Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seskridge
    Trump wants to reduce epa regulations that hurt the economy. Hope you trump fans like dirty water and polluted air.
    Reduce regulations or reduce bureaucracy? Another example of someone who gets their news from Facebook headlines...Here's something you can read....http://www.perc.org/blog/epa-budget-...mental-quality

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Reduce regulations or reduce bureaucracy? Another example of someone who gets their news from Facebook headlines...Here's something you can read....http://www.perc.org/blog/epa-budget-...mental-quality
      That's honestly one of the silliest arguments I've heard on this topic. The author says, "Consider the figure above, which shows that since 1980, the EPA’s budget (adjusted for inflation) has remained relatively flat, yet air quality continually improved."

That is what you would expect in a long-term project, for a variety of reasons. First, we have technological improvements. Second, ideally, you front-load things like research. And third, why would improvement ever be your metric for decreasing a budget? If I hire a cleaning crew, and they keep cleaning my house week after week for years, I don't stop them five years in and say "Hey, why is my house still getting clean? I should probably pay you less..."

Comment

• Dirty water, polluted air and lying I can accept.

Eating a fine aged New York strip well done with ketchup officially crosses the line though. Just get a dang hamburger! If you are ever feeling froggy, jump your way to western Kansas and order a steak with A-1 sauce. It will get you run out of town by a mob with pitchforks.

Comment

• Show me something that says our President wants to increase pollution in our water and air. A lot of hand wringing going on with the leftists.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Higgins View Post
            Dirty water, polluted air and lying I can accept.

Eating a fine aged New York strip well done with ketchup officially crosses the line though. Just get a dang hamburger! If you are ever feeling froggy, jump your way to western Kansas and order a steak with A-1 sauce. It will get you run out of town by a mob with pitchforks.
            In all fairness, if you screw the pooch and get your steak well done, the only way that bad boy can be eaten is with some A1.

A1 should be kept in the first-aid kit.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              That's honestly one of the silliest arguments I've heard on this topic. The author says, "Consider the figure above, which shows that since 1980, the EPA’s budget (adjusted for inflation) has remained relatively flat, yet air quality continually improved."

That is what you would expect in a long-term project, for a variety of reasons. First, we have technological improvements. Second, ideally, you front-load things like research. And third, why would improvement ever be your metric for decreasing a budget? If I hire a cleaning crew, and they keep cleaning my house week after week for years, I don't stop them five years in and say "Hey, why is my house still getting clean? I should probably pay you less..."
              Maybe go leas times per week/month?

Comment

Umm, they took away stream protection act.
                You mean the act that was only a month old?

Comment

• Why the hysteria?

Comment

Trump wants to reduce epa regulations that hurt the economy. Hope you trump fans like dirty water and polluted air.
                    Yeah beecause Flint, MI had the world's cleanest water during the Obama administration. If only we had an EPA army full of bureaucrats 5 times the size it is now the utopia would be complete!!!!!!

Comment

So to make flint better you cut the epa? That makes sense... lol.
                      The EPA is an agency of 15,000+ employees and that's just that agency alone. If 15,000 enviro-brownshirts can't fix the problems, how many will? Because every government agency created is just so great at what it was created for. Department of Education has up to 4,000 employees and it's resulted in making what was once the greatest education system in the world now, what 17th in the world in educational performance?

Maybe we should have a U.S. Department of Failure Assessment to assess all of the failure in each government agency? The more artificial jobs the better right? lol.

Wichita doesn't have that awesome, streamlined mass transit system yet. Hopefully we can create an agency for that. Until then, THANK GOD we have you and your Prius with the COEXIST sticker to virtue signal and guilt the rest of us heathen into submission.

Comment

• Who gave D. Brazille the debate question/s? Did they ever find out?

Comment

They already got rid of the stream protection rule. And while you can't eliminate all pollution, if we had a better mass transit system in Wichita and the u.s. I would gladly ride that.

Again, why don't you all attack trump on his lies? You all will defend him to the death. Party over country.
                          I'm all for less EPA.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Why the us vs them thing? Can't i like certain things about rep and demo and not like certain things about both parties? Don't assume I'm one thing when I'm not. When people do the us vs them thing it makes them sound rather stupid and shows they aren't using critical thinking skills as there is positives and negatives in each party.
                            You're absolutely right. As soon as I read what I typed, I realized I was making it too personal and made an unfair characterization about somebody I don't know. For that I am genuinely sorry. I could have conveyed my disagreement respectfully without the other stuff.

To be fair though, Trump supporters aren't uneducated bumpkins who want sewage in the drinking water. We just don't think the government is the answer for everything, and more often than not create more problems through their "solutions" that are more about control.

Anyways, I apologize for being rude. Go Shockers.

Comment

Why the us vs them thing? Can't i like certain things about rep and demo and not like certain things about both parties? Don't assume I'm one thing when I'm not. When people do the us vs them thing it makes them sound rather stupid and shows they aren't using critical thinking skills as there is positives and negatives in each party.
                              I totally agree. Unfortunately, it seems to be the vogue thing to do whether it's Trump, some very vocal Dems in Congress, Hollywood, media, and so forth. The more cynically vocal the far left gets, the more cynically vocal the far right gets. The more this goes on, the more those between these two start taking sides and join the fray. Workable common ground is getting smaller every day.

The left can't believe Trump got the Presidency. Well, neither can I and some other conservatives on this board who wanted nothing to do with Trump or Clinton so it wasn't our fault. If we had voted for Trump, the Dems might not have been able to throw that pointless "but you didn't win the popular vote" garbage. But they don't think of that. So just maybe they need to be more critical of themselves and how this happened instead of going down the road of just bad mouthing Trump which, in turn, bad mouths all those who voted for him (or was just against the Dems positions).

Comment

I appreciate you tried to be bipartisan here but let's think, did the rep get vocal after Obama got elected? Yes! (Tea party). So the division in the country didn't begin or rest solely on either party unlike how you propose that it was the dems fault.

Just because I bad mouth trump does not think I am bad mouthing his voters. I'm not going to sing trumps praises just because he is the president. The man, more so than other presidents, needs resistance or power will go to his head.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X