Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    This thinking is what is infuriating.
    Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      There is a balance to my opinion. If an investigation concludes that Trump coordinated with Russia to hack our election, he should be impeached, and if found guilty, removed from office and Pence assume the Presidency. Until then, I'm going about my day and not freaking out. Advice a good psychologist would give a client.
      That would be treason, and he would be put to death (imprisoned for 5 years or more).

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        Let me try to explain it from this side... Everyone thinks I'm blaming Trump for whatever happened. I'm blaming Russia.

Trump's unwillingness to blame Russia is the issue. His unwillingness to point out their wrongdoing means I think he's either 1. Incompetent or 2. Guilty.

What other explanation would there be for him still calling it a hoax, fake news, etc.?
        Or 3. It does him no good to do anything, other than to feed his opponents. In politics, never feed your opponents.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Or 3. It does him no good to do anything, other than to feed his opponents. In politics, never feed your opponents.
          Exaclty. But it isn't like he hasn't addressed. He continues to be floppy on the issue.
          President Donald Trump is known for his blunt talk – on everything ranging from trade to immigration and the fight against ISIS. But throughout the 2016 campaign, and now in the White House, there’s one topic that he’s been less forthcoming about – Russia’s role interfering in the US election.

Comment

• Also, I often wonder from a political standpoint, why would Dems want Trump gone? He's a useful idiot. If they get rid of Trump, they get Pence. Pence is likeable,intelligent, good looking, well spoken. Pence has the ability to unite the Republican Party. Pence would be much more difficult to defeat in four years. Do you want four years of Trump or possibly 10 of Pence. Pick your poison.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
              Exaclty, he is igniting his egg-head base by continuing to say it's fake and never address it upfront.
              No. He's not doing that. He's simply refusing to answer a baiting, "Do you still beat your wife?" question.

Comment

No. He's not doing that. He's simply refusing to answer a baiting, "Do you still beat your wife?" question.
                Sorry, I edited my o.p.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                  That would be treason, and he would be put to death (imprisoned for 5 years or more).
                  What would be treason? Me, going about my day?

Comment

What would be treason? Me, going about my day?
                    Haha. I got a good chuckle on that'n.

Comment

Also, I often wonder from a political standpoint, why would Dems want Trump gone? He's a useful idiot. If they get rid of Trump, they get Pence. Pence is likeable,intelligent, good looking, well spoken. Pence has the ability to unite the Republican Party. Pence would be much more difficult to defeat in four years. Do you want four years of Trump or possibly 10 of Pence. Pick your poison.
                      When I've asked this question before, you've derailed the conversation by listing a series of what-ifs that couldn't possibly come to fruition.

To answer your question, I absolutely believe Trump is a better president for the democratic party. Generally, I believe most presidents can't really do that much to destroy our country beyond repair. Trump makes you wonder, though. Enough that I might truthfully prefer a multi term Pence, but I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                        When I've asked this question before, you've derailed the conversation by listing a series of what-ifs that couldn't possibly come to fruition.

To answer your question, I absolutely believe Trump is a better president for the democratic party. Generally, I believe most presidents can't really do that much to destroy our country beyond repair. Trump makes you wonder, though. Enough that I might truthfully prefer a multi term Pence, but I don't know.
                        I think your what if's where pretty ridiculous, hence my rebuttal. That said, seskridge, and all entrenched Democrats need to ask themselves this very question, do they want to put up with 3-1/2 years of Trump, or possibly 10+ years of Pence?

I will leave it up to you to explain succession, and also how Pence could end up serving for over a decade.

Strategically, forcing Trump out has the potential to be a disaster for Democtats. I didn't vote for Trump in the last election, I won't vote for him in the next, but I sure as heck could get behind Pence.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
                          Many here choose to not be knowledgeable about the investigation but ignorance is bliss.
                          You are making an assumption here that just isn't true. Once again, this assuption may be what is causing you so much strife.

Comment

When people claim fake news or no collusion then they haven't paid attention because they would know there is an on going investigation to determine that.
                            Really? Really? An ongoing investigation means there is an ongoing investigation, no more, no less. It doesn't mean anyone did something, it doesn't mean nothing happened, either. It means that there is an ongoing investigation.

Period.

Not jumping to conclusions is always prudent. Hillary would have done much better if people didn't jump to conclusions during an ONGOING INVESTIGATION.

This is a simple concept.

Comment

It is the point I was trying to make. The people stating no collusion or fake news is jumping to conclusions. I've said multiple times including this morning. Let's wait til the investigation is completed.
                              Read your comments, you have already convicted.

Quit projecting!

I have yet to ever say he's innocent, I've yet to convict. I'm playing a wait and see, as are most others. The only one that has jumped to a conclusion is you.

And you are the person that admitted that this is the first time you've ever even bothered to vote. The person that has skipped voting their entire life is the one who is lecturing the rest of us on being informed. What a joke!

Comment

I actually never voted prior to this election because I've always felt both sides had competent people and never worried about the usa.
                                This is the person that is the most informed, has all the answers and we should be listening to.

What a ****ing joke!

Comment

Working...
                                X