perceive) about most AAC schools. Everybody has a little edge. Like us. I want a couple rock fights a year.

I want somebody to beat the piss out of so they get back up, rub some dirt on it and get back in the fight. Whoopdeedo, we beat the **** out of the poor sisters of the blind the last decade or so. Let's get after it now. Let's make each other so effing tough that these wine cooler sweater vests piss their pants when they see an AAC heading their way.

Get this done.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              I like that Stevie Nicks song but I can't think of the name of it.
                              Don't stop thinking about tomorrow ?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Get in the truck, Agnes were going on a AAC cruise
                                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                                X