Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    Maybe nobody should write a book. Moreover, maybe nobody should have written a book, ever. These meetings happen on both sides, it's just when whining liberals lose, they are upset that conservatives are opposing them. They need to grow up.
    Too late, I'm already writing one ... it's fiction, but I start it like this ...

Once upon a time there was a secretive, closed door meeting held by a powerful group of anti-capitalists. In attendance was a reclusive, super wealthy man that was not raised as a child in America, yet somehow managed to gain control of an entire political party. This shadowy figure had been the key source of funding for the powerful anti-capitalists in attendance, and had had been setting the primary agenda for the most powerful man in the free world, the President of the United States of America -- who also was not raised as a child in America.

Nah, that's too improbable, nobody would believe a setup like that. I'll scrap it.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Too late, I'm already writing one ... it's fiction, but I start it like this ...

Once upon a time there was a secretive, closed door meeting held by a powerful group of anti-capitalists. In attendance was a reclusive, super wealthy man that was not raised as a child in America, yet somehow managed to gain control of an entire political party. This shadowy figure had been the key source of funding for the powerful anti-capitalists in attendance, and had had been setting the primary agenda for the most powerful man in the free world, the President of the United States of America -- who also was not raised as a child in America.

Nah, that's too improbable, nobody would believe a setup like that. I'll scrap it.
      Clearly you are a racist

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        Clearly you are a racist
        True, I hate everybody.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Maybe nobody should write a book. Moreover, maybe nobody should have written a book, ever. These meetings happen on both sides, it's just when whining liberals lose, they are upset that conservatives are opposing them. They need to grow up.
          The meetings by both parties are similar, but the outcomes are completely different. While the Democrats (Liberals) won't be able to do anything during the Trump administration because they don't control either the House or the Senate, the Republicans were able to do something because they controlled the House and were able to filibuster in the Senate to keep anything the President wanted to do from actually being done.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            The meetings by both parties are similar, but the outcomes are completely different. While the Democrats (Liberals) won't be able to do anything during the Trump administration because they don't control either the House or the Senate, the Republicans were able to do something because they controlled the House and were able to filibuster in the Senate to keep anything the President wanted to do from actually being done.
            So?

The democrats did the same exact thing to Bush, they completely shut him dowm, but we don't hear repubs crying.

It's called politics. We just need to get the democrats a few cheese wheels to go along with their whine.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

You are incorrect. The Dems used the nuclear option to pass O'bama Care with a simple majority. To break a filibuster, cloture requires a super majority (60-40 votes) The Republicans will have a 52-48 majority in the 115th Congress. During the 111th Congress from 2009-2011, the Dems had 51 or 52 votes (I don't remember for sure but they had one or two Independents who caucused with the Dems). Thus they passed Obama care with a simple majority by changing the Senate rules for that vote. The a Dems lost the majority in the House during the 112th Congress and later lost the House too.

Comment

• Take some time to read this... excellent IMO.

Newt Gingrich: Trumpism explained

"Then you look at the rest of Trump's Cabinet, and what you see is somebody who is quite prepared to follow his own instincts. For those of you who want to understand Trump, I strongly recommend two books by Trump. The Art of the Deal, which was very educational, and was written while he was on the way up as a young man in the 1980s. It was a New York Times Best Seller for a year, and then The Art of the Comeback, which was written in the 1990's after he had almost gone broke, and had to rebuild. Those two books give you a sense of the person who is now going to be President of the United States."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Conservatives are members of the military, big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, airline pilots, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other Conservatives who want to work for a living.
                    Liberals produce little or nothing. They like to govern the producers and decide what to do with the production. Liberals believe Europeans are more enlightened than Americans. That is why most of the liberals remained in Europe when Conservatives were coming to America . They crept in after the Wild West was tamed and created a business of trying to get more for nothing.

Comment

• I've never understood the sentiment of blindly wishing success for a newly elected president.

I didn't want Obama to succeed because I didn't think his policies would be good for the country.

I want the country to succeed. And if that means failure for our president, so be it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        I've never understood the sentiment of blindly wishing success for a newly elected president.

I didn't want Obama to succeed because I didn't think his policies would be good for the country.

I want the country to succeed. And if that means failure for our president, so be it.
                        Agree completely.

Many problems are long term, so success on those issues can't be measured in the first year. If you think your team is going to be better long term, you reasonably hope the current president fails and gets replaced.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Conservatives are members of the military, big game hunters, rodeo cowboys, lumberjacks, construction workers, firemen, medical doctors, police officers, engineers, corporate executives, athletes, airline pilots, and generally anyone who works productively. Conservatives who own companies hire other Conservatives who want to work for a living.
                          Are you actually trying to say that conservatives make up a majority of those occupations? If so, for the sake of argument, that might have been true 20 years ago. Have you seen which party corporate execs (check their campaign contributions and company policies) and athletes (largely minorities) appear to support? I would even guess that most construction workers (lots of immigrants and minorities), doctors (spent 7-8 years in academia) and engineers (maybe even airline pilots) are largely left-leaning.

If that's not what you're saying, then ignore the above.

Comment

I want Trump to succeed. I think most people want our President, whoever it is, to succeed. That's how it is most of the time, except when some of the top leaders in the Republican party had their secret meeting on the day of Barack Obama's first inauguration, to plan how they could keep him from succeeding. Their plan, as we found out later, was to vote "no" on everything he was for.
                            Lots of recent reports on the democrat strategy to stonewall Trump. The nerve!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                Lots of recent reports on the democrat strategy to stonewall Trump. The nerve!
                                Democrats are a Principled Party demonstrated by their vow to fight Trump for their Sanctuary Cities. One has to respect those kinds of basic Principles.

Comment

Working...
                                X