Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Why do you think it's a witch hunt? Did he or did he not lie about meeting with Russia. His team is all in with Russia. I guess I don't understand why you don't want it investigated. Why don't you go investigate his business deal in Azerbaijan. Did he do a deal with a group that funds terrorist? Wouldn't that concern you?
    Just as much as it concerned me when I found out Huma Abadein's mom publishes an extremist Islamic newspaper.

Looks like both of them like to play around the terrorists and then play the denial game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      As a conservative, I'm pretty bummed by the Republican health care bill. Rand Paul's description of Obamacare-lite seems apt.

They tried to treat a few symptoms but left the tumor completely intact. How is this the best we can muster after 8 years to plan?
      Yes.

Republicans are clueless as to how to go forward on this and are deeply divided. McConnel's deer-in-the headlights response yesterday reminded me of the Shockernet oft-repeated Nancy Pelosi quote regarding not having read the original Obamacare bill.

My prediction is this venture will fail, and it will fail because the moderates think it goes too far and the freedom caucus thinks it doesn't go far enough. This should have been worked out a long time ago, looking forward to the day the Republicans had an opportunity to do something about it.

Now it just looks as if they don't have their **** together.

Comment

As a conservative, I'm pretty bummed by the Republican health care bill. Rand Paul's description of Obamacare-lite seems apt.

They tried to treat a few symptoms but left the tumor completely intact. How is this the best we can muster after 8 years to plan?
        I don't think the majority of the Republicans believed that they would win. And then when they did, I don't think they took Trump at his word for putting pressure on them to actually get rid of the terrible law. I think the Republicans got caught saying what their constituents want to hear without having the balls to back up their big talk. Typical.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Donald Trump won 53% of white women at a time when a white woman was running to become the first female President. Let that sink in.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/07/a-...#ixzz4akzbOHiT

Comment

The dirty secret is our politicians know the only solution is to go single payer. They are still trying to figure out how to break it to us.

Comment

Why don't you go investigate his business deal in Azerbaijan.
              The FBI (and other intellegence agencies) are already doing an investigation(s). That is why the have been monitoring many in trumps circle.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                The dirty secret is our politicians know the only solution is to go single payer. They are still trying to figure out how to break it to us.
                I agree. I know there are a ton of libertarians on this board, but you have to ask yourself why we are the only developed country who does not provide health care to the population. If providing healthcare to citizens is not feasible as a government activity, then why are so many countries apparently not only able to provide the healthcare, but also provide it at a reasonable standard.

Seems to me there ought to be a way to do it and keep the Aetnas and United Healthcares out of it.

Since I'm getting close to retirement, I have adopted a more health-conscious lifestyle to prevent the advance of a medical condition for which I was diagnosed within the last year. I do not require any sort of medicine, not only to treat the condition, but also typical health issues related to someone my age (such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and gastro-intestinal issues). I have to do a LOT of exercise to keep the issue under control, but I really don't need a doc, my health grades out as about 8 years younger than it actually is, and I would feel perfectly comfortable without having medical insurance at all until I reach Medicare age.

No matter where this ends up, I don't see it having much impact on my life. I live a healthy lifestyle and have prepared myself in the event I don't have insurance for a couple of years. It's amazing what diet and exercise can do for a person.

The same can't be said for others my age. Funny thing about it, some of them are conservative republicans who probably hate Obamacare as much as many who post here. Funnier thing is that some of them have my exact same situation, but have not done anything to keep themselves healthy and are now starting to suffer complications which would result in them being up **** Creek without a paddle if they lost their corporate health insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  I agree. I know there are a ton of libertarians on this board, but you have to ask yourself why we are the only developed country who does not provide health care to the population. If providing healthcare to citizens is not feasible as a government activity, then why are so many countries apparently not only able to provide the healthcare, but also provide it at a reasonable standard.

Seems to me there ought to be a way to do it and keep the Aetnas and United Healthcares out of it.

Since I'm getting close to retirement, I have adopted a more health-conscious lifestyle to prevent the advance of a medical condition for which I was diagnosed within the last year. I do not require any sort of medicine, not only to treat the condition, but also typical health issues related to someone my age (such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and gastro-intestinal issues). I have to do a LOT of exercise to keep the issue under control, but I really don't need a doc, my health grades out as about 8 years younger than it actually is, and I would feel perfectly comfortable without having medical insurance at all until I reach Medicare age.

No matter where this ends up, I don't see it having much impact on my life. I live a healthy lifestyle and have prepared myself in the event I don't have insurance for a couple of years. It's amazing what diet and exercise can do for a person.

The same can't be said for others my age. Funny thing about it, some of them are conservative republicans who probably hate Obamacare as much as many who post here. Funnier thing is that some of them have my exact same situation, but have not done anything to keep themselves healthy and are now starting to suffer complications which would result in them being up **** Creek without a paddle if they lost their corporate health insurance.
                  No other country has the same standard of care that we have in the good ol USA. If we want to adopt a single payer system, we will either have to pay for it out the wazoo or decrease OUR standard of care. Ever been treated for a broken arm in Europe? It's free, but it hurts like hell for the 9 hours in the waiting room.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

This is simply not true. I have family in 4 european countries all of which have universal healthcare and not one of them has to wait for emergency care. Biggest wait was for yearly physical which was 1 week and I've had a 4 day wait here in the usa for strep earlier this year.
                    I guess they were just being dicks to me.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• I broke my foot in disgusting fashion abroad in 2013 and my bill for a trip to the hospital, including x-rays, removal of some debris and local anesthesics, stitches, brace and a follow up appointment, was under $400. Service was really good. It blew my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        No other country has the same standard of care that we have in the good ol USA. If we want to adopt a single payer system, we will either have to pay for it out the wazoo or decrease OUR standard of care. Ever been treated for a broken arm in Europe? It's free, but it hurts like hell for the 9 hours in the waiting room.
                        I had to be admitted to the hospital here in Houston (and home of one of the largest medical center districts in the world). I went in at 6 p.m. and was finally admitted at 2 in the morning.

That was 8 hours. Maybe if you had an accident and were in serious need of medical attention you wouldn't wait as long. My condition was more serious than a broken arm, and it could have been life threatening, but it wasn't. I don't want to go into particulars, but just so you know, I spent 4 days in the hospital. You wouldn't be admitted to a hospital for 4 days for a broken arm, unless you had gangrene or sepsis or something else that was a complication on top of the broken arm.

It's a myth that our healthcare is the best in the world. It's not a myth that it is the most expensive in the world.

By the way, if I had presented myself at an emergency clinic owned by the same hospital group in River Oaks (the wealthy part of town) staff told me I would have been admitted in 4 hours. So now I'm wondering if ability to pay factors into this as well.

Comment

I had to be admitted to the hospital here in Houston (and home of one of the largest medical center districts in the world). I went in at 6 p.m. and was finally admitted at 2 in the morning.
                          So somewhere between 22% to 55% more efficient then the Euro example? Not bad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            If wufan waited 9 hours for service and shocka khan waited 8 hours for that same service, then how much more efficient was the service shocka received than what wufan received?

I think you need to recalculate or show your work. I got 11.11111%, which is 1/9th.

Maybe you need another cup of coffee, it works for me when I have cobwebs in the morning.

Comment

If wufan waited 9 hours for service and shocka khan waited 8 hours for that same service, then how much more efficient was the service shocka received than what wufan received?

I think you need to recalculate or show your work. I got 11.11111%, which is 1/9th.

Maybe you need another cup of coffee, it works for me when I have cobwebs in the morning.
                              You went in on daylight savings time, didn't you know?

11.11% (worst case) to 55% (best case) is pretty darn good improvement! What does that average out to?

Comment

• Quote Originally Posted by Kung Wu View Post

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                You went in on daylight savings time, didn't you know?

11.11% (worst case) to 55% (best case) is pretty darn good improvement! What does that average out to?
                                I appreciate your humor, it's really good. Don't ask me about your math this morning, though!

Comment

Working...
                                X