X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Fired! easy pickins'

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.18bd936da0e6

Trump: At least in Republican primary politics, Tuesday once again proved he’s the king. Republican politicians on the ballot Tuesday who dissed him in 2016 raced to undo that, and those who didn’t do it convincingly enough lost their primaries. In Minnesota’s competitive governor’s race, Republican voters nominated a relative outsider, Jeff Johnson, over a former governor, Tim Pawlenty, as Pawlenty struggled to get out from under the fact he called Trump “unhinged and unfit” during the campaign. (Johnson has his own past problems with Trump, which we’ll get to in the loser section.) “The Republican Party has shifted,” Pawlenty said as he lost. “It is the era of Trump, and I’m just not a Trump-like politician.”

Trump’s riskiest endorsement yet, in last week’s GOP Kansas governor’s primary, paid off Tuesday, too. Kansas Gov. Jeff Colyer conceded an ultra-close race to Secretary of State Kris Kobach, who helped lead Trump’s voter fraud commission.

In the meantime...

Diversity: For the first time, voters of a major party nominated an openly transgender woman for governor. Christine Hallquist won the Democratic nomination for governor in Vermont (though she’ll have to work hard to actually make that race against Gov. Phil Scott (R) competitive).
      The crazy liberals prove once again that they have their finger firmly on the American pulse. Onward and upward... :rolleyes:

T

...:cool:

Comment

• scumbag.jpg

Does this quality as TDS? It couldn't be anything else but that could it? What a flamin' leftist/progressive scumbag. #MAGA 2020.

Comment

• Another reason people scream fake news. Chris Cuomo at CNN isn't a journalist. He's a political hack from a whackjob left family of liberal goons. The son of Mario, the brother of Andrew. There's no equity in what he's saying. It's not news, it's opinion masquerading as news. Swampish.

Same thing with George Stephanopoulos. Clinton's chief of staff. He's not qualified to be objective, yet ABC rolls him out as a journalist. All too common in "mainstream" media circles.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            That leftist dummy basically said antifa is fighting the good fight. His listeners probably agree. Just giving the President ammo for 2020.

• Trump has this incredible ability to take debates to places they should never go. Like I said a few weeks ago, the debate about the hush payment tape from Michael Cohen is whether Trump said to pay cash or not. As opposed to the actual controversy being that Trump absolutely paid off alleged mistresses immediately prior to the election.

This Omarosa stuff is the same thing. How is it that liberals keep getting distracted by dumb stuff? Yeah, the tapes she is releasing paint Trump staffers in a bad light. Yeah, it's interesting. But the debate shouldn't be about whether Omarosa did or did not hear people discussing whether Trump said the n-word. Omarosa was a TERRIBLE hire for the white house. Like... mind-boggling bad. And she always was a bad hire. Trump kept her on staff because "she only said GREAT things about " him. That's actually just ludicrous. He decided to hire this reality star because she fed his ego. We don't need to believe a word she says, and that isn't the debate we should be having.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            Editing a comment
            So was it a bad hire for Clinton too? This wasn't her first time in the White House. That might play a bigger part as to why he hired her (her past experience). That's a substantive point isn't it? Which administration kept her around longer?

But once again we agree, there's no debating what she says she heard him say, from a friend of a friend, who absolutely denied it. Case closed.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 16, 2018, 07:09 PM.

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          Omarosa was a TERRIBLE hire for the white house. Like... mind-boggling bad. And she always was a bad hire.
          You and I can certainly agree on this. I cringed when I initially heard that and knew it wouldn't end well. No doubt ego got in the way of intelligence there.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Another reason people scream fake news. Chris Cuomo at CNN isn't a journalist. He's a political hack from a whackjob left family of liberal goons. The son of Mario, the brother of Andrew. There's no equity in what he's saying. It's not news, it's opinion masquerading as news. Swampish.

Same thing with George Stephanopoulos. Clinton's chief of staff. He's not qualified to be objective, yet ABC rolls him out as a journalist. All too common in "mainstream" media circles.
            Actually, Mario was one of the few Democrats I would listen to. He was reasonable, as was Daniel Patrick Moynihan. They were centrist and willing to punish illegals, call out drug gangs, guard our borders, call out people who misused government welfare programs, etc.

The problem may be that Schumer used to be mainstream and reasonable too (he opposed illegal immigration as law breakers for example as late as 2009), so maybe Mario Cuomo, Daniel Patrick Moynihan, and Schumer may have been a part of past Democrat and now are not centrist at all. Schumer sure isn't reasonable or centrist.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Another reason people scream fake news. Chris Cuomo at CNN isn't a journalist. He's a political hack from a whackjob left family of liberal goons. The son of Mario, the brother of Andrew. There's no equity in what he's saying. It's not news, it's opinion masquerading as news. Swampish.

And worked with Dukaka, I mean Dukakis and Gephardt before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                Trump has this incredible ability to take debates to places they should never go.
                It's very, VERY weird hearing a lawyer complain about this.

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Why can Omarosa secretly record conversations in the White House? What if she was a Russian spy?
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
                    Editing a comment
                    Because it was Trump.

• jdshock
                    jdshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm mostly pro whistle blowers and stuff but no joke. The situation room recording seems particularly crazy.

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One, hopefully, assumes a couple of Virginia farm boys have engaged Ms. Manigualt in a sit down sharing of information and this has been addressed and fixed.

• I will say, at least in one way Trump is king. He's king of the Republican party. The opposition has left! To Trump supporters, this is worth celebrating, it is a win. But to me, it is a pretty final damnation of the party as a whole. The good ones left, and what is left is rotten. The party had the choice between 17 Republicans, and chose to worship and venerate the one member of that group that:
                  • Raped his wife
                  • Ran a scam university
                  • Ran a scam charity
                  • Took away a seizing infant's healthcare coverage
                  • Bragged about sexual assaults
                  • Regularly struggled with basic literacy
                  • Called for the execution of innocent men
                  • etc.
                  Not only did the party begrudgingly accept this ... they embraced it like no President since Reagan. THIS is what they were waiting for. This was the distillation of their values and principles into a man. If a Republican candidate isn't on board with the basic Trumpism package, you are ostracized and can't win at the polls. Meanwhile the President is so gobstoppingly corrupt his personal lawyer had to hire new lawyers (the old ones refused to represent him!) and his campaign manager is the middle of the first of many trials.

From what I understand, Trump supporters see him as a strong, authoritarian leader. But that isn't what he is. He's your employee, not your boss. You supported him through thick and thin, and now he is the mascot for your company. If you think Trump is smarter than you, I concede that you are probably right, but I don't think I'll ever understand what you see in him. I see a 300 pound 1st grader that lives to bully and con, and I can't see anything else no matter how hard I try. In fact, each time I look more closely I find new horrifying stories that surpass the old, with no trace of the genius athletic messianic businessman that seems to exist in some people's minds.

Oh, and if Omarosa did tape in the situation room she should go to jail. That should be what happens when a persons flaunts their lawbreaking to the press. Of course, we don't exactly have a good record of that ... I'm just going to hope she doesn't run for office.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Let's see... New Yorker, WAPO, Slate, 'Times...

https://media0.giphy.com/media/MccXoMrOhrpRe/giphy.gif

T

• CBB_Fan
                    CBB_Fan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes Cold, those stories are from "real" news sites. You might not be familiar with what they look like. And no, Wikipedia wasn't used "as a source," unless you are seriously claiming Donald Trump did not say "I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the *****. You can do anything."

Wikipedia was used because it is common knowledge, so much so the incident itself has a dedicated page rather than it being a blurb on Trump's page. But if you've seriously forgot about it, you can look at any one of the 132 citations on the page, or better yet, listen to your man say it himself. https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...view=true&t=12

Just go to bed tonight remembering you heard that and said "That's my guy."

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I consider CNBC, The WSJ, and Reuters to be news outlets. Those rags you listed are a hybrid mix of the National Enquirer and Jerry Springer.

T

• T

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    I will say, at least in one way Trump is king. He's king of the Republican party. The opposition has left! To Trump supporters, this is worth celebrating, it is a win. But to me, it is a pretty final damnation of the party as a whole. The good ones left, and what is left is rotten. The party had the choice between 17 Republicans, and chose to worship and venerate the one member of that group that:
                    • Raped his wife
                    • Ran a scam university
                    • Ran a scam charity
                    • Took away a seizing infant's healthcare coverage
                    • Bragged about sexual assaults
                    • Regularly struggled with basic literacy
                    • Called for the execution of innocent men
                    • etc.
                    Not only did the party begrudgingly accept this ... they embraced it like no President since Reagan. THIS is what they were waiting for. This was the distillation of their values and principles into a man. If a Republican candidate isn't on board with the basic Trumpism package, you are ostracized and can't win at the polls. Meanwhile the President is so gobstoppingly corrupt his personal lawyer had to hire new lawyers (the old ones refused to represent him!) and his campaign manager is the middle of the first of many trials.

From what I understand, Trump supporters see him as a strong, authoritarian leader. But that isn't what he is. He's your employee, not your boss. You supported him through thick and thin, and now he is the mascot for your company. If you think Trump is smarter than you, I concede that you are probably right, but I don't think I'll ever understand what you see in him. I see a 300 pound 1st grader that lives to bully and con, and I can't see anything else no matter how hard I try. In fact, each time I look more closely I find new horrifying stories that surpass the old, with no trace of the genius athletic messianic businessman that seems to exist in some people's minds.

Oh, and if Omarosa did tape in the situation room she should go to jail. That should be what happens when a persons flaunts their lawbreaking to the press. Of course, we don't exactly have a good record of that ... I'm just going to hope she doesn't run for office.
                    Cheer up CBB, maybe you'll get some good news tomorrow to brighten your day. But just don't hold your breath, or you'll hyperventilate, more than you already are...

:cry:

Comment

• This is one of the funniest stories I’ve ever seen. What a moron.

Show some RESPICT.

Hilarious.

Comment

• I am heartened by the new found purity of the modern liberal atheist party. The once amoral is now the supermoral. I envision them all filling the pews on Sunday morning singing praises to the Almighty and praying for the Lord to return. It's 2018 and they're rising up against the bad-mannered billionaire and his crotch grabbing locker room talk. It seems only yesterday they were mocking us for attacking their wunder-leader and his penchant for accessorizing young White House interns' outfits with his semen. They called us petty, they called us sexually obsessed; they pointed at fallen religious leaders like Baker and Swaggart and told us to get our own house in order. They said what the president does in his private life is private. They said he should be judged by what he accomplishes as president, not by his many affairs or his sexual predilections.

Well pot meet mother****ing kettle.

T

Comment

Working...
                        X