Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    Excuse me? I really don't follow any of this. I get that you're trying to make an analogy, but I don't understand how it works.

Your first and second points aren't what @wufan: said. He asked why Obama didn't fund it more. He did not say it was overfunded, which would be a fine argument to make if you want to make that.

Your third argument also misses the point. Obama blaming Bush (and Trump blaming Obama) are acceptable excuses in certain contexts because they're saying X decision by Obama or Bush caused some Y problem. That is not what @wufan: said. He did not say it was overfunded by Obama, therefore Trump had to cut it. In fact, he asked why it wasn't funded more by Obama? But the original poster acted as if it was funded adequately before, so it's nonsensical to blame Obama for anything.
    @wufan: was being sarcastic. I was responding to you. I reread my response. Yup, it still makes complete logical sense.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That's fine. Say that the cut doesn't affect anything. That's an adequate argument.

I'm just saying your initial post was out of line and illogical. OP says "This cut will affect my grandmother." And you troll back by saying "Didn't Obama care about your grandmother? If so, why didn't he raise funding for the program." That is completely illogical because it might have been funded at an adequate level and raising funds would have been unnecessary.
      I really dont get how you could completely miss @wufan:'s sarcasm and demonstration by absurdity. It is so painfully obvious.

Comment

• Originally posted by seskridge
        Again, all this about obama etc doesn't really matter. Trump is the president now so he gets the lash. How much are his visits to Florida costing the tax payers? Couldn't that go to meals on wheels?
        Nope. For that last 8 years it was Bush's fault. Nobody cared about Obama golfing vacation. So be it - the next 8 years it shall be Obama fault and Trump can go golfing wherever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I really dont get how you could completely miss @wufan:'s sarcasm and demonstration by absurdity. It is so painfully obvious.
          Is everyone on this message board just really bad at analogies?

Comment

Is everyone on this message board just really bad at analogies?
            It isn't an analogy. (unless we are talking about two different posts)

Comment

Probably cause obama spent as much as trump is on pace to spend in 1 year in his 8 years!! Sorry that is unnecessary. Trump claimed that obama would 9n vacation too much and he wpuld never do that and yet again a lie much like lying about wiretapping. Why can't y'all admit that trump isn't infallible

How do you know he wasn't wiretapped? If it is part of the national security investigation then that information would be classified. If classified information is revealed it is suppose to be violation of the law.

Comment

Sb can you say trump has ever lied? Anything he has done bad?
                Sure he has. He has lied and did bad things just like you, me, Obama, hillary and all the other politicians and people in this country.

Comment

Lol avoiding the vacation convo. The Whitehouse has had to back track those statements. You realize trump can declassify anything so he could show proof. He failed to provide proof to anyone but some stupid breitbart and nyt stupid stuff
                  That not the way it works.

Comment

Sb please explain the budget to me when he is spending so much money on vacations
                    The man has been in office less than 2 months. Why does he need a vacation?
                    I guess for the same reason Obama needed all those vacations. I guess the weight of the office drives a person to want to get out in the fresh air and pound the little white golf ball to relieve stress.

Comment

Sb please explain the budget to me when he is spending so much money on vacations
                      The man has been in office less than 2 months. Why does he need a vacation?
                      Are you arguing that Trump hasn't worked hard enough in his first 50 days in office? Or just worried about vacation expenses?

Comment

Lol but obama didnt take that many vacations. Guess old people dont need food or elementary kiddos dont need after school programs so trump can go on vacations. There is no good justification for his vacations in less than 2 months.
                        Obama took 28 vacations for 217 days in 8 years.

With Trump being much older than Obama - maybe he needs more breaks.

Comment

It isn't an analogy. (unless we are talking about two different posts)
                          Reductio ad absurdum only works if the situations are analogous.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Obama took 28 vacations for 217 days in 8 years.

With Trump being much older than Obama - maybe he needs more breaks.
                            Obama took his first round of golf on April 26, 2009. Trump has golfed 9 times as of March 17.
                            Obama's total vacation expenses over 8 years totaled $97M. Trump's vacation expenses this year this year projected to eclipse $120M.

It is not okay. And it simply awful optics to be so liberal with taxpayer money while campaigning for cuts.

Comment

Are you arguing that Trump hasn't worked hard enough in his first 50 days in office? Or just worried about vacation expenses?
                              No, He is saying that his Nana has been taken care of and now he needs something else to nitpick about.

Comment

Working...
                              X