Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    What did you do about the issue? This doesn’t sound like a tenable situation.
    I just moved. I didn't confront them or say anything to them. I figured that people who would be discourteous enough to do that in a duplex, where there is a chance that the neighbor would be affected by it, wouldn't react well to being confronted about it. My priority was to get out of there, to get into a house where I wouldn't share a wall with someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post

I just moved. I didn't confront them or say anything to them. I figured that people who would be discourteous enough to do that in a duplex, where there is a chance that the neighbor would be affected by it, wouldn't react well to being confronted about it. My priority was to get out of there, to get into a house where I wouldn't share a wall with someone.
      I sympathize with you and see where that could be a problem. How did having laws against smoking it at all help in this situation?
      Livin the dream

Comment

I sympathize with you and see where that could be a problem. How did having laws against smoking it at all help in this situation?
        The fact that it was illegal means I could have reported them to the police. I chose not to. But I could have if I wanted to. That is a deterrent that keeps the use down. If it was legal, far more people would be exposed to this.

Comment

• The people on here who back legalized marijuana but also don’t give arguments to watch your health are not doing their research. There are so much information that show problems in the states who have legalized the drug because of the EXTREME high levels of THC. Years ago, THC levels were at 4%. Now these legalized states allow 95% THC. THC makes a person sick, makes people addicted to the drug, causes psychosis, etc. especially to the growing brain. The brain shows growth changes until 25 years of age. This hyped up powerful drug could hamstring drug users, and caused huge drop in health.

This article is from the ultra liberal NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/w...-cannabis.html
          Last edited by Shockm; June 29, 2022, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            The people on here who back legalized marijuana but also don’t give arguments to watch your health are not doing their research. There are so much information that show problems in the states who have legalized the drug because of the EXTREME high levels of THC. Years ago, THC levels were at 4%. Now these legalized states allow 95% THC. THC makes a person sick, makes people addicted to the drug, causes psychosis, etc. especially to the growing brain. The brain shows growth changes until 25 years of age. This hyped up powerful drug could hamstring drug users, and caused huge drop in health.

This article is from the ultra liberal NY Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/w...-cannabis.html
            Have we seen any “weed is good for you” arguments?

Also, what specific negative health effects (other than altering mood and appetite) does THC have?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Have we seen any “weed is good for you” arguments?

Also, what specific negative health effects (other than altering mood and appetite) does THC have?
              This is not just weed. It’s candy, etc etc etc.

Lifelong psychiatric disorders and Suicide in youth and adults aren’t enough?

Is there any piece of data that you would say points to serious enough unintended consequences that you would cause enough harm to youth, that you question your view. From your stance, I suppose you would also support legalizing Fentanyl from which anyone that breathes it in can die. You’re Way out there. I think that in states where drugs have been legalized, we are finding out new data, almost daily, and the data points to danger. These states are like a runaway train.
              Last edited by Shockm; June 29, 2022, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Is there any piece of data that you would say points to serious enough unintended consequences that you would cause enough harm to youth, that you question your view. From your stance, I suppose you would also support legalizing Fentanyl from which anyone that breathes it in can die. You’re Way out there. I think that in states where drugs have been legalized, we are finding out new data, almost daily, and the data points to danger. These states are like a runaway train.
                Can you share any research on THC? That’s what you claimed was the problem…95% THC levels. If you could just link that peer reviewed article, I’d appreciate it.
                Livin the dream

Comment

I just want to point out this strong argument…I’m not aware of any severe health effects from THC, therefore, I believe fentanyl should be in candy. BTW, I have worked with several grams of Fentanyl dozens of times in my lab, and some of my teams still work with it routinely in open air. Certainly we have safety measures associated with handling it, but you don’t “breathe Fentanyl.” It’s not a gas.

Just out of curiosity, have you been screening Reefer Madness at your home?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I just want to point out this strong argument…I’m not aware of any severe health effects from THC, therefore, I believe fentanyl should be in candy. BTW, I have worked with several grams of Fentanyl dozens of times in my lab, and some of my teams still work with it routinely in open air. Certainly we have safety measures associated with handling it, but you don’t “breathe Fentanyl.” It’s not a gas.

Just out of curiosity, have you been screening Reefer Madness at your home?
                    That was next level scare propaganda. Forgot about that movie.

Comment

Can you share any research on THC? That’s what you claimed was the problem…95% THC levels. If you could just link that peer reviewed article, I’d appreciate it.
                      So you made me curious and I just discovered this study which is personally interesting, due to some relatives having some pretty extraordinary hardships around this topic.

To me it says that younger people smoking dope appear to end up with smaller hippocampi, which "exacerbates age-related cognitive decline".

I'm thinking we are just at the start of seeing real research into the long term effects of consistent marijuana usage.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I am not a highly trained researcher, don't have access to peer magazines, and I have seen very few peer reviewed articles done on this (from my google searches). I only saw one medical research article in 2018, and a government report in 2020. One article I saw was from 2009 (not really new). During the majority of my professional life, we had access to researchers who we could call and answer our questions, pointing us to articles we could use. Nothing was on computers.

I doubt that the marijuana companies want peer research done on their products when they are making lots of money by addicting kids and adults. I'm out of the game, and my own scant experience with these products was from 40 years ago. I've just never been interested in spending my money on drugs and alcohol. and you showed your age when you mentioned "Cheech and Chong" as an example of the problem.

Recently, I've seen interviews of Laura Stack and the problems she had with her dead son, and how she closed her mind, saying that marijuana isn't a problem with her son, even though she could see it was. After he committed suicide, she started to open her mind and research what was happening in states like Colorado, and saw a growing evidence of the problem ( most of it anecdotal). I I did a quick google search and saw quite a few articles (some anecdotal, and some research) that showed that there was evidence to her concerns.

Therefore, I question the wisdom of this country moving quickly to legalizing a drug that we know so little about, and that since 1995 (even more so in the past 5-10 years) has changed so much by Big Business Drug Companies who are making a lot of money. We should be ASKING QUESTIONS, not just saying "NO PROBLEM HERE", LOOK THE OTHER WAY."

Comment

Adolescent cannabis use and later development of schizophrenia: An updated systematic review of longitudinal studies - Godin - 2022 - Journal of Clinical Psychology - Wiley Online Library

Comment

• So we're against legalizing it because those who can't legally obtain it and it isn't meant for can have bad reactions to its continued use?

That's not how things should be decided.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Thank you for posting the cannabis research. I am specifically interested in the effects of increasing the amount of THC and the health effects associated with that chemical. I haven’t been able to find any, but have been assured that it is the cause of I’ll effects.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• The pizza and Doritos PAC is going to make sure it gets legalized.

Comment

Working...
                                X