American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    Well, that escalated quickly. Ah, ShockerNet. Thanks mini for derailing yet another thread. I guess your moniker fits.
    Hopefully the mods gave him a mini-pause in posting. I get sick of him or her.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
      What is the point in pretending it is not true? Our athletic apartment cannot afford Gregg Marshall. Where do we stack in athletic revenues and students against MVC?
      It is true, we all know, Koch is paying our coach. It's fact. OUr athletic department can't support it's endeavors without help from Koch to pay for our HC.
      Due diligence is a thing. You should give it a try as opposed to halfass speculation.

Comment

Stating fact gets you on thin ice around here I guess. Quit peacocking.
        Facts in this particular context come from sources like the Equity in Athletics database, among others. Have you ever heard of it?

Comment

• My ignore button is working wonderfully. Some of the rest of you might want to try it for yourselves.
          78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
            Hopefully the mods gave him a mini-pause in posting. I get sick of him or her.
            If ShockerNetters would ignore the mini-troll he will leave. I never read his posts as I am convinced he offers nothing of value regards the Shockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              The only person speaking without facts regarding athletic department resources is @mini-shock. It is about time to get warmed up.
              please explain.

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Because it is wrong. I talked to somebody who was in the "know" and they told me it was the Wichita business community that stepped up to keep Marshall.
              Yes, other people contirbuted, we know. But the fact remains without the help of Koch, WSU couldn't afford Gregg Marshall's current salary. Like I said before, Paul S. and the boobs from the Alabama news source pointed to multiple people, including Koch (Charles). I afford you the quote from the article below.

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Due diligence is a thing. You should give it a try as opposed to halfass speculation.
              Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Facts in this particular context come from sources like the Equity in Athletics database, among others. Have you ever heard of it?
              Earlier this month I was looking for something like this and I am really glad you pointed me to it. And it isn't really helpful to determine where money came from (unless that's I feature I wasn't aware of). For clarity I found that info @ https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search . I just used the multiple sources including our very own Paul S to state facts.

Some of the confusion has come from 2 places: 1. That it wasn't any Koch except Charles, and 2. All of us are speculating on how much Charles added to the funds raised to offer Gregg a deal comparable to Alabama.

Neither of those make the fact that Charles is paying for our head coach false. But it is obviously a vague statement because "how much" isn't included.

Another area of confusion is my statements about the Athletic department not being able to afford him without the help of Koch. Again it wasn't just his contributions.
              Here's a sample from the P.S. article about the situation.... To be fair we made an original offer that wasn't good enough. Whether that means we couldn't do the bigger offer without help....well.

---After an initial offer early in the week, WSU needed to get closer to Alabama’s offer of around $4.2 million (reports of $4.9 were incorrect) for six years. The community responded. Business leaders and big boosters, with Charles Koch playing a lead role, organized, donated and lobbied to raise Marshall’s salary from its current base of $1.85 million.
              “It’s a hard push to do because it was a significant financial stretch,” WSU athletic director Eric Sexton said. “But it was an easy push to do, because it’s the right thing to do.” ---

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                If ShockerNetters would ignore the mini-troll he will leave. I never read his posts as I am convinced he offers nothing of value regards the Shockers.
                For a guy who doesn't read my posts, you sure do your best to respond to every post I make. You also choose to insult me every time. So, you think about me alot without reading what I write. That's fandom.

Comment

For a guy who doesn't read my posts, you sure do your best to respond to every post I make. You also choose to insult me every time. So, you think about me alot without reading what I write. That's fandom.
                  He probably put you on ignore. He has no idea what you're saying. He just sees everyone responding to you.

Comment

• KU couldn't afford Bill Self without Bill Snyder.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      He probably put you on ignore. He has no idea what you're saying. He just sees everyone responding to you.
                      This!

Comment

please explain.

Yes, other people contirbuted, we know. But the fact remains without the help of Koch, WSU couldn't afford Gregg Marshall's current salary. Like I said before, Paul S. and the boobs from the Alabama news source pointed to multiple people, including Koch (Charles). I afford you the quote from the article below.

Earlier this month I was looking for something like this and I am really glad you pointed me to it. And it isn't really helpful to determine where money came from (unless that's I feature I wasn't aware of). For clarity I found that info @ https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search . I just used the multiple sources including our very own Paul S to state facts.

Some of the confusion has come from 2 places: 1. That it wasn't any Koch except Charles, and 2. All of us are speculating on how much Charles added to the funds raised to offer Gregg a deal comparable to Alabama.

Neither of those make the fact that Charles is paying for our head coach false. But it is obviously a vague statement because "how much" isn't included.

Another area of confusion is my statements about the Athletic department not being able to afford him without the help of Koch. Again it wasn't just his contributions.
                        Here's a sample from the P.S. article about the situation.... To be fair we made an original offer that wasn't good enough. Whether that means we couldn't do the bigger offer without help....well.

---After an initial offer early in the week, WSU needed to get closer to Alabama’s offer of around $4.2 million (reports of $4.9 were incorrect) for six years. The community responded. Business leaders and big boosters, with Charles Koch playing a lead role, organized, donated and lobbied to raise Marshall’s salary from its current base of $1.85 million.
                        “It’s a hard push to do because it was a significant financial stretch,” WSU athletic director Eric Sexton said. “But it was an easy push to do, because it’s the right thing to do.” ---

@mini-shock: your own post proves my point, you said, to paraphrase, that Chuck did it all. The Eagle article referenced states
                        The community responded. Business leaders and big boosters, with Charles Koch playing a lead role, organized, donated and lobbied to raise Marshall’s salary from its current base of $1.85 million.
                        No one has said that Chuck did not contribute, only that he was not the only one. No one has said that his contributions are not significant, only that he did not act alone.
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

please explain.

"Playing a lead role" in organizing, donating, and lobbying business leaders and boosters is different from being the only person that writes a gigantic check. You're assuming a lot from that article--not to mention disrespecting more than just a handful of people who have been exceedingly generous in an effort to maintain one of the greatest assets WSU and Wichita have ever had.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• What does it matter WHO put up the $$ that were needed to create a national brand basketball program? The fact is that supporters of the University did that.

Fans of basketball programs give money to support those programs. (This may not be true at several MVC schools.) WSU has a lot of donors who are able to keep their names out of the news. That doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means they value their privacy and are able to maintain it.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Personally, I think Charles Koch gets a really bad rap for no reason. I don't understand why it is always mentioned in some kind of negative light towards him.

If the complaint is simply that it is unfair to have a guy like him in your corner, then fine. That's probably true. But it always seems like there is more underneath, like "not only are we mad that you have him, we are also disgusted with you for being in bed with THAT GUY."

At that point, I just start rolling my eyes. He seems like a decent man to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                                @mini-shock your own post proves my point, you said, to paraphrase, that Chuck did it all. The Eagle article referenced states
                                No one has said that Chuck did not contribute, only that he was not the only one. No one has said that his contributions are not significant, only that he did not act alone.
                                Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                "Playing a lead role" in organizing, donating, and lobbying business leaders and boosters is different from being the only person that writes a gigantic check. You're assuming a lot from that article--not to mention disrespecting more than just a handful of people who have been exceedingly generous in an effort to maintain one of the greatest assets WSU and Wichita have ever had.
                                Du, you really should read my posts. No where did I say that Chuck did it all. My last post clarified that.

And I am not disrespecting anyone. I was just bothered by Royal's original post about it. Didn't realize his beef was about the plural of Koch brothers, and not just Charles. My statement still stands, Koch pays our coach. People wanna get into a whine fest about it but his names on the building and it's in Gregg's Wallet. Fact. My orignal post in this section was to ask why Royal and apparently many others get rude and defensive about Charles paying our coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X