American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    If Katz's info is good on timing (I am skeptical), then the only real brightside would be that we'd keep 50% of the payout on our share of MVC NCAA Unit payouts following the transition since we'd have provided 1+ year notice.
    I'd rather get a couple extra credits next March from a higher seed

Comment

• Sully was just asked on Twitter about the 18/19 timing from Katz. His reply...

"Good question. I'm not sure this timeline is settled. Maybe it's a TV contract issue."

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I'd rather get a couple extra credits next March from a higher seed
        34-0 is a 1 seed in the AAC or the MVC.

Comment

• Could the delay be due to ESPN telling the AAC they wont renegotiate TV rights this year?

Comment

• For those concerned about the timing, a Butler fan on Reddit laid out the timeline for their transitions.

When Butler announced (early May 2012) it's jump to the A10 it was for 2013. The plan was to play one last season in the HL and jump to the A10 (which as we know now would have never actually happened, thanks to the jump to the Big East.) At the time the Ho League didn't have a rule about teams leaving the conference being ineligible to play for league championships. The Horizon League itself tried to talk the presidents of the member schools out of it, but they were pissed and they changed the bylaws to ban us from playing for championships. By late May of 2012 we announced we were joining the A10 in July of 2012.So we announced our move a month later that WSU and in less than a month changed it from leaving a year later to leaving in 6 weeks.
            On March 20, 2013 we announced the move to the Big East. We joined the Big East in July, 2013. You can make the move to the AAC this year. The administration may not want to though. Or the AAC may want to wait if they're looking at other schools to join WSU in making the move.

I guess that's my concern. Someone mentioned re-writing the Screw in the Lou. We might not even get that far if schools get vindictive.

The nice thing, it looks like if there is enough motivation on both sides, the move can be done in a short time frame.
            Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              34-0 is a 1 seed in the AAC or the MVC.
              I'd rather not have to go 34-0. Next year would take the "Super Bowl" concept to a whole new level. Teams wanting to win the last game vs WSU. Plus we'd probably foul out half of our team most games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                Next year would take the "Super Bowl" concept to a whole new level. Teams wanting to win the last game vs WSU. Plus we'd probably foul out half of our team most games.
                I fail to see how those things would have any impact on the outcome of the games.

Comment

• Not sure what our share of Valley TV contract is, but would be giving up much agreeing to take zero TV revenue from AAC for 17-18?
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Pretty sure the Valley TV contract is pretty much a break-even deal for the schools. Without WSU, they'll lose literally the only team anyone is interested in watching.

Comment

Pretty sure the Valley TV contract is pretty much a break-even deal for the schools. Without WSU, they'll lose literally the only team anyone is interested in watching.
                      I assumed it was a six pack of beer, TCBY gift certificates, BOGO Casey's pizza and a 2014 Entertainment Book.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        I will miss the Hill. Might just have to do a commemorative weekend tour of my favorite places in St Louis each year around Arch Madness. Might even take in a game or two for nostalgic reasons.
                        There will probably still be more Shocker fans in attendance for nostalgic reasons than half the Valley schools when we are gone.

Comment

Pretty sure the Valley TV contract is pretty much a break-even deal for the schools. Without WSU, they'll lose literally the only team anyone is interested in watching.
                          No joke, I'd hate to be the Valley at the next negotiation table. They'll be lucky to get an annual supply of Papa John's pizzas for the television rights.

Comment

• Sully on Nick Bahes show at lunch said he talked to some AD's and they said it would not be a problem to move to new conference as long as the decision was made by June. Obviously CU showed it could be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                              There will probably still be more Shocker fans in attendance for nostalgic reasons than half the Valley schools when we are gone.
                              Gonna skip a WSU home game against Memphis to go watch Drake-Loyola in St. Louis? I would guess that appeals to zero people.

Comment

http://www.goshockers.com/documents/...16.pdf?id=2785 This shows conference distributions last year of 82K and the previous year was 63K. Not missing much.

Comment

Working...
                                X