No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasn't it been said the MVC actually pays ESPN to broadcast their stuff?

Comment

• Any truth to the rumor that the Valley has been playing CCR's Bad Moon Rising and Barry McGuire's Eve of Destruction at the Valley Offices this week?

Comment

• It's important what the people around the program both are and are not saying. That said...

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
          No joke, I'd hate to be the Valley at the next negotiation table. They'll be lucky to get an annual supply of Papa John's pizzas for the television rights.
          They might have to barter, provide them with some Barry BBQ sauce for ESPN to allow them to broadcast on ESPN3

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
            No joke, I'd hate to be the Valley at the next negotiation table. They'll be lucky to get an annual supply of Papa John's pizzas for the television rights.
            Casey's is famous for pizza.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I would think that the AAC would prefer to leave next year's very nice NCAA credits likely to be earned by Wichita State to the Valley. So even though adding the Shocks next year might not be ideal in terms of timing the potential dollars on the line may very well provide the AAC an incentive to move sooner than later.
              Won't be long an you will be making an annual roadie to the Tulane game especially once you find the House of the Rising Sun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat_Bounce View Post
                My only concern about Wichita is what will happen if Marshall leaves? Hopefully the support for the program remains strong.

A word to the wise: be very careful in dealing with Bearcat Bounce. Dude got himself kicked off the Holy Land board for being a passive/aggressive troll, and he's one post in on here already with a backhanded slap.

It's short leash time.

Anyway, good luck with finally managing to scrape the scarlet V from your chests. Life without it will be everything you're thinking it will.

Comment

• A bunch of early tournament exits?

Maybe we need to rethink.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                    Casey's is famous for pizza.
                    Aaaaah, you beat me to it...

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      Tulsa has much, much more in common in profile and demographics with Wichita than it does STL. Tulsa metro is roughly 50% larger than Wichita metro; STL metro is roughly 300% larger than Tulsa metro.
                      Tulsa actually 33% bigger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        A bunch of early tournament exits?

Maybe we need to rethink.
                        That's not the BE's fault. It's been in Creighton's blood forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                          http://www.goshockers.com/documents/...16.pdf?id=2785 This shows conference distributions last year of 82K and the previous year was 63K. Not missing much.
                          Would WSU surrender the annual >$1 million labeled as NCAA distribution revenue?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                            Tulsa actually 33% bigger.
                            Wichita MSA is 645K.

Tulsa MSA is 981K.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Wichita MSA is 645K.

Tulsa MSA is 981K.
                              Since there's no new news, I'm going to take a sharp math detour here.

Getting the precise phrases right for math is really hard. I feel like I never learned it in school, but I think it should be part of really basic fractions and percentages (it's also possible that I dozed off that day...)

So, Tulsa is 50% larger than Wichita and Wichita is 33% smaller than Tulsa?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                                Since there's no new news, I'm going to take a sharp math detour here.

Getting the precise phrases right for math is really hard. I feel like I never learned it in school, but I think it should be part of really basic fractions and percentages (it's also possible that I dozed off that day...)

So, Tulsa is 50% larger than Wichita and Wichita is 33% smaller than Tulsa?
                                I know, after looking at it I wasn't really sure of the correct way to annunciate those numbers.

Comment

Working...
                                X