Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    If it's just the media that's making up and concentrating so much on "the Russia thing", then why is the Republican-controlled Senate going to subpeona Kushner and Junior if they don't volunteer to testify before the Senate?
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Well, to Ryan. Did this board have discussion about McCarthy and Ryan's conversation a while back? Highlights below:

Ryan: He basically ... he has this really interesting riff about ... people have said that they have Ukraine fatigue, and it's really Russian fatigue because what Russia is doing is doing to us, financing our populists, financing people in our governments to undo our governments, you know, messing with our oil and gas energy, all the things Russia does to basically blow up our country, they're just going to roll right through us and go to the Baltics and everyone else.

McCarthy: The Russians hacked the DNC and got the opp research they had on Trump.
      McCarthy: Laughs
      [Crosstalk]
      Ryan: The Russian's hacked the DNC ...
      McHenry: ... to get oppo ...
      Ryan: ... on Trump and delivered it to ... to who?
      [Unintelligible]
      McCarthy: There's ... there's two people, I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump ... [laughter] ... swear to God.
      Ryan: This is off the record [laughter] ... NO LEAKS ... [laughter] ... alright?
      [Laughter]
      Ryan: This is how we know we're a real family here.
      Ryan: What's said in the family stays in the family.
      There are some reports that Ryan and the broader GOP is involved with a RICO case (involving an FBI raid of Strategic Campaign Group, a GOP Super-PAC in Annapolis) with allegations involving laundered Russian money.

Most likely, if Trump ever faces legal pressure it will be based on finance rather than collusion. Reports yesterday were that he was especially concerned about Mueller having access to his taxes (which of course Trump has gone to great lengths to keep private), and the rumor is that Trump laundered Russian money through his shell companies (largely in real estate sells).

Comment

• It's never a brilliant strategy to tell someone investigating you what they should not look at.

Comment

• Wichitan won national contest, was disqualified for supporting Trump, she says... :(

"My launch party [and my brand] celebrates many things that Trump is against,” the celebrity went on to say, according to the screenshots. “And I just need you to know that I personally have a hard time with inviting anyone who would support such an anti-feminist, anti-homosexual/LGBT, anti-immigrant, and anti-climate change fascist such as Trump.”

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            We obviously disagree on huge portions of this, and we're not really going to get to a resolution.

Most fundamentally, though, we disagree on the definition of the word intersectionality. Intersectionality is not "white people are biased and don't understand." Even the portion you quote is not intersectionality.

Later in the article, she says

That is intersectionality. I believe it is only related at the fringe (as in, they both discuss prejudice, power, etc.) to what you're proposing.
            We do disagree on the definition on intersectionality, and yes, we are unlikely to come to an agreement on it. That said, I think it's an important topic (obviously) and very much appreciate the engagement in open dialogue.

The definition of Intersectionality is certainly not that white people are biased and don't understand, however that is the end result of intersectionality. If all interactions are placed within the framework of oppression, then the level of oppression, or lack there of, by the opining individual the standard by which the opinion is given credit or is discredited. It is not whether or not the idea is good, it's whether or not it can be seen as valid based on the framework of oppression from which it is espoused.

Pull away the "framework of oppression", which is a key to the theory, and you get a benign tool to discern motive based on experience. As long as you have the framework included, you have an answer granted that is based on level of oppression.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Kasowitz and Corallo resign as it looks more and more likely Sessions' days are numbered as a result of his recusal from Mueller's investigation.

This will be a doozy if Trump shitcans the AG in order to appoint a successor who would directly supervise that inquiry. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                It's never a brilliant strategy to tell someone investigating you what they should not look at.
                Well according to trump he can pardon anybody, his family, his friends, even himself......

Comment

• This is the real problem (besides the sickening lack of beer posts on this thread) with the U.S.A.
                  I remember when W took office the per citizen debt was $12K.
                  Continuously Updated US National Debt Clock Real Time US Debt Clock, Mortgage Calculator, Loan Calculator

not pretty
                  For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                  - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                    This is the real problem (besides the sickening lack of beer posts on this thread) with the U.S.A.
                    Continuously Updated US National Debt Clock Real Time US Debt Clock, Mortgage Calculator, Loan Calculator

not pretty
                    Even more remarkable when considered in tandem with the explosion of the Fed's balance sheet. We are levered to the gills.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                      This is the real problem (besides the sickening lack of beer posts on this thread) with the U.S.A.

not pretty
                      At one point the amount of currency needed to avoid bankrupting essentially the entire financial industry was the amount of currency in circulation. To bail out the financial institutions without government intervention would have required every US citizen to turn over 100% of their currency (which includes money in banks, CD's, etc - not investments) to the financial industry.

To keep the financial industry afloat, the government had to either print or borrow an amount equal to the total of all currency in circulation at that time. That produces a predictor of 100% inflation over a period of a few years. The fact that this was done without crippling inflation is remarkable.

In looking at the effect all that money had on various areas of the economy, wages didn't go up, but the stock market soared. That indicates the government's borrowings ended up in the stock market, creating wealth for those who had investments there. The stock market more than doubled in value.
                      Last edited by Aargh; July 22, 2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• From the new WH Director of Communications, it sounds like the interview with him had Trump telling him something to the effect of, "You've got to get the word out there about the great job I'm doing". That seems to be the new guy's primary objective.

I'll eventually learn his name. I know it starts with "Scara..", but after that, right now it's just a jumble of letters.

Comment

• He has been on CNBC for many years. A very smooth, effective communicator.

It is an odd contrast with Ms. Huckabee Sanders, aka the Craig Steven of press secretaries.

Comment

• Scaramucci. Will he do the Fandango?
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Looks like we're supposedly headed for a vote this week to bring the House health care bill from the Spring to the floor of the Senate for debate.

The more the President and the Senate leadership double down on this, the harder it is to walk away or do a substantial rewrite.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X