Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    This may be the start of the false flag operation.
    It's so obvious it's embarrassing.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I'm mentally prepared for the Markets

and gas prices

Comment

• So is thing happening or not? I keep hearing a few days and that was almost a week ago.

Comment

• MSNBC's shoulders have to be getting sore carrying all this water for the Administration. Coverage this morning, including interview by the once marginally responsible and reliable Andrea Mitchell was flat out embarrassing.

#FalseFlag

They've carried more water for Biden/Harris than Gunga Din for crying out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

It's so obvious it's embarrassing.
            "Powerful explosion in Eastern Ukraine" - a pipeline is reported to be now burning.

Speaker of the Russian Duma says Russia doesn't want war, but Ukraine continued threats against Russian citizens living in the DPR and LPR is not acceptable and Russia will stand up for them.

Comment

• Biden just had a news conference and said all their intelligence points to the Russian invasion (on some Wednesday?).

Comment

• Uh huh.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A car bomb rocks the Ukrainian Separatist capital. Guess who car blew up - the head of the security for the separatists. A journalist for the Russia media just happened to be in the area and was able to immediately start reporting on this travesty.

Mass evacuation order by separatist leaders because of a fear of Ukrainian invasion.

The Donbas is the target. This is very much like the the apartment bombings in Moscow and elsewhere that were attributed to the Chechen rebels by Putin's newly installed government in 1999, and then used as a pretext to start the second Chechen war. The question is will he stop at the Donbas? His troop deployments around the Ukraine may by themselves effectively preclude a strong Ukrainian response to a "separatist" offensive in the Donbas.

Comment

• No worries. Kamala Harris is on the job in Germany now and vows to get to the root causes of Russian aggression towards Ukraine so the problems can be solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      No worries. Kamala Harris is on the job in Germany now and vows to get to the root causes of Russian aggression towards Ukraine so the problems can be solved.
                      When you hear the words 'root cause', know that this person has no real world experience or direct knowledge of the subject matter dealing with anything. They are parroting consultants and academia instruction on problem solving. It's what people who haven't got a clue say to sound smart and buy more time.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

When you hear the words 'root cause', know that this person has no real world experience or direct knowledge of the subject matter dealing with anything. They are parroting consultants and academia instruction on problem solving. It's what people who haven't got a clue say to sound smart and buy more time.
                        You are correct. I assume your are aware that I was making a parody of Heels Up Kamala's work on the U.S. Southern border and not quoting her on what she has said in Munich.

However here are a couple of gems from Munich:

Asked what US should be prepared to brace for if “war” happens, @VP Kamala Harris tells me Americans may have to “put ourselves out there” and may see energy costs rise. “But we are taking very specific and appropriate I believe steps to mitigate what that cost, if it happens.”

"I mean, listen guys, we're talking about the potential for war in Europe. I mean, let's really take a moment to understand the significance of what we're talking about."

Comment

• What Rough Beast Slouches Toward Munich?

Heading the U.S. delegation is Vice-President Kamala Harris, which hardly comforts me. She threatens severe economic sanctions against Russia if they invade. (But this is from the very same administration which has done so much to strengthen Putin’s hand -- for example, by scotching the Israeli gas pipeline to Europe, giving a thumbs up to the Russian gas pipeline to Europe and reducing in every possible way U.S. energy production, all of which enriches Russia.

Critics claim the entire business is a wag-the-dog scenario -- a distraction from the Democrats' (and the President’s) tumbling approval and disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal. They assert the contretemps on the eastern Ukraine border is a legitimate effort by the mostly Russian settlers there to rejoin Russia and not a false-flag operation. Moreover, they agree with Putin that we agreed not to expand NATO to Ukraine. This week the critics of the administration got a bombshell that supports Putin’s position. It was discovered by a professor at Boston University, unveiled by the German media, and is a clear indication that Germany will not be onboard whatever nitwittery Biden-Harris propose.

Contemporaneous records found in the UK national archives by Boston University political science professor Joshua Shifrinson and given to the German magazine Der Spiegel showed that on March 6, 1991 U.S., UK, French, and German foreign ministries indeed promised the then-Soviet Union “that we do not intend to benefit from the withdrawal of soviet troops from eastern Europe” and that “NATO should not expand to the east, either officially or unofficially.” This account with the copy of the document appears in the Soviet news service

The story was first carried in Der Spiegel and Die Welt. As Die Welt notes, the document supports the Russian claim.

That the document account surfaced on German media during the security conference is a sure bet to my mind that the Germans will have a political fight on their hands if they join in slouching with Biden-Harris to war over the right of NATO to expand by adding Ukraine to its ever-larger grab bag of weak states we defend.

I (the author think the German media has forced Germany’s hand and it will bolt and not stand with us. If it doesn’t go along, others will follow and the wag-the-dog effort will fail.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 20, 2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Ukraine is the hollow man of Europe

Why fight over a country whose birthrate is 1.23 children per female and with one of the world’s highest out-migration rates?

https://asiatimes.com/2022/01/ukrain...man-of-europe/

Ukraine is disappearing, for two reasons. It has one of the world’s lowest birth rates at just 1.23 children per female, and one of the world’s highest rates of out-migration. No other country has willed itself out of existence so decisively.

Ukraine’s demographic decline is so pronounced that it should be high on the list of strategic considerations. For what, and for whom, might NATO and Russia go to war?

Ukrainians vote with their feet. Nine million have work abroad, according to the National Security and Defense Council of the Ukraine, and 3.2 million have full-time jobs in other countries. There are only 21 million Ukrainians between the ages of 20 and 55, which suggests that more than two-fifths of prime working-age Ukrainians earn their living elsewhere.

I do not know whether this estimate includes half a million Ukrainian prostitutes working abroad since independence, according to one scholarly estimate.

Comment

• I wish the know nothings in the media would educate themselves about this issue. This is more than about Ukraine. I don't know if Russia will do an all out invasion or not, but if they do they are also coming for Moldova in my view. The eastern section of Moldova is an autonomous region called Transnistria that broke away from Moldova when the USSR collapsed. Transnistria is not recognized by any country, but it is a real place that is separate from Moldova. The reason they broke away was to become part of Russia, but the problem is that they don't border Russia, they border the Ukraine. Russia has troops in this region as well and some call it a pupet state for Russia.

You heard it here first, an invasion of Ukraine equals an invasion of Moldova too. If Russia does this than its clear that Putin wants to reform as much of the old Soviet empire that he can and make that his legacy. He already has strong alliances with Belarus and Kazakstan, as well as newer alliances with Armenia and Kyrgyzstan through the Eurasian Union formed in this past decade. Those countries are all former Soviet states.
                              Last edited by The Truth; February 20, 2022, 11:39 AM. Reason: Edited "no" to "know"
                              You can't handle the truth!

Get out of Dodge!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                                What Rough Beast Slouches Toward Munich?

https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...rd_munich.html

Heading the U.S. delegation is Vice-President Kamala Harris, which hardly comforts me. She threatens severe economic sanctions against Russia if they invade. (But this is from the very same administration which has done so much to strengthen Putin’s hand -- for example, by scotching the Israeli gas pipeline to Europe, giving a thumbs up to the Russian gas pipeline to Europe and reducing in every possible way U.S. energy production, all of which enriches Russia.

Critics claim the entire business is a wag-the-dog scenario -- a distraction from the Democrats' (and the President’s) tumbling approval and disastrous Afghanistan withdrawal. They assert the contretemps on the eastern Ukraine border is a legitimate effort by the mostly Russian settlers there to rejoin Russia and not a false-flag operation. Moreover, they agree with Putin that we agreed not to expand NATO to Ukraine. This week the critics of the administration got a bombshell that supports Putin’s position. It was discovered by a professor at Boston University, unveiled by the German media, and is a clear indication that Germany will not be onboard whatever nitwittery Biden-Harris propose.

Contemporaneous records found in the UK national archives by Boston University political science professor Joshua Shifrinson and given to the German magazine Der Spiegel showed that on March 6, 1991 U.S., UK, French, and German foreign ministries indeed promised the then-Soviet Union “that we do not intend to benefit from the withdrawal of soviet troops from eastern Europe” and that “NATO should not expand to the east, either officially or unofficially.” This account with the copy of the document appears in the Soviet news service

The story was first carried in Der Spiegel and Die Welt. As Die Welt notes, the document supports the Russian claim.

That the document account surfaced on German media during the security conference is a sure bet to my mind that the Germans will have a political fight on their hands if they join in slouching with Biden-Harris to war over the right of NATO to expand by adding Ukraine to its ever-larger grab bag of weak states we defend.

I (the author think the German media has forced Germany’s hand and it will bolt and not stand with us. If it doesn’t go along, others will follow and the wag-the-dog effort will fail.
                                Article trying to justify Putin's aggression in the Ukraine? I compare Putin to Hitler who used Germany's humiliation and treatment following the First World War as victimology and a pretext for his policies. Allied mistakes were made then as they were made following the collapse of the Soviet Union but that doesn't really mitigate the fact that Putin, like Hitler, is a thug [ probably a saner one ]. He had his Reichstag moment soon after taking power in 1999 by taking down several apartment buildings in the Moscow area killing around 300 innocent people... he blamed it on Chechen rebels and the subsequent Chechen war solidified his hold on power just as the Reichstag fire solidified Hitler's chancellorship. The parallels were a warning shot that we probably heeded at the time but then began to overlook after 9-11.

I believe the Germans have been in bed with the Russians since the 1990's and are allowing their economic ties with Russia to effect their decision making on this crisis, If they bolt it will be out of self interest, not out of moral principal. If they bolt it probably means the breakup of NATO which Putin would love to see.
                                Last edited by N Crestway; February 20, 2022, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X