Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Right now it appears that Mickey Mouse is leading the Rep. Party voter polls
    I have a higher respect for Mickey. You should not tarnish him that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Close.

1) Vote for Hillary
      2) Vote for the only other person that has a chance to beat Hillary
      3) Vote for a third candidate that has no chance, or don't vote
      Well, I did think that this was what you meant, but hoped you didn't.

If that person for #2 is Trump, then that's exactly what I think of him, as a #2 if you catch my drift. I can't believe we cannot put up someone better than this. The size of his backing is very disheartening for the future of America, particularly when we already have the size of Hillary's backing. I'm still hoping he'll continue to shoot himself in the foot until his supporters wake up.

I wasn't for McCain getting the nomination the last time and I thought it became a lost cause when he chose Palin (what a waste of an opportunity to put someone on the ticket with a future), but I voted for them. Sorry, I think Trump is a walking/talking time bomb that I have zero trust in. As much as I want Hillary to lose, I feel there still may be pieces left in 4 years to pick up from. Trump, on the other hand, could be the future doom of any legit 2 party system, if not America itself. Without using the liberal slant, tell me why he's good for us in any way.

Comment

The damage done to the conservative brand will not be quickly repaired if Trump is nominated IMO. He is a walking caricature of many negative stereotypes associated with the Republican party.

Ronald Reagan received 60% of the white vote in 1980 and that was enough for a landslide victory. Mitt Romney also received 60% of the white vote in 2012, and he lost by a significant margin.

We have to figure out a way to make the tent bigger and candidates like this only serve to alienate the fastest growing segments of the electorate not just for this cycle but future ones as well. Targeting aging blue collar, white males with low education levels while nominating a candidate who seeks to create a visceral, emotional distaste for the party among minorities is (i) the dumbest strategy available, and (ii) our strategy of choice.

Frustrating times.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
          Well, I did think that this was what you meant, but hoped you didn't.

If that person for #2 is Trump, then that's exactly what I think of him, as a #2 if you catch my drift. I can't believe we cannot put up someone better than this. The size of his backing is very disheartening for the future of America, particularly when we already have the size of Hillary's backing. I'm still hoping he'll continue to shoot himself in the foot until his supporters wake up.

I wasn't for McCain getting the nomination the last time and I thought it became a lost cause when he chose Palin (what a waste of an opportunity to put someone on the ticket with a future), but I voted for them. Sorry, I think Trump is a walking/talking time bomb that I have zero trust in. As much as I want Hillary to lose, I feel there still may be pieces left in 4 years to pick up from. Trump, on the other hand, could be the future doom of any legit 2 party system, if not America itself. Without using the liberal slant, tell me why he's good for us in any way.
          I'm not sure I totally agree with that one at this point.

First of all, the Republicans control an amazing number of governorships, an amazing number of state legislators and a goodly number of congressional seats. I think there will be leaders rising from those ranks. The democrats, outside of Hillary are going to have a hard time coming up with young candidates that voters can get excited about.

Having said that, I have read a number of articles over the past few days that state Trump has the white supremacist vote locked up.

I can't believe for the life of me that a political party would go out and spend a lot of money on consultants that told them they needed more outreach to women and minorities and then to turn around and totally ignore that advice, but that's certainly what the republicans did.

I think Rubio will be a future leader for the republicans. Cruz, not so much. I still like Chris Christie. He's one of the few that actually make sense, but I see him as more of a placeholder. I think Jeb will never be able to wash his brother's stink off of him and I wouldn't give a nickel for the entire lot of the rest of them.

But one thing the Republicans have that the Democrats do not have is a pipeline of future leaders. The Republicans would have to sustain a wipeout of epic proportions to take away that advantage.

Hillary may be your president for the next 4 (or 8) years, but I think the future looks far brighter for the Republicans than the Democrats, provided they can develop initiatives and strategies to fit the consulting advice they have been given.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I'm not sure I totally agree with that one at this point.

First of all, the Republicans control an amazing number of governorships, an amazing number of state legislators and a goodly number of congressional seats. I think there will be leaders rising from those ranks. The democrats, outside of Hillary are going to have a hard time coming up with young candidates that voters can get excited about.

Having said that, I have read a number of articles over the past few days that state Trump has the white supremacist vote locked up.

I can't believe for the life of me that a political party would go out and spend a lot of money on consultants that told them they needed more outreach to women and minorities and then to turn around and totally ignore that advice, but that's certainly what the republicans did.

I think Rubio will be a future leader for the republicans. Cruz, not so much. I still like Chris Christie. He's one of the few that actually make sense, but I see him as more of a placeholder. I think Jeb will never be able to wash his brother's stink off of him and I wouldn't give a nickel for the entire lot of the rest of them.

But one thing the Republicans have that the Democrats do not have is a pipeline of future leaders. The Republicans would have to sustain a wipeout of epic proportions to take away that advantage.

Hillary may be your president for the next 4 (or 8) years, but I think the future looks far brighter for the Republicans than the Democrats, provided they can develop initiatives and strategies to fit the consulting advice they have been given.
            Maybe I'm not understanding your post, but my point is "that if Trump is elected President" the Republicans could be in trouble for the future. I think we have a better chance 4 years from now if Hillary is elected than if Trump is and that as a country, we will not be in as bad of shape as if The Donald is elected. ASM said he'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than Hillary. Well, I'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than "Donald/Daffy" Duck or Hillary.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Boy that would be nice. However, I also wonder if that's even possible for them, as the political climate has essentially made it so if someone is a Republican, they're automatically labeled a racist, homophobe, etc, and any attempt to say otherwise digs them in deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                Maybe I'm not understanding your post, but my point is "that if Trump is elected President" the Republicans could be in trouble for the future. I think we have a better chance 4 years from now if Hillary is elected than if Trump is and that as a country, we will not be in as bad of shape as if The Donald is elected. ASM said he'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than Hillary. Well, I'd rather vote for Mickey Mouse than "Donald/Daffy" Duck or Hillary.
                You're saying exactly what I'm saying. Get rid of the clown car candidates this cycle and, if Trump doesn't cause too much damage, be well-positioned for the future because of so many new faces that will soon emerge.

Comment

I'll put this embarrassing story here. A family of 11 British citizens blocked from taking their childern to America and seeing Disneyland. No refund, no reason given, had to return the stuff purchased at the airport. Just give people reason to hate us.

In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    I'll put this embarrassing story here. A family of 11 British citizens blocked from taking their childern to America and seeing Disneyland. No refund, no reason given, had to return the stuff purchased at the airport. Just give people reason to hate us.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6783836.html
                    Bush's fault.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        I know a guy who wanted to visit some friends in India this fall. For his visa application he had to show proof of purchase of plane ticket. In the end his visa was denied. Reason was he was a Evangelical Christian. India didn't refund his plane ticket - he was just out the $$$.

Comment

A Trump versus Hillary general election is the LCD candidate for each party in a generation, somehow going up against one another in the same election cycle. It is a compounding of worst case scenarios. Like getting hit in the head with frozen piss falling off an airliner at 35K ft on Monday, and then struck by lightning on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                            A Trump versus Hillary general election is the LCD candidate for each party in a generation, somehow going up against one another in the same election cycle. It is a compounding of worst case scenarios. Like getting hit in the head with frozen piss falling off an airliner at 35K ft on Monday, and then struck by lightning on Tuesday.
                            Well not really. You could swap Hillary with Biden or Bernie and it would still have that aura -- so really it's just the frozen piss thing. :)
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

I throw up in my mouth every time I think Trump vs. Clinton.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                                Id like to agree with you. but TBH based on Media alone (which does have alot of pull) its Hillary's baby.
                                I'm hearing, and have a little personal info that there's a difference on what is happening from what we hear in the media. There does not appear to be enthusiasm among Clinton supporters, and the Sanders' folks are working very hard. Many supporting Clinton are doing so because they currently believe if they don't, they will be stuck with Cruz or Trump. Bernie's workers are reporting strong support. Biden taking so long to make a decision is indication that there is not support among all of the Democratic establishment for Hillary. The Clinton, or we will lose belief will go away, as a recent poll put Sanders pretty much even with both Cruz and Trump. Sanders might of been slightly ahead, I can't remember.

The Republicans are going to keep on digging to get dirt on Clinton. Some will probably stick. There is will be fear that if she is nominated, Clinton, and the party might be in real trouble if she is roasted by the press. On the other hand the national party will make it tough for Sanders as evidenced by what happened last week and Clinton probably will have a large percent of the superdelegates. But, I believe it is very much a race.
                                Last edited by tropicalshox; December 25, 2015, 11:12 AM.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X