X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Biden's strategy -- that you are enthusiastically parroting -- is ensuring Russian victory and maximizing the deaths of Ukrainian civilians. You cannot win a war with defense only. All that will do is delay, until they have starved themselves to death. Once surrounded there will be no way to resupply individual cities with life sustaining supplies. Putin doesn't even need to attack or lose many troops; just surround his desired city, cutting off supply routes, and sit back and wait.
    I have no clue what Biden's strategy is. This is my strategy. A stifling defensive posture is the best game theory move here (all things considered) I believe. And a defensive posture would include keeping supply/humanitarian paths open.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I think it makes political/strategic sense to continue to supply "defensive" weaponry only. If we're gonna roll tanks and jets up in there, we may as well do the job ourselves as that's what it will look like to the Ruskies. If we give them enough AA and drones, a trip into major Ukrainian cities is gonna feel like walking into a buzz saw. Sometimes the best offense is a good defense. How much is Pootin' willing to sacrifice?
    Biden's strategy -- that you are enthusiastically parroting -- is ensuring Russian victory and maximizing the deaths of Ukrainian civilians. You cannot win a war with defense only. All that will do is delay, until they have starved themselves to death. Once surrounded there will be no way to resupply individual cities with life sustaining supplies. Putin doesn't even need to attack or lose many troops; just surround his desired city, cutting off supply routes, and sit back and wait.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

I think it makes political/strategic sense to continue to supply "defensive" weaponry only. If we're gonna roll tanks and jets up in there, we may as well do the job ourselves as that's what it will look like to the Ruskies. If we give them enough AA and drones, a trip into major Ukrainian cities is gonna feel like walking into a buzz saw. Sometimes the best offense is a good defense. How much is Pootin' willing to sacrifice?

I think the U.S. (and the rest of the free world) need to really go all out on educating the citizens of Russia. They are still widely misinformed. Short wave radio, OTA television channels, Wi-Fi, or whatever else can be beamed into their country. I suspect all the dead Russians being shipped back home are being used for maximum propagandistic effect by their sick bastard leader.
    Due to Russia invading Ukraine, isn't every weapon we give them a defensive weapon?

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied

I think the U.S. (and the rest of the free world) need to really go all out on educating the citizens of Russia. They are still widely misinformed. Short wave radio, OTA television channels, Wi-Fi, or whatever else can be beamed into their country. I suspect all the dead Russians being shipped back home are being used for maximum propagandistic effect by their sick bastard leader.
    they don't have access to CNN?

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So you don't want the Ukrainians to win, you just want them to last longer?

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied

I would give the Ukrainians enough defensive weaponry that they'd be able to fight the rest of the war from their basements. I'm talking massive anti-air/anti-missile batteries and enough drones to blacken the sky. **** this sadistic ****.
    So you don't want the Ukrainians to win, you just want them to last longer?

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Russia sends US a formal diplomatic note

The threat I assume is that they might launch a cyber warfare campaign against the U.S. infrastructure.
    I would give the Ukrainians enough defensive weaponry that they'd be able to fight the rest of the war from their basements. I'm talking massive anti-air/anti-missile batteries and enough drones to blacken the sky. **** this sadistic ****.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Russia sends US a formal diplomatic note

ussia has sent a formal letter to the U.S. warning that shipments of sensitive weapons from the United States and NATO were exacerbating tensions in Ukraine and could lead to “unpredictable consequences,”
    The threat I assume is that they might launch a cyber warfare campaign against the U.S. infrastructure.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

No need. I have well-developed calluses.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You better start using volumes of moisturizer to repair those callused hands from patting yourself on the back so much.
    No need. I have well-developed calluses.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    It's okay guys... calm down. I know it's upsetting that you didn't hear it from Hannity first. I know it's uncomfortable to be continually prodded to wake up to the true reality of things. I know it's much easier to be spoon fed your thoughts so you can go about your lives. But nobody is without sin. Nobody has all the truth (well, CB works hard to maintain 98.67% of it).

Indoctrination, groupthink, tribablism, are very real phenomenon that not only flourish in this fine forum, they are what allow the Russian people to be handled by a very small group of amoral billionaires.

Independent, free-thinking people who are willing to PERSONALLY investigate the facts in EVERY life situation have such an advantage over the rest of civilization it's almost unreal. Won't you unplug and join this exclusive club of ours today? A warning though, it doesn't come without a price. Ignorance is truly bliss - in the way that a herd of sheep are blissful...
    You better start using volumes of moisturizer to repair those callused hands from patting yourself on the back so much.

Leave a comment:

• SHOXAAC
    replied
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aine-neo-nazis

Azov fighters are Ukraine's greatest weapon and may be its greatest threat (9/10/2014)

The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't...
    We do know you pretty well!

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    The battalion's far-right volunteers' desire to 'bring the fight to Kiev' is a danger to post-conflict stability

Azov fighters are Ukraine's greatest weapon and may be its greatest threat (9/10/2014)

"I have nothing against Russian nationalists, or a great Russia," said Dmitry, as we sped through the dark Mariupol night in a pickup truck, a machine gunner positioned in the back. "But Putin's not even a Russian. Putin's a Jew."
    Dmitry – which he said is not his real name – is a native of east Ukraine and a member of the Azov battalion, a volunteer grouping that has been doing much of the frontline fighting in Ukraine's war with pro-Russia separatists. The Azov, one of many volunteer brigades to fight alongside the Ukrainian army in the east of the country, has developed a reputation for fearlessness in battle.

But there is an increasing worry that while the Azov and other volunteer battalions might be Ukraine's most potent and reliable force on the battlefield against the separatists, they also pose the most serious threat to the Ukrainian government, and perhaps even the state, when the conflict in the east is over. The Azov causes particular concern due to the far right, even neo-Nazi, leanings of many of its members.

Dmitry claimed not to be a Nazi, but waxed lyrical about Adolf Hitler as a military leader, and believes the Holocaust never happened. Not everyone in the Azov battalion thinks like Dmitry, but after speaking with dozens of its fighters and embedding on several missions during the past week in and around the strategic port city of Mariupol, the Guardian found many of them to have disturbing political views, and almost all to be intent on "bringing the fight to Kiev" when the war in the east is over.

The battalion's symbol is reminiscent of the Nazi Wolfsangel, though the battalion claims it is in fact meant to be the letters N and I crossed over each other, standing for "national idea". Many of its members have links with neo-Nazi groups, and even those who laughed off the idea that they are neo-Nazis did not give the most convincing denials.
    The devil you know may be better than the devil you don't...

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yes. and if you don't think there are a large amount of racists (white supremacists whatever) in Russia, then you don't know your wodka and I have several bridges in eastern Ukraine that I would like to sell you at a discount.
    There are racists everywhere. I have had direct interactions with one from Russia.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    It's okay guys... calm down. I know it's upsetting that you didn't hear it from Hannity first. I know it's uncomfortable to be continually prodded to wake up to the true reality of things. I know it's much easier to be spoon fed your thoughts so you can go about your lives. But nobody is without sin. Nobody has all the truth (well, CB works hard to maintain 98.67% of it).

Indoctrination, groupthink, tribablism, are very real phenomenon that not only flourish in this fine forum, they are what allow the Russian people to be handled by a very small group of amoral billionaires.

Independent, free-thinking people who are willing to PERSONALLY investigate the facts in EVERY life situation have such an advantage over the rest of civilization it's almost unreal. Won't you unplug and join this exclusive club of ours today? A warning though, it doesn't come without a price. Ignorance is truly bliss - in the way that a herd of sheep are blissful...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X