American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
    "Historically, when one team moves from one conference to another, a string of events usually follows. If this begins another mini-conference realignment will be something worth monitoring"

Obviously I am way more interested in what happens to WSU, but there is a part of me that is really getting excited about watching the "mini-conference realignment" he mentioned. I'll be following the MVC, Summit and Horizon (and whoever else turns up) very closely along with my constant following of WSU movements. My hope would be that the MVC takes BIG steps to position itself in the same conversation with the A10 and MWC going forward. It's make-or-break right now, MVC... You are welcome to borrow President Bardo for a few weeks if you need. He will have it taken care of in no time for you.
    The institutional will just isn't there, and for good reason. Most of the MVC schools are in the fight of their lives to simply subsist - diluting revenues or tacking on extra expenditures is about as palatable at those schools' board meetings as hanging a swastika. You can't make an aggressive conference move without the presidents being unified on that front, and the MVC is decades (if ever) away from reversing direction on this.

The schools with the means to do so will continue to abandon ship over the next decade IMO, and the league's corpse in years to come will be a rotten heap consisting of private schools that don't give a damn about athletics (UE, Drake, Loyola) and publics too broke to resist inertia (ISUb, SIU, etc.).

Comment

• Anyone see the AAC banner hanging in the Chuck this morning???!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Anyone see the AAC banner hanging in the Chuck this morning???!!!
        Bullcrap!

Comment

I want to see a video of a guy with a floor sander workin on that MVC logo.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            I want to see a video of a guy with a floor sander workin on that MVC logo.
            I would watch that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              I would watch that.
              I second that motion
              The Assman

Comment

IT'S TODAY IT'S TODAY!!!

I mean, right? Gotta hang a banner up so you can stand in front of it when you do the press conference and photo op.

Comment

As opposed to say, French? I mean, it's like those French have a different word for EVERYTHING.
                  Keeeelassic! One of the all time greats!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    "Historically, when one team moves from one conference to another, a string of events usually follows. If this begins another mini-conference realignment will be something worth monitoring"

Obviously I am way more interested in what happens to WSU, but there is a part of me that is really getting excited about watching the "mini-conference realignment" he mentioned. I'll be following the MVC, Summit and Horizon (and whoever else turns up) very closely along with my constant following of WSU movements. My hope would be that the MVC takes BIG steps to position itself in the same conversation with the A10 and MWC going forward. It's make-or-break right now, MVC... You are welcome to borrow President Bardo for a few weeks if you need. He will have it taken care of in no time for you.
                    I prefer this line: "A member of the Missouri Valley Conference since the 1945-46 season, this would undoubtedly send shock waves throughout the college basketball community."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I would watch that.
                      they could sell tickets, get the pep band in there, get don hall to interrupt the pep band, and run the jumbotron.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Is morning wood a sense of loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                          I prefer this line: "A member of the Missouri Valley Conference since the 1945-46 season, this would undoubtedly send shock waves throughout the college basketball community."
                          That line led me to an odd thought. NDSU and SDSU can probably afford FBS FB and could move to the MAC. That would put the MAC at 14 teams. Then UNI and IlSU might also be targets to get the MAC to 16 teams.

That would leave Paul Lusk, Barry Hinson, Marty Simmons, and Porter Mosre in an annual fight to get the Valley's auto-bid.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Jon Rothstein just said on Jim Rome he heard AAC members are preparing for WSU to join next year.

said it was breaking news that they are officially going.

Comment

• Jon Rothstein just said on Jim Rome he heard AAC members are preparing for WSU to join next year.

Comment

• Wonder if we could talk Navy in to playing one football game a year at Cessna Stadium?

Comment

Working...
                                X