No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 318! I almost took you seriously in some of your earlier posts, and then you go and throw out that 318. I feel guilty laughing, like when the special kid says something inappropriate to the teacher.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Loyola was a 221 RPI and we are freaking embarrassed to add them...318. They have a national championship to boot. ODU hasn't even made a sweet 16.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        318! I almost took you seriously in some of your earlier posts, and then you go and throw out that 318. I feel guilty laughing, like when the special kid says something inappropriate to the teacher.
        Lol, you really expect ODU to stay down more than a year? I don't.

Since 2005 they have 4 NCAAs, 1 NIT, 1 CBI, 2 CITs.

Great facility as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by UofMemphis View Post

Great facility as well.
          Since 2002, SIU has six NCAA appearances, including two Sweet 16's, but they still suck now.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

But I do admit spending 15 years in CUSA gives me a sweet spot for them.
            And in the last nine years you had the higher conference RPI twice.

Sweet spot is one thing, but you're down right delusional.

And I don't understand who you have a sweet spot for. The name? There are only five CUSA members left. And three of those joined in 2005.
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Great facility as well.
              318...Oh, but wait! 1 CBI and 2 CITs...too funny!
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Charlotte, UAB, and USM were founding members of CUSA...Marshall, Rice, and UTEP joined in 2005...so 6 CUSA members.

I wish them well.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  318...Oh, but wait! 1 CBI and 2 CITs...too funny!
                  If you want to act childish go right ahead...

Comment

If you want to act childish go right ahead...
                    I feel like there's probably a meme you could use to teach others about maturity here.

Comment

• Saying something absurd like the CUSA or WCC is a stronger conference than the MVC ain't earning you much credibility, @UofMemphis:. We aren't defending the MVC, we just don't buy loads of crap around here usually.

With THAT said, please keep in mind that many of us (myself included) would sell our mothers and/or do some very distasteful things to get WSU into the AAC. With Memphis, Cincy, and UConn, the AAC is clearly a strong basketball conference--and with our old beloved rival Tulsa joining soon, and SMU and Houston already there, WSU would shore up nicely the western side of the conference. I think it's a great fit for us and makes sense geographically better than any other conference.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• http://m.omaha.com/om/db_90923/conte...tguid=OfuIYSLa

Shatel in Omaha stutters about the big boys plans.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• It is too easy to get to be a Division 1 program. I am not too worried about programs in the MVC. They aren't the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                            It is too easy to get to be a Division 1 program. I am not too worried about programs in the MVC. They aren't the problem.
                            Of the articles I've read on Bowlesby's comments, I don't think the context is basketball. This is the start of the new power-5 breaking away from under the NCAA umbrella. I'm not sure if it's just saber-rattling or not, but if they get what they want, college sports won't look anything in five years like it does now. WSU and the MVC will be part of the new "Division II".

The greed among the "haves" is getting ridiculous. They have totally lost sight of what "sport" is supposed to be. The drive for profit and attempts at avoiding an embarrassing loss is all that matters.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Of the articles I've read on Bowlesby's comments, I don't think the context is basketball. This is the start of the new power-5 breaking away from under the NCAA umbrella. I'm not sure if it's just saber-rattling or not, but if they get what they want, college sports won't look anything in five years like it does now. WSU and the MVC will be part of the new "Division II".

The greed among the "haves" is getting ridiculous. They have totally lost sight of what "sport" is supposed to be. The drive for profit and attempts at avoiding an embarrassing loss is all that matters.
                              In football, this isn't a problem because each team only plays 11 games. However, in basketball, if you only have 64 or so teams, and you have 29 games or so, scheduling becomes a problem. I'm not sure exactly where he's going with this.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                                In football, this isn't a problem because each team only plays 11 games. However, in basketball, if you only have 64 or so teams, and you have 29 games or so, scheduling becomes a problem. I'm not sure exactly where he's going with this.
                                To be more specific, my interpretation of "it's too easy to become Division I" was that, too many schools are jumping from FCS to FBS and taking a piece of the pie, all of which belongs to us. ("Us" being the power-conferences).

I realize it's not that easy to become an FBS program, but we know football is the driver in all of this, so I simply don't believe he was talking about basketball (which I agree is too easy to become Division I). To summarize, he's being disingenuous, IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X