Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

What happened to the unvaxxed? I thought they were your, errrrrrr our common enemy. We can still be aggressive against them, right?
    No use crying over spilt milk my friend. The time to save the most lives has passed (unless we get a new virulent variant wave - please dear God no). The unvaxxed are taking care of themselves - currently dying at record numbers as we speak (https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/24/healt...ted/index.html). In fact, I just got a notification to attend an anti-vaxxer friend's memorial service. :-(

Comment

• It's happening! C'mon Russians! We are behind you. Be brave and stand up for your fellow Slavic brothers and sisters. Pootin's (my new name for the Russian 'hot gas" oligarch) actions, and the subsequent worldwide sanctions, have just made your suffering greater. And he's doing this all for personal vendettas. This attack IS NOT for the benefit of the Russian people. (As if they can hear me right now lol.)

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I did some looking. Yup, you're right.

https://twitter.com/DanCrenshawTX/st...xvmHPM5pQ&s=19
        Any oil supply imbalance at $100/bbl will be fairly quickly addressed. This price allows many kinds of expensive extraction practices to immediately make sense. North Dakotans are raising their hands in celebration as they sell the **** out of oil futures.

Comment

• My wife and I are scheduled to cruise the Baltic with 2 days in Saint Petersburg Russia and 3 ports in the Baltic states. We have had is scheduled for well over a year, but I don't think we will be taking it. The cruise line just notified us we can switch to a different itinerary if we would like.

Any ideas.

BTW I just purchased a Ukrainian flag to fly out from my porch.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
              My wife and I are scheduled to cruise the Baltic with 2 days in Saint Petersburg Russia and 3 ports in the Baltic states. We have had is scheduled for well over a year, but I don't think we will be taking it. The cruise line just notified us we can switch to a different itinerary if we would like.

Any ideas.

BTW I just purchased a Ukrainian flag to fly out from my porch.
              I would choose something in the black sea. I hear there are amazing firework shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Even in the face of complete and utter embarrassment, narcissists are NEVER wrong.
                Bingo.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Comment

• "To understand the Kremlin’s motivations in regard to its smaller, and relatively impoverished, neighbor, the key fact to know is that Russia supplies 40% of Europe’s heating-fuel supplies — namely, natural gas."

"To get it there, Russia relies mostly on two aging pipeline networks, one of which runs through Belarus and the other through Ukraine. For this, Russia pays Ukraine around $2 billion a year in transit fees."

"Russia is a petrostate and relies on oil and natural-gas sales for about 60% of its export revenue and 40% of its total budget expenditures. Any crimp on Russia’s ability to access the European market is a threat to its economic security."

I’m a former Moscow correspondent. Don’t let Vladimir Putin fool you: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is only about one thing. (msn.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• NATO just warned that Cyberattacks could trigger article 5

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg said Friday that cyberattacks could trigger Article 5 of the organization's charter, the so-called "commitment clause" that considers an attack on any NATO ally an attack on all.
                      Ukraine’s capital was preparing for battle Friday as the Russian advance reached the city and its leader issued a desperate plea to the outside world for help.

Comment

• Lisa Boothe Retweeted

Catturd ™ @catturd2
                        ·

When our enemies saw the Biden regime’s total debacle in Afghanistan - they knew they were dealing with incompetent morons and could do anything they wanted going forward.

Comment

• Guessing Ukraine could really use that 85 billion of military equipment Brandon left in Afghanistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Lisa Boothe Retweeted

Catturd ™ @catturd2
                            ·

When our enemies saw the Biden regime’s total debacle in Afghanistan - they knew they were dealing with incompetent morons and could do anything they wanted going forward.
                            today the state department said

State Department spokesperson pledges US will continue to work with Russia in areas of key interest (presumably the Iran nuclear deal and Kerry's climate change comments, among them). Then says Russia is a pariah.
                            makes your head about to explode

Comment

• oh, my

Comment

• The Ukrainians have a limited supply of munitions, so you have to wonder how long this level of resistance can last. Unfortunately the final stage of war will be a low level insurgency against the government that Russia installs.

I'm also thinking that in effect ethnic cleansing of the Ukraine will be taking place as millions of Ukrainian refugees flee to the West. On the surface this would fit into Putin's plan for the Ukraine. However millions more Ukrainians living in the West feeding men and munitions to support a Ukrainian insurgency would not.
                                Last edited by N Crestway; February 25, 2022, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X