No announcement yet.

2022 Mid-Term Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that Twitter labels this as "misleading" tells you all you need to know.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm not sure what I was looking at on 538, because on second look it's similar to rcp's take. Interesting.
      Tell me you wouldn't want this person representing you, wherever you lived.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

https://www.smileyforwashington.com/about
        Wow

Comment

• Vivek Ramaswamy @VivekGRamaswamy

The “Jim Crow 2.0” Georgia voting law decried by Coca-Cola and Delta is now followed by record-breaking voter turnout in that state. It turns out that people of all races know how to carry a driver’s license.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

https://www.smileyforwashington.com/about
            Oh I know. Stunning.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It's illegal for companies to push unsolicited bulk email to mobile phones with explicit opt-in prior. Not sure about political campaigns.

On one of them I have responded with STOP multiple times and I am still receiving their spam. I could sue their ass off, and it would be class action.

These political spam texts needs to stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  It's illegal for companies to push unsolicited bulk email to mobile phones with explicit opt-in prior. Not sure about political campaigns.

On one of them I have responded with STOP multiple times and I am still receiving their spam. I could sue their ass off, and it would be class action.

These political spam texts needs to stop.
                  The government made sure to exempt political ads, as well as non-profits, from being considered spam.

I've never responded with STOP, but they always do. Though I did have a nice conversation with someone on the Mann campaign about how both Mann and Kobach are shitty options for different reasons. That's the only one that had ever responded with anything other than a thank you or we'll remove you from the list, but it wasn't horrible.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Yeah, the Republicans in Kansas simply can't seem to come up with decent candidates for many of the state level races. But they only have themselves to blame for that. Time for conservative Kansas women to step up and save us. Do we have a Kari Lake or a Tiffany Smiley out there somewhere. I voted for Kellie Warren in the Republican AG primary and while she did okay losing to Kobach 42.2% to 38.0%. Tony Mattivi, who had 19.8% of the vote probably paved the way for the Kobach win.

My prediction is that Laura Kelley will win re-election. You have Mike Hayden and Bill Graves doing commercials on behalf of and endorsing Kelley plus you apparently have a bunch of out-of-state left wing money coming into the campaing of Independed Dennis Pyle who has been running a slew of ads primarily slamming Schmidt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      The government made sure to exempt political ads, as well as non-profits, from being considered spam.
                      It's not that simple. From the FCC website:

"As text messages generally go to mobile phones, robotexts require the called party's prior express consent. However, political text messages can be sent without the intended recipient’s prior consent if the message’s sender does not use autodialing technology to send such texts and instead manually dials them."

They have to manually send these text messages, and it's CLEAR in most cases they are not manually sending them.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I've never responded with STOP, but they always do. Though I did have a nice conversation with someone on the Mann campaign about how both Mann and Kobach are shitty options for different reasons. That's the only one that had ever responded with anything other than a thank you or we'll remove you from the list, but it wasn't horrible.
                      "Report Unwanted Calls and Texts

If you think you’ve received a political robocall or text that does not comply with the FCC’s rules, you can file an informal complaint with the FCC at fcc.gov/complaints. If you are receiving texts that you didn’t ask for, report the sender by forwarding the texts to 7726 (or "SPAM"). Campaigns should also honor opt-out requests if you reply "STOP."

At least one campaign is not honoring the STOP request. I should report them, but it'll be more beneficial to society and myself if I sue them -- and since my wife received the same freakin' texts I bet I can easily find a 10 other people to qualify it as class action.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        My prediction is that Laura Kelley will win re-election.
                        She's a mortal lock for a host of reasons.

Comment

• Yeah Kelly is going to win re-election. I still can't believe Kellie Warren didn't win the primary. It is what it is I guess.

As long as we can win back the House (and hopefully the Senate) the 2024 cycle sets up great for the GOP to codify the Senate power for themselves.

The GOP only have to defend seats in Wyoming, Utah, Nebraska, North Dakota, Missouri, Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas & Florida. Realistically, only Texas, Missouri and Florida are in play and all 3 the GOP have sizable leads, state wise.

They should have legitimate opportunities to pick up seats in Nevada, Arizona, Montana, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Ohio, Virginia, and outside chances at New Mexico, Washington, Minnesota, Michigan and Pennsylvania.

While still 2 years away (and of course it will be a Presidential election which can throw the whole thing into a cluster eff) one is hard pressed to see the GOP doing worse than a net pickup of 2 if things break awful....and the potential is certainly there for a 5+ seat gain for the GOP.

If I had to wager, I would take the GOP winning 4+ seats in 2024 vs just winning the Senate tomorrow.

If the GOP could get to 53 or 54 tomorrow, then a 60 seat super majority is absolutely in play for 2024.

Comment

• If you have anxiety, don’t read this article. American Democracy is threatened, if Republicans win the elections tomorrow. It ranks up there with pre WW2 fascism, and pre Civil War threats.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ocracy-threat/

Comment

• If you have anxiety, don’t read this article. American Democracy is threatened, if Republicans win the elections tomorrow. It ranks up there with pre WW2 fascism, and pre Civil War threats. The bright side is that we only have semi-fascism to worry about, and not Fascism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                If you have anxiety, don’t read this article. American Democracy is threatened, if Republicans win the elections tomorrow. It ranks up there with pre WW2 fascism, and pre Civil War threats. The bright side is that we only have semi-fascism to worry about, and not Fascism.

I briefly skimmed the article. What I gathered was that there was literally no examples or reasons why democracy is in danger or how. But rather, experts and hisrorians said it was and here is all the meetings these experts participated in with the White House and what they've done in the past.

If after the first 15 paragraphs they actually had any meat in the article, I missed it.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X