Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post

I don't think you get it. It's not the pay off that's a problem. It's that it was paid for by a 3rd party well above contribution limits explicitly to aid the campaign. Donald could have done this himself but he likes to keep himself "clean".
    No, I get it just fine. IIRC, the one guy I remember that actually was prosecuted for this was Dinesh Dsouza. And he did go to jail. But he was the one who donated, and Im not sure if the actual candidate did.

But if Trump resigns over this, will the Russians save him, since it would ruin all their sweetheart deals?

Or, was it really Russian money that paid out..... We shall see!!
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• It’s quite possible that there was a campaign violation. I believe that recently someone paid his pregnant mistress $1,000,000 to keep quiet with campaign money. He served no time.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• jdshock
        jdshock commented
        Editing a comment
        He was not convicted.

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      It’s quite possible that there was a campaign violation. I believe that recently someone paid his pregnant mistress $1,000,000 to keep quiet with campaign money. He served no time.
      Assuming you are talking about John Edwards, it was a mistrial and they didn't repursue. If you are talking about Eliot Broidy no crime was committed because he's not a politician or was related to any campaign issue. He was the RNC finance chair and he lost his job because of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

No, I get it just fine. IIRC, the one guy I remember that actually was prosecuted for this was Dinesh Dsouza. And he did go to jail. But he was the one who donated, and Im not sure if the actual candidate did.

But if Trump resigns over this, will the Russians save him, since it would ruin all their sweetheart deals?

Or, was it really Russian money that paid out..... We shall see!!
        But to be clear, your first post suggested that he was being found guilty of something entirely separate. So maybe you do get it, but your first post didn't convey that.

​​​​​

Comment

• ShockerPrez
          ShockerPrez commented
          Editing a comment
          I see that, yes. Thinking about it. Wasn't there a story a while back about a house slush fund used to payoff mistresses of congressmen abuse victims? Can't remember the details.

• Manafort also was found guilty today. Can we all stop calling it a witch hunt? Between all of the indictments of Trump's folks and the Russians, this investigation is moving incredibly quickly. And it might not ever get to Trump himself. Who knows.

But if we really want to drain the swamp, the investigation has to be allowed to go forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Manafort also was found guilty today. Can we all stop calling it a witch hunt? Between all of the indictments of Trump's folks and the Russians, this investigation is moving incredibly quickly. And it might not ever get to Trump himself. Who knows.

But if we really want to drain the swamp, the investigation has to be allowed to go forward.
          Is there evidence that Trump was working with the Russians to fix the election? That’s my standard for your question.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Assuming you are talking about John Edwards, it was a mistrial and they didn't repursue. If you are talking about Eliot Broidy no crime was committed because he's not a politician or was related to any campaign issue. He was the RNC finance chair and he lost his job because of it.
            John Edwards.
            Livin the dream

Comment

John Edwards.
              So your reference is a case where there wasn't actually any real evidence that he knew what was going on? Where they couldn't get a conviction? Basically some people paid off his mistress and there was no smoking gun tying him to it. Unlike I don't know... Say... One of those people saying he knew... Or perhaps an audio tape showing he knew.

Comment

Is there evidence that Trump was working with the Russians to fix the election? That’s my standard for your question.
                So to be clear, investigations into our presidents are witch hunts unless there's already evidence?

That is just not how our legal system works. There was enough smoke to support an investigation. Many, many people have been indicted as part of the investigation. Many of those people were close to Trump.

If there had to be fire before you could investigate, then no one could ever be investigated. If you already had the evidence, there would be no need to investigate. Your stance is so, so extreme. It would radically alter the vast majority of federal criminal investigations.

Comment

So to be clear, investigations into our presidents are witch hunts unless there's already evidence?

That is just not how our legal system works. There was enough smoke to support an investigation. Many, many people have been indicted as part of the investigation. Many of those people were close to Trump.

If there had to be fire before you could investigate, then no one could ever be investigated. If you already had the evidence, there would be no need to investigate. Your stance is so, so extreme. It would radically alter the vast majority of federal criminal investigations.
                  Also in further great news for Donald and Russia, Flynn (who has obvious ties to Russia) has had his sentencing delayed again which means he's further cooperating with the investigation. But nothing to see here folks.

Comment

The evidence was flimsy. It was started by oposition research via a foreign citizen. After 18 months they’ve turned up unrelated crimes by associates.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

So your reference is a case where there wasn't actually any real evidence that he knew what was going on? .
                      Sounds similar. I haven’t listened to the tapes. This has nothing to do with Russian collusion.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

And I'm quoting myself here to clarify, the investigation is not directly into Trump. Read the order appointing the special counsel, it is a broad investigation of Russian interference.

Calling it a witch hunt is only political propoganda. It's so that if Mueller offers a report to Congress, Republicans can discredit the whole thing. That's it.

Comment

The evidence was flimsy. It was started by oposition research via a foreign citizen. After 18 months they’ve turned up unrelated crimes by associates.
                          Gee whiz man... Honestly, that is just fox news propoganda. Almost nothing in this post is true.

​​​The investigation is into Russian interference. Many of the indictments are directly related to that point. It was not started by the dossier. Even if it was, that's honestly does not matter. It still had to be vetted by a judge.

How do you address the fact that you are essentially requiring a prosecutor to have all the evidence before the investigation begins? 18 months is not a slow investigation. This is moving at light speed.
                          ​​​​​

Comment

Gee whiz man... Honestly, that is just fox news propoganda. Almost nothing in this post is true.

​​​The investigation is into Russian interference. Many of the indictments are directly related to that point. It was not started by the dossier. Even if it was, that's honestly does not matter. It still had to be vetted by a judge.

​​​​​
                            Take me through the falsity of my claims one by one please. I am obviously ignorant of the truth. I don’t even watch FOX news, so I guess that we came up with these ideas independently.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                            X