American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Conspicuous consumption is a popular thing to do in Omaha, much more so than any other town I am familiar with of similar size in the Midwest and Great Plains. The difference in median household income in Omaha versus Wichita is roughly a yearly cable bill's advantage to the "Big O,"
    You spend $10,000 per year on Cable?

Comment

• Originally posted by HillsideSt View Post
      Looks like we inadvertently ensnared a little birdy.

Anywho...

Wichita - $46,011

Omaha - $48,052

Don't spend that $170/mo windfall at any one place, sweet cheeks. You wouldn't want to generate a large withdrawal alarm from the IRS.

Comment

• Maybe a better way to look at it is that you could afford tickets to about 300 groupon games in the Clink Center with that difference. On the other hand you could only afford about 50-60 games at CKA. I guess that's a win for Omaha, right?

:)

Comment

Yikes, lazy googling led me to use a bad source.,http://www.deptofnumbers.com/income/nebraska/omaha/

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Maybe a better way to look at it is that you could afford tickets to about 300 groupon games in the Clink Center with that difference. On the other hand you could only afford about 50-60 games at CKA. I guess that's a win for Omaha, right?

:)
            That's 50-60 games at CKA at the lowest possible SASO level, in the nosebleeds - last 7 rows. Many people in those lowest possible SASO levels aren't actually paying the minimum. Ask me how I know, on account of both statements.

The entire upper bowl at the CLink is a flat $210 for season tickets - no donation required over and above face value. The upper bowl of the CLink looks to account for at least 2/3rds of the facility's seating capacity.

The market indicates that people go to Creighton basketball games for the same reason they go to a buffet at Golden Corral - quantity over quality, with high consideration given to cost. People go to Wichita State basketball games for the same reason they go to a high-end steakhouse - quality over quantity, without concern of cost. Wichita State damn near has inelastic demand; Creighton's demand is HIGHLY dependent on cost - evidenced by the hilariously cheap season ticket packages (10K-12K of their arena are paying just ~$13/game) and Groupon sales (what were those, $5/game?).

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

So anything good going on in Omaha this winter?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  So anything good going on in Omaha this winter?
                  Nothing is going on here. I spent damn near that much on fireworks, but my cable is only $850/ yr. I don't even watch most of the cable and I stream my ESPN. Maybe I should cancel the cable and buy another gun. Or scope.

I don't know how a posting with a link about Kansas, Oklahoma and Iowa State looking at joining the B1G five years ago, plus insiders thinking the Big 12 has less than a decade left spun out at this rate, but it did.

I might send my kids to Benedictine College in Atchison, that would make me happy.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Anyone care to venture a guess at to how many years this tread (Realignment and Wichita State: Best Possible Outcome) will continue until successfully resolved, with 'Indefinitely' being a very likely answer.

Comment

• Oh, we'll get this sucker well past 1,000 pages during the realignment crisis of 2019.

Comment

Oh, we'll get this sucker well past 1,000 pages during the realignment crisis of 2019.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Oh, we'll get this sucker well past 1,000 pages during the realignment crisis of 2019.
                          But the real question is will BJ gnats still be flying around the WSU pie, an obsession that obviously is more fun to follow than their own rotting BJ stroudel?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not dead yet.

I'd give a summary, but I'm on mobile. Basically, Bardo is now open to realignment and football is 'could be a piece of the puzzle.'

Apologies to anyone who wanted to see this die.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article48764335.html

Comment

• I think everybody is tired of the endless dreaming. This is different.

If realignment does happen, my only concern is that it does not impact the level we compete at in basketball. Everything else is for the birds.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                                Not dead yet.

I'd give a summary, but I'm on mobile. Basically, Bardo is now open to realignment and football is 'could be a piece of the puzzle.'

Apologies to anyone who wanted to see this die.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wichita-state/article48764335.html
                                Now we have some meat. I expect another 110 pages added to this thread in the next week or so. In addition to the continual discussion on which conference is the best match, the football issue is going to be hotly debated. Interesting . . .
                                Last edited by Shocker-maniac; December 9, 2015, 08:14 AM.
                                ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X