Legalize marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KTurner
    Okay guys, what about the good side of all this? Doesn't marijuana relieve the symptoms of dozens of diseases?
    So does cocaine and alcohol. 1 is legal one is not.
    So I don't understand your point.

Comment

• I heard Laura Stack on an interview the other day speaking out about the dangers of legalized marijuana. Her son developed mental illnesses, psychosis, paranoia, and depression from high marijuana use. She mentioned that she and her husband at first, just thought it was a harmless phase from a teen, that would blow over, but it developed into a full blown addiction, and ultimately, suicide.

Thus, she wrote articles, books, and developed a foundation to educate parents about the abuses of marijuana in an age when it is being legalized in many parts of the country, and Big Business has developed the drug into a more dangerous drug. One of the things I didn't realize is that Big Business has made not only candy, but suppositories, and even tampons which have the drug infused into them so that it is easier than ever to ingest the drug without literally any effort at all. Big legalized Marijuana companies know how to addict our kids, and even though the government supposedly places safeguards around kids, the kids in Colorado and other states, know how to get it.

Parents need to educate themselves by reading her "stuff".

https://johnnysambassadors.org/johnny-stacks-story/

https://cannabisnewstube.com/story-of-johnny-and-impact-of-marijuana-with-laura-stack/

Comment

• One, I sincerely doubt all of that is because of marijuana use.

Two, there are different strains for different effects.

Three, if he was a teen, he wasn't legally allowed to use the product so was most likely buying it off of the street.

Four, anything that is abused is dangerous.

Five, there are plenty of studies that have shown the positive effects it can have on mental health and pain management.

Six, did they try and get him help when they saw all of these bad things happening? Sounds like they pretty much ignored it until it was too late. They blame marijuana, and it could have played a role, but I'm sure there was more going on.

Seven, there are thousands of stories about how it's helped mental illness and depression/anxiety. Again, certain strains have different effects.

I'll stop here. Yes, it's sad that he took his own life. The parents want to blame it all on marijuana which is their prerogative. Marijuana will effect different people in different ways, much like caffeine, alcohol and a hundred other products, legal or otherwise. Nobody has ever said it is 100% harmless and you shouldn't worry about anything. As with most things, you should be educated and make educated decisions. It generally does have less negative effects than a lot of other legal products.

This story doesn't negate the stories of thousands of others who use marijuana and marijuana based products responsibly and have benefited from it, or simply enjoy it. I'd have concern for any kid that is overusing marijuana, alcohol, caffeine, aspirin, Tylenol, stimulants, or anything else, including prescribed drugs. Hell, doesn't even have to be a kid.

I know of kids who have been helped by marijuana based products/medication to help them live better lives by reducing or eliminating seizures. It's helped many with their PTSD. Others with chronic pain. Some with insomnia.

But to this story, keep an eye on your kids. Be involved. If you choose to allow them to do something like this, make sure they're under control. Any parent who sees their child developing the symptoms they claim to have seen in him should seek professional help, regardless of what they may or may not be using. Glossing over mental health issues and not taking them seriously is a major problem in this country.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• There are two sides to this issue, and good effects from marijuana usage, but there is much more evidence and research into marijuana than just a mother blaming her son's death on something to make her feel better. Also, supposedly, this young man had false ID's that he used to purchase it.

Parents beware.

In a nutshell, marijuana harms adolescents in these ways:
          • Marijuana dependence12
          • Decreased IQ13
          • Increased risk of addiction with higher potency14
          • Increased odds of using other drugs15
          • Death from throwing up16
          • More likely to drop out of school17
          • Possible psychosis and schizophrenia18
          • Decreased fertility rates19
          • Lowered motivation to do things20
          • Possible paranoia and thoughts that others intend to harm you21
          • Health damages22
          • Poor driving skills23

Go to:My Johnny’s Suicide Was Caused by Dabbing

Three days before Johnny killed himself, he came over for dinner. He lived in our condo a couple miles down the street and would often pop in for a homecooked meal. “I need to tell you that you were right,” he said to me. “Right about what?” I asked. “Right about the marijuana. You told me weed would hurt my brain, and it’s ruined my mind and my life. You were right all along. I’m sorry, and I love you.” He died by suicide three days later, a victim of an acute psychotic episode. After he died, we recovered his journal, where he had just written, “the mob is after me.”

So doctor, if you think today’s high-potency marijuana is benign, I hope this article gives you some new information. Please become one of Johnny’s Ambassadors and help us save our youth from the harms of marijuana. And do what you can to keep high THC concentration chemicals from becoming legal for potentially deadly ‘recreational’ use. Don’t let Missouri go to pot!

Comment

• Legalized marijuana or something akin to it is probably inevitable as we gravitate to the Brave New World. Maybe they will even call it soma. Not only will use be legal it will be "encouraged"..

Comment

• What if I conceded marijuana was a dangerous gateway drug that made you dumb and lazy with a risk of addiction in addition to causing thoughts of paranoia and eventual suicide….but it should be legal anyways because if I want to suffer through all of that it’s none of your business.

So many people are all for small government until it comes to legislating other peoples choices.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                What if I conceded marijuana was a dangerous gateway drug that made you dumb and lazy with a risk of addiction in addition to causing thoughts of paranoia and eventual suicide….but it should be legal anyways because if I want to suffer through all of that it’s none of your business.

So many people are all for small government until it comes to legislating other peoples choices.
                I’m okay with legalization in your home or a licensed, establishment that caters to those over 19.
                Livin the dream

Comment

What if I conceded marijuana was a dangerous gateway drug that made you dumb and lazy with a risk of addiction in addition to causing thoughts of paranoia and eventual suicide….but it should be legal anyways because if I want to suffer through all of that it’s none of your business.

I certainly don't care about your choices. What I posted had nothing to do with whether we should legalize any or all drugs, or not. You probably are right, that most on here don't care if it's legalized. I know that some on here already allow their underage kids to drink and drug even though it's illegal. This was about many adults believeing that marijuana isn't dangerous, and are wrong.

Whatever, Parents beware.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I certainly don't care about your choices. What I posted had nothing to do with whether we should legalize any or all drugs, or not. You probably are right, that most on here don't care if it's legalized. I know that some on here already allow their underage kids to drink and drug even though it's illegal. This was about many adults believeing that marijuana isn't dangerous, and are wrong.

Whatever, Parents beware.
                    Ironically, had it always been legal I’m sure the general population would be better educated on the dangers. As it stands now we’re probably still a few decades away from having real data.

Comment

Ironically, had it always been legal I’m sure the general population would be better educated on the dangers. As it stands now we’re probably still a few decades away from having real data.
                      That's what governmental racism and government interference get you.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Do studies take 30 years? Colorado has a lot of information on the consequences, both intended and unintended, of new age, high octane strength marijuana on the growing teen brain.

Comment

Do studies take 30 years? Colorado has a lot of information on the consequences, both intended and unintended, of new age, high octane strength marijuana on the growing teen brain.
                          There are those with agency and those without. Those with agency (adults) should be allowed to do as they wish as long as it doesn’t inconvenience others. Those without (minors) should be protected through laws and regulations.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

The dangers are well known. Anybody thinking anything good will come from legalizing Marijuana is an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The dangers are well known. Anybody thinking anything good will come from legalizing Marijuana is an idiot.
                              Don’t even know where to begin
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Don’t even know where to begin
                                First, calm your emotions with a little doob, then begin with Amsterdam.
                                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X