X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    And Butler
    Originally posted by Ta town View Post
    Seems like Loyola made the switch in a very short amount of time.
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    And VCU.
    How quickly did Davidson and George Mason move to the Atl-10?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      There are about 3 or 4 very recent examples of teams moving in shorter timeframes than this.
      I believe that from 2011-2014, Butler played in three different leagues (Horizon, A-10, and Big Priest) in three different seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
        Thank you for annunciating your thoughts on this, but I would like to enunciate mine. :)

No way doesn't mean impossible, it means unlikely or only a slight chance or a long shot. Shirley, you didn't mean "no way" to mean impossible.
        Not sure why this is a hot topic. I have seen a story, not sure where, that the AAC has stated a new member if voted in won't start till 18-19.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
          Not sure why this is a hot topic. I have seen a story, not sure where, that the AAC has stated a new member if voted in won't start till 18-19.
          You are just mad that you can't keep your screen name anymore as soon as the deal goes through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            You are just mad that you can't keep your screen name anymore as soon as the deal goes through.
            That's freaking funny...it didn't hit me till you just broke it to me. Assist Dave Stalwart...nice!

Comment

That's freaking funny...it didn't hit me till you just broke it to me. Assist Dave Stalwart...nice!
              I'm sure @_kai_: can hook you up with @shox:AAC. Looks better anyways.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I believe you read it in the Katz column. However, it didn't quote anyone from the AAC saying that. So I don't think anyone from the AAC has given a timeline. To my knowledge.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I am of the opinion that should all the powers that be want WSU in the AAC next season, it will happen without issue. I'm just not sure that's the case.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    I believe you read it in the Katz column. However, it didn't quote anyone from the AAC saying that. So I don't think anyone from the AAC has given a timeline. To my knowledge.
                    I have zero expertise or special insight to this. I just think it to be naive for us to believe a vote for WSU means we compete in 17-18 in the AAC. It just seems a Herculean effort for two conferences to make all the schedule changes for all sports. My common sense, which is spotty on my best day, supports 100% it will be 18-19.

Comment

I have zero expertise or special insight to this. I just think it to be naive for us to believe a vote for WSU means we compete in 17-18 in the AAC. It just seems a Herculean effort for two conferences to make all the schedule changes for all sports. My common sense, which is spotty on my best day, supports 100% it will be 18-19.
                      But that hasn't been the trend of the recent past. Most of the other moves have been spring announcements with fall moves.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        But that hasn't been the trend of the recent past. Most of the other moves have been spring announcements with fall moves.
                        I'm old school... it takes me 6 months to transition my thinking from contemplating a putter change to actually putting it in my bag. Hell, I just decided to give up the back tees and play from the whites, but this afternoon I will still probably play from the blues. I guess we wait for the vote and figure it out from there.

Comment

I get that I'm being naive about the work needed to make this happen, but bureaucracy frustrates me. We're going to play basketball next year, and we're either going to fly to Evansville to do it, or we're going to fly to Memphis. I can do either of those things tomorrow, if I really wanted, so why can't a wealthy basketball program? Do the paperwork and bureaucracy crap on the fly, let's wing it!

Comment

Think about all the admin tasks associated with a move like this. There is no way on earth this happens prior to 18-19.
                            Sullentrop said he talked to different AD about how much time it takes to move conferences. He was told it shouldn't be a problem moving for the 2017-18 season as long as it was official by June.

Comment

I'm old school... it takes me 6 months to transition my thinking from contemplating a putter change to actually putting it in my bag. Hell, I just decided to give up the back tees and play from the whites, but this afternoon I will still probably play from the blues. I guess we wait for the vote and figure it out from there.
                              You Wuss. Real men play behind the blue tees and hit it off the ground with a wedge.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                You Wuss. Real men play behind the blue tees and hit it off the ground with a wedge.
                                I've seen you play many times...from the red tees with your pink 90 compression Lady Titleist ball. Now back to our regular programming...(lol).

Comment

Working...
                                X