Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Trump

Comment

• If you listen to Trump and ingest cleaning products, the human race is better off without you pro-creating.

I think we need to scan through Trump's speeches to find out the origin of the Tide Pod challenges.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Church as a tax scam and other 'christian' nuttery.....

Seems like they identified the guy who wrote to trump and suggested to him that injecting bleach would kill the virus AND he's under federal investigation:
        https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-church-leader-selling-bleach-as-coronavirus-cure-wrote-trump-11628259

"We can say cure, heal and treat as a Free church," a Genesis letter to the FDA says. "Don't need your approval or authorization for a Church Sacrament... There will be NO corrective actions on our part... You have no authority over us!... Never going to happen."

So bleach is a sacrament? That one's teed up for an idiot alert. He has nothing on Jim Jones.

Comment

• So Our President, from his first Daily Briefing, had his sights set on a future recovery upon the end of precautionary social distancing, to which he received much negative press for being -ahem- "Too Positive," and this Dingbat out of touch with the People partisan hack now wants to throw out a half-a**** recovery plan.

That just reinforces the blatant unaware stupidity possessed by hateful and jealous people, otherwise known as Trump Derangement Syndrome (it's real y'all).

Maybe we should start a different thread so we can engage in even more stimulating and substantive debate. Let's call it The Great Recovery 2020.

3nvh57.jpg

... because, hey, what's wrong with a little bias?

#AnchorsAweighDingbat
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            Church as a tax scam and other 'christian' nuttery.....

Seems like they identified the guy who wrote to trump and suggested to him that injecting bleach would kill the virus AND he's under federal investigation:
            https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/florida-church-leader-selling-bleach-as-coronavirus-cure-wrote-trump-11628259

"We can say cure, heal and treat as a Free church," a Genesis letter to the FDA says. "Don't need your approval or authorization for a Church Sacrament... There will be NO corrective actions on our part... You have no authority over us!... Never going to happen."

So bleach is a sacrament? That one's teed up for an idiot alert. He has nothing on Jim Jones.
            You do realize this is not actually a church based on Christianity right? They are some type of new age movement. All you have to do is look at core beliefs

- Doing good deeds -
            - Good health for all mankind -
            - Doing what is right -
            - Freedom for all mankind -
            - Enlightening others with the truth -
            - Helping one another
            Where a Church who beliefs are built on the fundamental of Christianity would have beliefs like the following:

BELIEFS

I. The Scriptures

The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine instruction. It has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth, without any mixture of error, for its matter. Therefore, all Scripture is totally true and trustworthy. It reveals the principles by which God judges us, and therefore is, and will remain to the end of the world, the true center of Christian union, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and religious opinions should be tried. All Scripture is a testimony to Christ, who is Himself the focus of divine revelation.

Exodus 24:4; Deuteronomy 4:1-2; 17:19; Joshua 8:34; Psalms 19:7-10; 119:11,89,105,140; Isaiah 34:16; 40:8; Jeremiah 15:16; 36:1-32; Matthew 5:17-18; 22:29; Luke 21:33; 24:44-46; John 5:39; 16:13-15; 17:17; Acts 2:16ff.; 17:11; Romans 15:4; 16:25-26; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 1:1-2; 4:12; 1 Peter 1:25; 2 Peter 1:19-21.

II. God

There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is infinite in holiness and all other perfections. God is all powerful and all knowing; and His perfect knowledge extends to all things, past, present, and future, including the future decisions of His free creatures. To Him we owe the highest love, reverence, and obedience. The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.

III. Man

Man is the special creation of God, made in His own image. He created them male and female as the crowning work of His creation. The gift of gender is thus part of the goodness of God's creation. In the beginning man was innocent of sin and was endowed by his Creator with freedom of choice. By his free choice man sinned against God and brought sin into the human race. Through the temptation of Satan man transgressed the command of God, and fell from his original innocence whereby his posterity inherit a nature and an environment inclined toward sin. Therefore, as soon as they are capable of moral action, they become transgressors and are under condemnation. Only the grace of God can bring man into His holy fellowship and enable man to fulfill the creative purpose of God. The sacredness of human personality is evident in that God created man in His own image, and in that Christ died for man; therefore, every person of every race possesses full dignity and is worthy of respect and Christian love.

Genesis 1:26-30; 2:5,7,18-22; 3; 9:6; Psalms 1; 8:3-6; 32:1-5; 51:5; Isaiah 6:5; Jeremiah 17:5; Matthew 16:26; Acts 17:26-31; Romans 1:19-32; 3:10-18,23; 5:6,12,19; 6:6; 7:14-25; 8:14-18,29; 1 Corinthians 1:21-31; 15:19,21-22; Ephesians 2:1-22; Colossians 1:21-22; 3:9-11.

IV. Salvation Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.

Genesis 3:15; Exodus 3:14-17; 6:2-8; Matthew 1:21; 4:17; 16:21-26; 27:22-28:6; Luke 1:68-69; 2:28-32; John 1:11-14,29; 3:3-21,36; 5:24; 10:9,28-29; 15:1-16; 17:17; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 15:11; 16:30-31; 17:30-31; 20:32; Romans 1:16-18; 2:4; 3:23-25; 4:3ff.; 5:8-10; 6:1-23; 8:1-18,29-39; 10:9-10,13; 13:11-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18,30; 6:19-20; 15:10; 2 Corinthians 5:17-20; Galatians 2:20; 3:13; 5:22-25; 6:15; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-22; 4:11-16; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 1:9-22; 3:1ff.; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; 2 Timothy 1:12; Titus 2:11-14; Hebrews 2:1-3; 5:8-9; 9:24-28; 11:1-12:8,14; James 2:14-26; 1 Peter 1:2-23; 1 John 1:6-2:11; Revelation 3:20; 21:1-22:5.

Comment

• Wouldn't it be great if Our President replaced the current FBI Chief with this guy:

flynn.jpg

After all, it would be the least he deserves for the cost of being flat-out framed with a crime by people we're supposed to trust. And he ain't the only one.

It's just another brazen example of "hey, what's wrong with a little bias?"

Discuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You do realize this is not actually a church based on Christianity right? They are some type of new age movement. All you have to do is look at core beliefs

Where a Church who beliefs are built on the fundamental of Christianity would have beliefs like the following:

First of all, I agree and appreciate your definition, I can see you are passionate about your religion and you are well-grounded in your beliefs. That's not so true for everyone, example:

"doing what's right".....like this?

Doing what's right would have been more in line with keeping things closed down and protecting the students like most (all) other schools......
                In the face of the continuing threat of the novel coronavirus, and to mitigate its impact on campus, University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jen...

Seriously, I respect religion, I tolerate my significant other dragging me to the grotto on the grounds of the Catholic Church near me so both of us can meditate and pray. (since the ciocese here closed churches down) However, I'm seeing a lot of behaviors from churches that I would say (and where I draw my line might be different from where you might draw it) were fringe. Liberty University would seem to be that way.

But now that I'm checking this, I see Falwell jr. is not really a pastor (he's a lawyer), but his brother is. He actually owns Liberty. I wonder what his brother thinks of his behavior? And does that excuse his behavior? Or is he acting like a typical entrepreneur?

Comment

• Between states opening back up, Flynn being exonerated, and Chris Hayes getting crushed by Dems for even mentioning the Tara Reade allegations, this week in news has been...

​
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

First of all, I agree and appreciate your definition, I can see you are passionate about your religion and you are well-grounded in your beliefs. That's not so true for everyone, example:

"doing what's right".....like this?

Doing what's right would have been more in line with keeping things closed down and protecting the students like most (all) other schools......
                    In the face of the continuing threat of the novel coronavirus, and to mitigate its impact on campus, University of Notre Dame President Rev. John I. Jen...

Seriously, I respect religion, I tolerate my significant other dragging me to the grotto on the grounds of the Catholic Church near me so both of us can meditate and pray. (since the ciocese here closed churches down) However, I'm seeing a lot of behaviors from churches that I would say (and where I draw my line might be different from where you might draw it) were fringe. Liberty University would seem to be that way.

But now that I'm checking this, I see Falwell jr. is not really a pastor (he's a lawyer), but his brother is. He actually owns Liberty. I wonder what his brother thinks of his behavior? And does that excuse his behavior? Or is he acting like a typical entrepreneur?
                    Sure. No one likes a hypocrite, either religious or political. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors. What's you excuse?

Anyway, we agree. Hypocrisy is what got you your current President of the USA. Would you like to bring the hildabeast back for one more go? Or stick with Joe?

Comment

• With both Kelly and Mattis coming out with criticism of Trump, and all the books that have been written by former staffers that describe chaos in the White House, I believe the historic viewpoint of Trump has been written, and it won't be kind to him.

I'm a fiscal conservative. I believe politicians should cut government spending before they cut taxes.

To put current politics into too simple terms.

Dems: Tax and spend

Repubds: Don't tax, but increase spending while decreasing taxes

In the long run, the Dem position is more sustainable.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        I'm a fiscal conservative.
                        Ehhhh
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          With both Kelly and Mattis coming out with criticism of Trump, and all the books that have been written by former staffers that describe chaos in the White House, I believe the historic viewpoint of Trump has been written, and it won't be kind to him.

I'm a fiscal conservative. I believe politicians should cut government spending before they cut taxes.

To put current politics into too simple terms.

Dems: Tax and spend

Repubds: Don't tax, but increase spending while decreasing taxes

In the long run, the Dem position is more sustainable.
                          Historical revisionism is part of the leftist ideology. I doubt Trump’s legacy has been written just yet.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Sure. No one likes a hypocrite, either religious or political. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors. What's you excuse?

Anyway, we agree. Hypocrisy is what got you your current President of the USA. Would you like to bring the hildabeast back for one more go? Or stick with Joe?
                            I voted for Trump once. I wont do it again.

BTW, I agree with Aargh.

And the whole concept of shrinking government to the point you could put it in a bathtub is a load of rubbish, as events this year have shown all of us.

there are some things that are probably better off being done by private enterprise, but I think we've run the lawn mower a little close.

Could we outsource more government programs? Probably, but the low-hanging fruit is probably gone.

Comment

I voted for Trump once. I wont do it again.

BTW, I agree with Aargh.

And the whole concept of shrinking government to the point you could put it in a bathtub is a load of rubbish, as events this year have shown all of us.

there are some things that are probably better off being done by private enterprise, but I think we've run the lawn mower a little close.

Could we outsource more government programs? Probably, but the low-hanging fruit is probably gone.
                              How about police? Should we defund police?
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

How about police? Should we defund police?
                                This is a fun one to watch. The Blue states are the battle grounds to argue for the experiment to defund the police force and replace it ................. with something. It's just crazy.
                                Wouldn't it be interesting (actually sad and brutal) to see Chicago, New York, and/or Minneapolis without police forces? People are just NUTS!

Comment

Working...
                                X