No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State would accept an invite to move to the AAC from the MVC for the 2017-18 season if given that opportunity, sources told ESPN.

Comment

• Tulsa has much, much more in common in profile and demographics with Wichita than it does STL. Tulsa metro is roughly 50% larger than Wichita metro; STL metro is roughly 300% larger than Tulsa metro.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
        That ship has sailed.
        Agreed. This is well beyond the "sealed envelope on desk" stage.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Agreed. This is well beyond the "sealed envelope on desk" stage.
          Let's hope it is in reality too.

This could make the Bares manilla envelope look like a common, everyday bad joke, by comparison.

Comment

• Sounds like an important step was just completed. I'm sure the AAC wanted 100% confidence from WSU that they would accept. Would look pretty bad if they voted only to have us turn them down.

My guess is they took a straw poll to see if they had the support, but before taking an official vote, they wanted WSU to say they were all in

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Tulsa has much, much more in common in profile and demographics with Wichita than it does STL. Tulsa metro is roughly 50% larger than Wichita metro; STL metro is roughly 300% larger than Tulsa metro.
              Agreed, and while it's my home town and I love it, could you imagine anyone getting excited about a four day weekend in Wichita coming from New Orleans, Orlando, Dallas, Hartford, etc...?
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• If this doesn't happen until 18-19, I can make one certain guarantee. Next year we will have to re-write "The Legend of the Screw in the Lou."

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  If this doesn't happen until 18-19, I can make one certain guarantee. Next year we will have to re-write "The Legend of the Screw in the Lou."
                  Agreed, we better have a hell of a non con

Comment

• I will miss the Hill. Might just have to do a commemorative weekend tour of my favorite places in St Louis each year around Arch Madness. Might even take in a game or two for nostalgic reasons.

Comment

• I would think that the AAC would prefer to leave next year's very nice NCAA credits likely to be earned by Wichita State to the Valley. So even though adding the Shocks next year might not be ideal in terms of timing the potential dollars on the line may very well provide the AAC an incentive to move sooner than later.

Comment

• While in the bigger picture 18/19 in the AAC is great news, short term it is sort of deflating to think of another tour thru the Valley.
                        Anyone know Andy Katz's track record for "reporting"? Are his sources usually reliable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                          Sometimes information is deliberately fed to reporters in order to prepare the public and alert the media as a whole for an upcoming announcement. Sometimes this is even done as a courtesy to journalists to give them more time to write, plan, and develop their stories. I have no clue that this is what is actually happening here, but it sure smells like it.

Bummer about next year if the 2018-2019 timing is true, but honestly that's the AAC's loss. We're going to be damn good, and they would benefit greatly from adding us sooner rather than later.
                          Embargoed information is usually only 24 hours, so at this point media behind the scenes might have a hint, but likely not official embargoed information. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

• We would get absolutely zero calls in a lame duck season next year. Ugh, just punt the conference games and play DII opponents. At least they won't hurt our RPI.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Does the MVC really want us chanting "AAC" on national television during Arch Madness? I've already had my personal closure with the MVC, I'm ready to move on.
                              Professional gas passer.

Comment

• If Katz's info is good on timing (I am skeptical), then the only real brightside would be that we'd keep 50% of the payout on our share of MVC NCAA Unit payouts following the transition since we'd have provided 1+ year notice.

Comment

Working...
                                X