X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    These people vote. Maybe

https://youtu.be/FVPCGA6IJXY
    Those guys youtube channel is actually pretty funny. They make an argument that Biden is a bot.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Why am I 100% convinced the person at 4:35 actually DID graduate college?

#Canceltheircollegeloans
      Over the top transsexual shtick?

Comment

Prediction: Liz Chaney loses tonight, becomes a Democrat next spring, and is on the national ticket in 2024.

Comment

What Wyoming voters did to Miss Piggy - With 88% of the vote in Miss Harriet 66% to 29% for Miss Piggy:

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Prediction: Liz Chaney loses tonight, becomes a Democrat next spring, and is on the national ticket in 2024.
            I do not see Liz becoming a Democrat. She is way too conservative to do that.

Comment

She already said she wouldn’t switch. She just is swampy and hates trump.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I just want someone to walk me through our democracy being in jeopardy. Cause I don't see it. Furthermore, I see more of an affront to that democracy being a never-ending ruling class getting wealthier and wealthier at the helm of the federal government for decades and decades, usurping more power and freedom from average Americans. And when the citizenry participates in that democracy by exercizing their constitutional right of voting and removing them, said establishment throws a hissy fit and cries bloody murder. These people don't see themselves as servants, they are rulers. They remain unaffected and insulated from their bad policies due to the wealth they have ammassed from government and that is the threat to democracy.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

What would happen if a presidential nominee chose a moderate from across the aisle to be their running mate? Could it work?

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    What would happen if a presidential nominee chose a moderate from across the aisle to be their running mate? Could it work?
                    Sure it could. I don’t think there’s a place for that though as the VPs job description has been written to promote the presidents agenda.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      what's a moderate?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

what's a moderate?
                        Someone that you disagree with most of the time.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Odd on the Senate is now 40%. Projections have Democrats 51, Republican 49 (-1).

Odds on the House has dropped to 79%. Projection being Republican 228 to Democrats 207 (-3).

Two weeks later, Senate Odds drop to 35% for Republicans. Still a Dem 51, Rep 49.

House is now 78% for the Republicans. Republicans look to get 220 for sure, with 12 seats being tossups. The Generic ballot looks really bad for the republicans - but not sure it means anything, because NY is not voting for Kansas.

generic ballot.jpg

Biden popularity had hit a all time low at 37.5% in mid-July, but now has continued to climb to average of 41.9% (w/latest polls at 41-44%).

Now it will be interesting if the student loan fiasco wakes up people

Comment

I saw tonight where Sarah Palin lost a special election in Alaska to fill the unexpired term of Don Young. She lost to a Democrat. I don't know if this particular race has any national implications. Sarah is definitely a lightning rod and they use ranked choice voting in Alaska. Apparently she and the other top Republican running don't get along very well. Having said all of that, they also said that it is the first time in 50 years that a Democrat has won the Alaska Congressional seat.

The race itself doesn't really mean much. The winner will fill the unexpired seat for next 4 months (Congress probably won't even meet much in that time period). The same candidates are running right now to fill the full 2 year term, which will be voted on in November. So Sarah or the other Republican could very well win the seat back on November 8.

Comment

I think the lesson of Palin's loss in this special election is that it is not wise for a party to run more than one candidate when ranked choice voting is being used. Time for Begich to withdraw since he appears to be the voters 2nd choice among Republicans.

OTOH, the Alaska voters deserve what to get what they voted for goog and hard.

Will see if the outcome is any different in November although not sure there is any reason to believe things will change since it's the same group on the ballot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                I think the lesson of Palin's loss in this special election is that it is not wise for a party to run more than one candidate when ranked choice voting is being used. Time for Begich to withdraw since he appears to be the voters 2nd choice among Republicans.
                                This really shouldn't impact ranked choice voting as if you're a republican or lean that way you'd vote R1, R2 then D1. D1 still has to achieve over 50% of the vote to win. So even if someone voted R2, R1, D1, the D1 wouldn't be gaining any more votes as R1 would get the R2 votes in the next round.

The results of this election tell me that either the D1 was seen as better than R2 by most people, or better than both R1 and R2 by the majority. And being a special election, it's also possible fewer people actually voted and that may have skewed things in favor of D1.

The whole purpose of ranked choice voting is so that there is no spoiler aspect and that whoever wins will have 50% +1 vote at least and the support of the majority, even if they were the 2nd option of many. It essentially prevents people from winning who less than half the voters actually like. There is no splitting of votes like many claim during most elections that don't use ranked choice. It's also why a lot of politicians in Washington get there with less than 50%, unless there are only two candidates running.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X