X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump

Trump: I’m gonna do this thing.
    Reporter: What thing?
    Trump: This thing! I’m gonna do it well. So well.
    Reporter: How?
    Trump: I’ll find smart people to help me. I love smart people. Smart people love me.
    Reporter: Which people specifically?
    Trump: I know smart. I just have a sense for it. I’ll find them. I’ll find them in bunches. It will be the largest group of smart people ever.
    Trump: Also, I will make America great again. I will make America greater than ever. Truly, the greatest.
    Reporter: Do you think we need “big government” policies to make America great again?
    Trump: We need smart policies. Right now we have dumb policies. We have dumb leaders. Really dumb. We need smart. I’m smart. I’ll do better than these dummies.
    Reporter: *Sigh*

The above is hardly even a parody. If you would consider voting for Trump, you scare me.

I heard somewhere the other day a sound bite from him that actually had a real concept, though it was in the past. He said something about all the trillions we have spent on wars over the past 15 years, and something to the effect of what if some of those trillions had been spent on infrastructure rebuilding here at home. I did not catch where or when the clip was from, however.

I wish the field would narrow now so we could see a better push into policy ideas. I know the "Obama sucks" mantra plays well for marketing, but it gets tiresome and often overshadows policy ideas.

I heard an interesting piece on Morning Edition on the way into work today about how you frame arguments with opponents (or at least those not in your "camp") can be critically important to being more persuasive. Link: http://www.npr.org/2015/12/17/460082...uade-opponents
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

"Polls may actually underestimate Trump's support, study finds"

Donald Trump leads the GOP presidential field in polls of Republican voters nationally and in most early-voting states, but some surveys may actually be understating his support, a new study suggests.

I thought this was interesting: "Some significant number of Trump supporters, particularly those with college educations, are "less likely to say that they support him when they’re talking to a live human” than when they are in the “anonymous environment” of an online survey, said the firm's polling director, Kyle Dropp."
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

So is Kyle Dropp trying to 'Dropp a hint'?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
          I heard somewhere the other day a sound bite from him that actually had a real concept, though it was in the past. He said something about all the trillions we have spent on wars over the past 15 years, and something to the effect of what if some of those trillions had been spent on infrastructure rebuilding here at home. I did not catch where or when the clip was from, however.
          Bernie Sanders and him can agree on something!
          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            It was in the last debate.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              It was in the last debate.
              Thanks! On the news piece, I didn't catch whether it was from the last debate or from earlier this summer.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

If you consider yourself in the middle or leaning right, you have only three choices:

1) Explicitly vote for Hillary to win
                2) Explicitly vote to stop Hillary from winning
                3) Implicitly vote for Hillary to win

If you claim to be in the middle or right-leaning and choose option 1 or 3, and thus would explicitly or implicitly vote for a self-avowed leftist out of spite, you scare me.

Comment

It's to early to call call the Democratic nomination for Clinton. Obama was down to her also before the primaries.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    It's to early to call call the Democratic nomination for Clinton. Obama was down to her also before the primaries.
                    Id like to agree with you. but TBH based on Media alone (which does have alot of pull) its Hillary's baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      If you consider yourself in the middle or leaning right, you have only three choices:

If you claim to be in the middle or right-leaning and choose option 1 or 3, and thus would explicitly or implicitly vote for a self-avowed leftist out of spite, you scare me.
                      I dont care where you are or where you lean, voting for Hilary is scary. Id rather right in Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Let me know if I'm misinterpreting your post.

If one considers himself in the middle or leaning right, you have only three choices:

1) Vote for Hillary
                        2) Vote for anyone but Hillary
                        3) Not vote

Before I dig myself a deeper hole, clarify.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                          I dont care where you are or where you lean, voting for Hilary is scary. Id rather right in Mickey Mouse
                          Not disagreeing, but that may very well be your other choice (or worse).

Comment

Right now it appears that Mickey Mouse is leading the Rep. Party voter polls

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Let me know if I'm misinterpreting your post.
                              Close.

1) Vote for Hillary
                              2) Vote for the only other person that has a chance to beat Hillary
                              3) Vote for a third candidate that has no chance, or don't vote

Comment

Working...
                              X