Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Suicide DOES matter! No idea why it’s criminalized. It’s not like the successful or the unsuccessful are prosecuted.
    Is it criminalized more for a litigious side of things? I had someone use a vehicle I was driving to commit suicide. Obviously I'm not gonna sue, but I believe it is an option for people. And that will **** with me for a long time. You don't "unforget" that kind of thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post

Is it criminalized more for a litigious side of things? I had someone use a vehicle I was driving to commit suicide. Obviously I'm not gonna sue, but I believe it is an option for people. And that will **** with me for a long time. You don't "unforget" that kind of thing.
      No shame in seeking out a therapist. I was EMT on scene when a good friend of mine committed suicide with a gun. I’ve also seen some pretty haunting things. Even though I know everything they are going to say, it’s still a good process to go through.

Signs to need to talk to a therapist: decreased interest in things you are usually interested in, replaying things in your head, generally thinking about it every day, dreaming about similar things or the event in question.

There is no shame in talking.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; July 5, 2022, 12:32 PM.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

No shame in seeking out a therapist. I was EMT on scene when a good friend of mine committed suicide with a gun. I’ve also seen some pretty haunting things. Even though I know everything they are going to say, it’s still a good process to go through.

Signs to need to talk to a therapist: decreased interest in things you are usually interested in, replaying things in your head, generally thinking about it every day, dreaming about similar things or the event in question.

There is no shame in talking.
        It's been a year and a half and I only think about it really when I go through that area. Unfortunately it is part of my job. I'm not the only one at work that has dealt with it. I did talk with people after it happened.

Comment

• I haven’t done any research on the comparison, but I just heard some WSJ reporters say that marijuana (that many Dems support legalizing) is more dangerous than the Juul products which contain nicotine that many Democrats hammer and attack. Many Juul users (who originally were being used to get off of nicotine)are turning to marijuana instead, which according to these reporters is more dangerous. Marijuana users and abusers are increasing.

Not earth shattering but interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I haven’t done any research on the comparison, but I just heard some WSJ reporters say that marijuana (that many Dems support legalizing) is more dangerous than the Juul products which contain nicotine that many Democrats hammer and attack. Many Juul users (who originally were being used to get off of nicotine)are turning to marijuana instead, which according to these reporters is more dangerous. Marijuana users and abusers are increasing.

Not earth shattering but interesting.
            Shockm, what’s your goal with marijuana and why?
            Livin the dream

Comment

Shockm, what’s your goal with marijuana and why?
              What's yours? I really don't have a goal for marijuana. I just don't think legalization will end up as good as others (you I think) think it will, especially for kids who will easily get it. I'm more protective of others, instead of full bore ahead, everything's fine here.

Comment

What's yours? I really don't have a goal for marijuana. I just don't think legalization will end up as good as others (you I think) think it will, especially for kids who will easily get it. I'm more protective of others, instead of full bore ahead, everything's fine here.
                So you believe that if something is illegal for children, then that thing should also be banned from society as a whole. Is that correct?

Me, I just believe liberty. Don’t even smoke weed.
                Livin the dream

Comment

So you believe that if something is illegal for children, then that thing should also be banned from society as a whole. Is that correct?

Me, I just believe liberty. Don’t even smoke weed.
                  I said that legalization should be taken slowly because we know enough for concern of unintended consequences. It appears that kids brains are changed by these products and additionally, they are easily accessing these products and adults freedoms should not take precedence over their safety.

Comment

I said that legalization should be taken slowly because we know enough for concern of unintended consequences. It appears that kids brains are changed by these products and additionally, they are easily accessing these products and adults freedoms should not take precedence over their safety.
                    At what rate should legalization occur? It started about 25 years ago. What measures do you propose to make distribution to minors more illegal? It’s 2 years in prison if you gift it and 10 years if you sell it…both for first offenses. It goes up significantly after that.
                    Last edited by wufan; July 10, 2022, 09:53 PM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• I'm somewhat pro-legalization. That said, about a year and a half ago I was in Denver with some friends. We went up to Boulder for lunch. While in Boulder, for sh!ts and giggles we stopped into a dispensary. We went from the dispensary to next door where there was the obligatory glass shop. A mother was buying a glass bong for her daughter on her 16th birthday. She then went and bought her kid some weed. Nobody said anything.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        I'm somewhat pro-legalization. That said, about a year and a half ago I was in Denver with some friends. We went up to Boulder for lunch. While in Boulder, for sh!ts and giggles we stopped into a dispensary. We went from the dispensary to next door where there was the obligatory glass shop. A mother was buying a glass bong for her daughter on her 16th birthday. She then went and bought her kid some weed. Nobody said anything.
                        That’s a problem with enforcement, not legislation. She should go to jail.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

That’s a problem with enforcement, not legislation. She should go to jail.
                          Still a consequence.

Comment

Still a consequence.
                            Correct. So how many years have to go by before it is legalized since the 25 year slow roll isn’t slow enough? How much more illegal do we need to make it for minors, or are you okay with legalization as long as laws against minors are enforced?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• The guys I were with were dumbfounded by this lady's action. She bought her daughter a Rick and Morty bong. We all just stood there watching as this 16 year-old picked out the bong, the mom paid for it, then went next door to buy some lettuce. Dide at the counter didn't even question the sale.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                The guys I were with were dumbfounded by this lady's action. She bought her daughter a Rick and Morty bong. We all just stood there watching as this 16 year-old picked out the bong, the mom paid for it, then went next door to buy some lettuce. Dide at the counter didn't even question the sale.
                                Dude at the counter didn't do his job. Too bad that it likely happens regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X