Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
    What steps is Trump taking to shrink the role of the federal government in our lives, the Republican's stated mantra? So far all I've seen is an attempted expansion of federal power, stymied only by the Trump team's own incompetence.
    How has he tried to expand federal power? The only things I can think of that he has increased the number of border patrol agents.

He has instituted a hiring freeze on almost all federal agencies until he can find out what positions need to be eliminated or filled. He has the executive order on two old regulations being abolished when a new one gets added. He's demolished the TPP which was written by 500 lobbyists and would've granted frightening powers to global corporations. He has the executive order on banning government employees from becoming a lobbyists for a number of years, I think it was 5 years. Repeal & replace Obamacare is yet to be seen. He has talked about taking a look at minimizing our roles in the U.N., NAFTA & NATO.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
      He's demolished the TPP which was written by 500 lobbyists and would've granted frightening powers to global corporations.
      That would be the info you get when you just accept what you're fed. Eliminating the TPP may have a big negative on export business from Kansas. Just one example: Before TPP, Japan had a 38.5% tariff on beef imported from the USA. Under TPP, the tariff would have been reduced to 9%. Similar things happened to other agricultural exports throughout the Pacific rim. TPP had the potential to positively impact exports from Kansas. Eliminating it has the potential to negatively impact already low prices for Kansas agricultural products.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        Somwebody get this survey to Kris Kobach. If it was done 3 years ago and he hasn't been trotting it out and quoting it repeatedly to get his laws passed, he may not have heard of it yet. It's the kind of thing he would love to see, so could someone point it out to him?

I am amazed to hear of this first on ShockerNet instead of from our Secretary of State's office. Trump hasn't even mentioned it. The way people who support the results have ignored it, it's as if it never existed until it appeared in the cited reference.

And here's another one from a left-leaning citadel. It seems to be pretty a fairly common sense stance (for once):

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          That would be the info you get when you just accept what you're fed. Eliminating the TPP may have a big negative on export business from Kansas. Just one example: Before TPP, Japan had a 38.5% tariff on beef imported from the USA. Under TPP, the tariff would have been reduced to 9%. Similar things happened to other agricultural exports throughout the Pacific rim. TPP had the potential to positively impact exports from Kansas. Eliminating it has the potential to negatively impact already low prices for Kansas agricultural products.
          If it was that simple it would have 100% support from both aisles. There is a reason the unions cheered its demise, it was bad for American workers. Trump believes better deals can be struck bi-laterally and I'm hopeful he's correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
            How has he tried to expand federal power? The only things I can think of that he has increased the number of border patrol agents.

He has instituted a hiring freeze on almost all federal agencies until he can find out what positions need to be eliminated or filled. He has the executive order on two old regulations being abolished when a new one gets added. He's demolished the TPP which was written by 500 lobbyists and would've granted frightening powers to global corporations. He has the executive order on banning government employees from becoming a lobbyists for a number of years, I think it was 5 years. Repeal & replace Obamacare is yet to be seen. He has talked about taking a look at minimizing our roles in the U.N., NAFTA & NATO.

Maybe I'm missing something?
            Planned expansion of military.
            Planned expenditure of significant infrastructure projects.
            De facto limits on freedom of religion.
            Limit of the free press through planned broadening of libel law.
            Government intervention in the free market by executive fiat.
            Limitation of free trade.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Planned expansion of military.
              Planned expenditure of significant infrastructure projects.
              De facto limits on freedom of religion.
              Limit of the free press through planned broadening of libel law.
              Government intervention in the free market by executive fiat.
              Limitation of free trade.
              Restoring defense to acceptable levels is certainly deplorable.

Nobody wants to stay at home simply because there are no passenger trains, airports are deteriorating and need repair and highways are in disrepair.

De facto limit on, what, Islam?, I haven't seen it, yet

Guess we need to define free market. Taxes and tariffs are part and parcel of free market business and tbusiness can make their own decision, just like any negotiations

Limit of free trade or change /improve trade opportunities. Guess we'll wait and see.

Change may be good or it may be bad or it may be neutral. There is no reason to assume it will automatically be worse
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• U-N-I-T-Y:

President Donald Trump pledged Tuesday to combat bigotry and unite what he called a “divided country” after wrapping up his first visit to the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

Comment

• Trump - "I am the least anti-semitic person you've ever seen in your entire life"
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• They live and breed among us...

Tucker Carlson’s face is hilarious during this interview; he can’t believe what he’s hearing from this ditz.

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      They live and breed among us...

Tucker Carlson’s face is hilarious during this interview; he can’t believe what he’s hearing from this ditz.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/2...s-trump-hitler
                      That's a dangerous person there. She'd blow some stuff up if given the chance.

Comment

• It's beyond odd to me that it's socially acceptable to say our President is racist and Hitler like and we'll explore those claims, but someone like this, who actually is a danger to society is given a pass.

Comment

• Too good not to share…

Even the MSNBC anchor is ‘shocked’ by Maxine Waters’ comments.

Breaking News, Latest News and Current News from FOXNews.com. Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.

Honest Abe said it best:
                          “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Comment

They live and breed among us...

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/2...s-trump-hitler
                              That was pretty comical. I liked it at the end when he said something along the lines "It was hedge fund managers and people of privilege like you who opposed him." Tucker's pretty good at clowning these pyschos.

I'd be willing to bet money she lives in an posh apartment in the Village decked out with Che Guevara art and has at least 5 cats.

Comment

Too good not to share…

Even the MSNBC anchor is ‘shocked’ by Maxine Waters’ comments.

Honest Abe said it best:
                                “Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt”
                                Lol Maxine Waters is borderline mentally retarded. I'd be surprised if she had an IQ above 70. Every time they give her camera time, it's always comedy gold. Hilarious, but scary there are actually people that elected her to be their representative.

Comment

Working...
                                X