Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Interestingly he has did a twitter poll of should he do the GOP debate - it is running 52% Yes, 48% No (40,202 votes). I think he is just a drama queen - he will be there.
    Ted Cruz voted ....NO

Comment

• Trump twitter poll has exploded - 76% yes, 24% No with 89,110 votes

Comment

• image.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Rubio says "thankyou" Donald -- he looks like the winner of tonight debate.

Comment

• Last night's winners were Megyn Kelly, Jeb!, and Donald Trump. Rubio and Paul did OK. Loser: Ted Cruz.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• The best thing about Trump in the White House would be his wife.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Yesterday's fun quote from Trump when asked what he thought about Paul Ryan's statement that any GOP nominee must reject bigotry (following Trump's non-sensical performance on CNN where he stated he "didn't know anything about David Duke," later to be blamed on a "bad earpiece"):

I’m going to get along great with Congress, OK? Paul Ryan, I don’t know him well, but I’m sure I’m going to get along great with him, and if I don’t? He’s gonna have to pay a big price, OK?
                Solid message in response to such a controversial stand by Ryan against the Ku Klux Klan.

Comment

• I believe that Trump will build a wall on the Mexican border as much as I believed Obama when he blatantly lied about not supporting gay marriage while campaigning. That said, I do believe Trump will take a tougher stance on ILLEGAL immigration -- and the millions of jobs lost by Americans due to that disaster -- than Cruz or Rubio.

Thoughts?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• As divisive as our govt bodies are right now, the Senate and House have to agree with the President whoever it is. It sounds like the Senate may fall to the Dems. Trump will not do what Obsma did but he will still have to get agreement from Dems. If he deals he won't get what he wants. With Republicans divided, I'm pessimistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I believe that Trump will build a wall on the Mexican border as much as I believed Obama when he blatantly lied about not supporting gay marriage while campaigning. That said, I do believe Trump will take a tougher stance on ILLEGAL immigration -- and the millions of jobs lost by Americans due to that disaster -- than Cruz or Rubio.

Thoughts?
                      What specifically do you expect will get done?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        What specifically do you expect will get done?
                        Good question. I can't say what ANY of our candidates would do. Here's a few thoughts on things that would help, off the cuff:

Start by allowing ICE to start enforcing the laws on the books.

Create a culture of cooperation between Homeland Security and border states' LEO, instead of the anti-state LEO stance that Obama has taken.

Make sure that the criteria for deportations of criminals vs release of criminals back into the US population would be substantially tightened up -- probably institute a one-strike policy.

Increase technology along the border to assist in catching crossings, and then once they are caught have a program in place to immediately return them instead of releasing them into the US population with a "notice to appear in court" that is NEVER complied with.

There's plenty more that can be done ...

Comment

• How about we HAMMER those that hire illegals more severely? They would be less likely to come if jobs weren't being offered.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            How about we HAMMER those that hire illegals more severely? They would be less likely to come if jobs weren't being offered.
                            Because that makes just to damn much sense. And also mexicans are rapists and murderers

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I can't say what ANY of our candidates would do.
                              A great, succinct summary of why I often hate politics, and don't feel like I can get behind any of the candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                                How about we HAMMER those that hire illegals more severely? They would be less likely to come if jobs weren't being offered.
                                That's another example of letting the government do it's job.

The vast majority of illegals are using copies of legitimate IDs, and when submitted to e-Verify they are not being told they are fake (they aren't fake, but the system also isn't reporting that Jose Jiminez just took his 50th job this month). If the government does not make a concerted effort to verify the legitimacy of an ID, and inform the business, then how is the business supposed to know who is illegal and who isn't? The e-Verify system doesn't even require a PHOTO of the person. The government isn't even trying.

But ... on the flip side, the illegals work hard and cannot fall back on "unemployment". So at the lower end of the income spectrum, because of overgenerous welfare benefits, Americans don't give a crap about their jobs and actually hope to be fired so that they can go home and sit on their ass and collect a government check. The illegal works hard because he doesn't have that welfare check to fall back on. So ... the businesses want the Mexican dude that will work hard and be reliable and they aren't incentivized to press e-Verify to figure out if they have an illegal alien hiring problem.

This is an example of how welfare + illegal immigration is a disaster for Americans and a streamlined guest worker program becomes an important component of the solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X