Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    how in the **** is that racist?
    I'm saying it's not. Just like you're not an anti-semite for not supporting Israel.

Believe whatever you want about Israel and what policies make sense, morally or practically or whatever. But if you want the United States to not support Israel that is a policy that has nothing to do with President Obama discriminating against Jewish people. Something like 6.5 million Jewish people live in Israel. A reasonable person could, for reasons other than anti-semitism, oppose the United States support of Israel. Just like a person could support, for reasons other than racism, building a wall.

Obviously, someone that is racist would also support building a wall. A person that is anti-semitic would also probably dislike our country's approach to Israel for the last 60-70 years.

How does the recent situation make him an anti-semite?

Comment

• @jdshock: is correct.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I suppose building a wall could be racist if certain folks were let in and others were not, depending on their race. This was not a failure to support Israel, this was a betrayal of the Jewish faith. Positioning with Palestine is supporting the eradication of all Jews everywhere.

Comment

• Let's stay on topic. Okay?

Is Nixon really dead?
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I suppose building a wall could be racist if certain folks were let in and others were not, depending on their race. This was not a failure to support Israel, this was a betrayal of the Jewish faith. Positioning with Palestine is supporting the eradication of all Jews everywhere.
            I disagree with the POTUS on many things, including this, but that doesn't make him racist.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

• I agree with @jdshock: that just because a person opposes Israeli foreign policy or US foreign policy that is beneficial to Israel, it doesn't necessarily make them anti-semitic. However, I think a very strong argument can be made that the UN, Kerry & the Obama administration with their resolution and proposals are aiding forces who without question are very anti-Jewish (can't really call them anti-semitic when too are technically Semitic people) such as PLO, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and Hamas. The recent UN resolution is demanding stop building settlements on their own land without a veto from the US, coupled with the U.S. sending $400 million to Iran is a continued pattern of an anti-Israel policy. They may not be outright anti-semitic but they certainly are no friends to Jews within Israel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I agree with @jdshock that just because a person opposes Israeli foreign policy or US foreign policy that is beneficial to Israel, it doesn't necessarily make them anti-semitic. However, I think a very strong argument can be made that the UN, Kerry & the Obama administration with their resolution and proposals are aiding forces who without question are very anti-Jewish (can't really call them anti-semitic when too are technically Semitic people) such as PLO, Fatah, Islamic Jihad and Hamas. The recent UN resolution is demanding stop building settlements on their own land without a veto from the US, coupled with the U.S. sending $400 million to Iran is a continued pattern of an anti-Israel policy. They may not be outright anti-semitic but they certainly are no friends to Jews within Israel.
                  I try to stay out of Israel debates, for the most part. It gets incredibly heated both directions, and there is so much conflicting information out there that it's hard for me to take a stance that isn't based on more subjective or emotional beliefs.

There are a lot of people more informed, more powerful, and more smarter than I am that disagree with each other on this topic.

Comment

• It's a definitely a tough subject for sure. Debate has gone for about 70 years and doesn't look like it will end any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      It's a definitely a tough subject for sure. Debate has gone for about 70 years and doesn't look like it will end any time soon.
                      I blame it on Bush.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Kerry stated "The fundamental reality was that Israel can be either Jewish or it can be democratic, but it cannot be both."

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          I blame it on Bush.
                          lol that's Barry's SOP.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            Kerry stated "The fundamental reality was that Israel can be either Jewish or it can be democratic, but it cannot be both."
                            I saw that too. That maggot stinks like Jane Fonda.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Kerry stated "The fundamental reality was that Israel can be either Jewish or it can be democratic, but it cannot be both."
                              It's only worked for 60 some years.

The hypocrisy dealing with Israel as opposed to the Muslim world is stunning.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• There are about 2 million Muslims currently living in Israel, with full civil rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X