Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    No kidding.
    So both of you and ShockerPrez think it's OK to address your mother, your daughter, your girlfriend in the same manner that Trump does women? Saying it has no impact on your life is not totally accurate and it might reflect on your lack of respect for women in general.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      So both of you and ShockerPrez think it's OK to address your mother, your daughter, your girlfriend in the same manner that Trump does women? Saying it has no impact on your life is not totally accurate and it might reflect on your lack of respect for women in general.
      I never said it was ok. My original point was that I would prefer a president whose policies affected me in a positive way.

Obama was a nice guy, and his policies affected me in a negative way.

Never have condoned Trump's personal attacks.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
        I never said it was ok. My original point was that I would prefer a president whose policies affected me in a positive way.

Obama was a nice guy, and his policies affected me in a negative way.

Never have condoned Trump's personal attacks.
        Thank you for your clarification. I thought you were saying the insults he is gratuitously hurling towards many people were OK. And I absolutely agree with your opinion of Obama. He was too nice at times. I like Trump's backbone, but I think he takes things way too far sometimes.

It would really be nice if we could get someone about halfway between the two. Someone who was polite and diplomatic, yet firm when world leaders try to walk all over them.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          Thank you for your clarification. I thought you were saying the insults he is gratuitously hurling towards many people were OK. And I absolutely agree with your opinion of Obama. He was too nice at times. I like Trump's backbone, but I think he takes things way too far sometimes.

It would really be nice if we could get someone about halfway between the two. Someone who was polite and diplomatic, yet firm when world leaders try to walk all over them.
          I totally agree with this. IMO, the demonization of McCain and Romney, when they were in fact extremely well mannered and good people, lead to the acceptance of Trump as an alternative. Basically, the media propaganda had no credibility left for someone that was, in fact, an ass.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• It never occurred to me that anybody would say Barack Hussein Obama was nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              It never occurred to me that anybody would say Barack Hussein Obama was nice.
              Point taken. His insult vocabulary wasnt as extensive as Trump's. And usually they were directed at entire groups of the population, whereas trump goes to a personal level.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

It never occurred to me that anybody would say Barack Hussein Obama was nice.
                Exhibit A as to the levels of partisanship this country has reached. Can't even accept that Obama was generally polite, well mannered, and dignified in his public behavior.

Yes, he was/is a "nice"guy. A horribly deceived nice guy with a broken world view, but still, a nice guy none-the-less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  Exhibit A as to the levels of partisanship this country has reached. Can't even accept that Obama was generally polite, well mannered, and dignified in his public behavior.

Yes, he was/is a "nice"guy. A horribly deceived nice guy with a broken world view, but still, a nice guy none-the-less.
                  Everybody has an opinion. He gave the appearance of being well-mannered. I'll agree. Nice, no, hell no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

I don't think that we really know our Presidents. They know how to insulate themselves from the public and media if they want to. You can't tell me Clinton wasn't a disgusting human being, even though he tried to hide it. Trump doesn't want to hide it, and is sometimes openly disgusting. Some like him this way, fighting with the media instead of turning the other cheek like Bush did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Hey, looks like Obamacare may get repealed and taxes cut!!
                      One of these means my 60-year-old wife ends up with no health insurance - I'd call that affecting me incredibly negatively.

The other one has no effect on me, until the budget doesn't balance and the government turns to me to help them balance it.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I thought nobody knew what was in it

Comment

Everybody has an opinion. He gave the appearance of being well-mannered. I'll agree. Nice, no, hell no.
                          Compared to Trump he was nice. He gave the appearance of looking out for all people, not just the wealthy. He championed those down on their luck.

Are you saying your definition of nice includes looking out only for the wealthy and stepping on the downtrodden? Just wanting to know whether you're a Christian or a heathen.

Trump is looking out only for the wealthy, at least he could make it look like he has a little humility. He doesn't even try to do that.

Comment

• Looks like everyone outside Kansas (except for Donald Trump) thinks Chris Kobach is a dumb asshole.

Unfortunately, most voters in Kansas not only adore him, but also Sam Brownback.

Who's wanting to put up a bet that Brownback gets a ambassadorship? I'm thinking he will.

Or, on the other hand, perhaps Trump will learn most Kansas republicans cut out of the Brownback/Kobach mold are not acceptable, at least on a national level.

I doubt that second one. I don't think Trump's that smart. I'm saying that knowing full well he has a master's degree from an Ivy League university (Penn).

Especially since Trump has a huge blind spot for people who suck up to him.

Comment

• Do non-citizens vote in U.S. elections?

Jesse T. Richman a, *, Gulshan A. Chattha b, c, 1, David C. Earnest b

a Department of Political Science, Old Dominion University, BAL 7000, Norfolk, VA 23529, USA b Old Dominion University, USA c

George Mason University, USA

Results showed somewhere between 7.9% to 14.7% of non-citizens voted in the 2008 presidential election.

Conclusions from the study

Our exploration of non-citizen voting in the 2008 presidential election found that most non-citizens did not register or vote in 2008, but some did. The proportion of non-citizens who voted was less than fifteen percent, but significantly greater than zero. Similarly in 2010 we found that more than three percent of non-citizens reported voting.

These results speak to both sides of the debate concerning non-citizen enfranchisement. They support the claims made by some anti-immigration organizations that non-citizens participate in U.S. elections. In addition, the analysis suggests that non-citizens' votes have changed significant election outcomes including the assignment of North Carolina's 2008 electoral votes, and the pivotal Minnesota Senate victory of Democrat Al Franken in 2008.

However, our results also support the arguments made by voting and immigrant rights organizations that the portion of non-citizen immigrants who participate in U.S. elections is quite small. Indeed, given the extraordinary efforts made by the Obama and McCain campaigns to mobilize voters in 2008, the relatively small portion of non-citizens who voted in 2008 likely exceeded the portion of non-citizens voting in other recent U.S. elections.

Our results also suggest that photo-identification requirements are unlikely to be effective at preventing electoral participation by non-citizen immigrants: In 2008, more than two thirds of non-citizen immigrants who indicated that they were asked to show photo-identification reported that they went on to cast a vote. A potential response to the inefficacy of photo-id at preventing non-citizen voting is found in laws recently passed by Kansas and Arizona that require voter registrants to prove citizenship.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Results showed somewhere between 7.9% to 14.7% of non-citizens voted in the 2008 presidential election.

Conclusions from the study

Shaka needs to research this issue on illegal voting because it is a problem. We just don't know for sure, how much of a problem. While I don't think that illegals voting in Kansas has caused a problem in our state where our elections have been compromised, we have some states where it very well could be a problem and from a national perspective, could make a difference in Presidential elections. Therefore, I'm concerned for the integrity of our Presidential elections in the future, and this issue should be investigated.

As for the state of Kansas, there is no doubt in my mind that Brownback at this time, would never win the Republican nomination for Governor (would it be legal for him to run again) in Kansas because we have some very good candidates. However, the closest person to his policies would be Kobach, so he would be our worst nightmare. As I said, fortunately, it appears that we have some very good candidates running (I also thought the same thing regarding Trump being nominated so I say this with caution). Therefore, I would never for Kobach and he would be the worst thing to happen to Kansas since Brownback, but do feel good about the other Republican candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X