No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems to me that everyone (this conversation and others I talk to) is discussing the past most of the time.

The more important question is what is he doing now?

I was not originally a Trump supporter but he is now the President and I hope he succeeds. He seems to be doing a lot of good things that could get our economy moving. Almost, all I hear from a majority of the press is negative and he really hasn't started yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      It seems to me that everyone (this conversation and others I talk to) is discussing the past most of the time.

The more important question is what is he doing now?

I was not originally a Trump supporter but he is now the President and I hope he succeeds. He seems to be doing a lot of good things that could get our economy moving. Almost, all I hear from a majority of the press is negative and he really hasn't started yet.
      I want Trump to succeed. I think most people want our President, whoever it is, to succeed. That's how it is most of the time, except when some of the top leaders in the Republican party had their secret meeting on the day of Barack Obama's first inauguration, to plan how they could keep him from succeeding. Their plan, as we found out later, was to vote "no" on everything he was for.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        I want Trump to succeed. I think most people want our President, whoever it is, to succeed. That's how it is most of the time, except when some of the top leaders in the Republican party had their secret meeting on the day of Barack Obama's first inauguration, to plan how they could keep him from succeeding. Their plan, as we found out later, was to vote "no" on everything he was for.
        That went both ways. For several presidents. And it is also disingenuous to say that nothing that Obama supported, passed. Many mundane bills, did in fact pass with bipartisan support. Key pieces to his platform did not.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• The narrative that Republicans opposed everything just doesn't hold water.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The Democrats had both houses and the Presidency for 2 years. It wasn't going to matter whether the Republicans voted for or against the bills.

Now looking back at what Obama and the Democrats actually did, I wish the Republicans could have been more successful turning public opinion against the President's agenda.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
              That went both ways. For several presidents. And it is also disingenuous to say that nothing that Obama supported, passed. Many mundane bills, did in fact pass with bipartisan support. Key pieces to his platform did not.
              I don't recall any secret meeting the Democrats had during a Republican president's inauguration. Maybe it was before the Internet, so we don't know anything about it.

Comment

If it was a secret meeting, how do you know about it? Lol. There is no record of such meeting. The first record of anything resembling what you are talking about is Mitch McConnell's statement in 2010 that his goal was to make O'bama a One term President. About that same time, the Dems lost their congressional majority in a turn back election.

I do remember that Obama with a majority in both houses passing Obama care without a Republican vote. Remember the legislation with Pelosi saying to legislators that they'd have to pass it before they'd know what was in the bill, and giving Ben Nelson and Nebraska payoffs for him (a Dem) to vote for it. Other Legislators also made deals for it to pass. The legislation was even disliked by Democrats and led to the next election disaster for the Dems.

Also, it was reported that the Repiblicans were willing to push some of their ideas on health care and Obama rebuffed their ideas by refusing to meet with any of them. He pushed through his legislation and the Dem. majorities were in a downward slide thereafter, never to recover. You are trying to re-write history.

Comment

• http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1452899.html
                  Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  If it was a secret meeting, how do you know about it? Lol. There is no record of such meeting. The first record of anything resembling what you are talking about is Mitch McConnell's statement in 2010 that his goal was to make O'bama a One term President. About that same time, the Dems lost their congressional majority in a turn back election..
                  It was a secret at the time.

A quick Google search will show you all you need to know.

There was even a book rewritten about it.

Comment

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1452899.html

Wait, the Democrat decision makers hold their strategy meetings in public?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So..... Like around 15 dudes, a small contingency of the R's, a very small contingency, held a strategy session???

Really?

Really?

Seriously?

And you are sure that at least 15 or so D's haven't already held those same type of meetings to stop Trump?

Really?

Really?

Seriously?

And the guy that wrote the book is a liberal author for GQ and the Times.... That's your guy?

Really?

The opinion of the Young Turks would be just as credible, vetted and balanced.

Then again, maybe the Democrats don't ever hold strategy sessions.

Comment

My gosh, maybe we should get someone to write a book about THIS secret Democrat strategy meeting, held just weeks ago, that included Soros himself?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          My gosh, maybe we should get someone to write a book about THIS secret Democrat strategy meeting, held just weeks ago, that included Soros himself?
                          Maybe nobody should write a book. Moreover, maybe nobody should have written a book, ever. These meetings happen on both sides, it's just when whining liberals lose, they are upset that conservatives are opposing them. They need to grow up.

Comment

• Ford cancels $1.6 billion Mexico plant.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Now, if we could just get someone to cancel this $1.6 billion Mexican plant as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by ShockingButTrue; January 3, 2017, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X