No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine China's Carbon footprint when they invade Taiwan. #ClimateCatastrophe
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• from 2014

Comment

• There is only one obvious response. We MUST move troops into Canada and Mexico and take them immediately.

I'll admit I don't know squat about foreign policy. But I kicked serious ass and won my very first Risk tournament in 6th grade.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

If you listened closely to the Press Conference that ended a bit ago, Biden admitted to this.

Q Why aren't you shutting the Russians out of Swift?

A That's not what the Europeans want.

President Trump would have finished that deal, zero doubt.
          I did not view or listen to the Press Conference. However, here are some observations and comments by others:

Biden Trips Over Kamala and Strays So Far From Reality on Ukraine, Even Reporters Call Him Out

Joe Biden said some unbelievable things during his remarks on Thursday about Russia’s invasion in Ukraine.

Chief among them was this remark that jumped out to many: that “no one expected sanctions would prevent anything.”

hen what has the Biden team been talking about, by threatening sanctions over the past month? If they thought that, why have they just been talking about sanctions?

Why did Kamala Harris claim that the sanctions would deter Putin? White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said the same thing. Psakle even claimed that the sanctions had worked, as we observed.

Biden’s statement was such a stunning lie and flip-flop on what his team had been saying that even CBS News’ Margaret Brennan called it out. “I thought that was so interesting when President Biden said, ‘No one expected sanctions to prevent anything, Brennan said. “Actually, that’s exactly what his foreign policy team said again and again, and it’s what his secretary of state said to me on Sunday.”

ABC News also thought this was ridiculous. “There’s a reason that President Biden faced incredible skepticism from reporters in the room who are asking, ‘Is it enough?’ and ‘How long will it take?’
          “I was very struck by the moment where President Biden said, ‘Come back to me in 30 days.'”

Then Biden also told Fox’s Peter Doocy that the weak sanctions he’s dropped so far are going to be as “devastating” as bombs and tanks.

But, this is where Biden’s broken brain is at this point. He was even smiling during his remarks, and I don’t know what the heck there is to smile about with all this. If he wanted a war, thinking that would get Americans behind him, that’s not going to work either because Americans are all looking at this and saying he’s wrong once again.

Comment

• Status of right now (taken mainly from the sources below)

1. Ukraine is conducting a fighting withdrawal. There are more and more pictures of Russian columns shot up. Bridges being brought down.

2. Russia's attack has been limited and has not committed all their forces.

3. They launched an estimated 75-100 missiles plus airstrikes. They failed to take down completely the Ukraine air force, air defense, and C&C.

4. Ukraine air defense have knocked down ~14-15 aircraft and helicopters

5. There are battles for key airports, Russian airborne units have failed to secure them yet, but neither has Ukraine been successful in retaking with counter-attacks.

6. Russian advances have been slower than expected except in the South.

7. Russia is about to take Kharkov

8. Reports and pictures of Ukraine seem to be using American Javelins to great effectiveness. No numbers are available on Russian tank losses.

9. Only breakout so far for the Russian is in Crimea.

10. Russia has not committed its Naval infantry.

11. Russian recon platoon was captured (this is embarrassing).

What to watch for:

1. Significant increase in air attacks, missile attacks - even risking civilian casualties

2. Decapacitation attack on the Ukrainian government

3. Russia committing all their available ground forces. I still think Russia was hoping for a quick victory, but if they don't get it will unleash everything they have got.

4. If we don't see a significant increase in missile/airstrikes - this may be a confirmation that Russia does not have a substantial stockpile of smart bombs/missiles

5. Look for reliability issues - seen some pictures today of Russian BMPs basically broken down. Is Russia suffering from a maintenance issue?

Best sources for information of what going on

Twitter: @lookner (he does a good job of sifting through the noise on Twitter also has a show on youtube (agenda-free TV)

Another is this website which is trying to provide a non-bias analysis of what is going on

Russian President Vladimir Putin began a large-scale invasion of Ukraine on February 24 likely aimed at full regime change and the occupa...

Comment

• There is a report that a Russian paratroopers attack at the Hostomel airport was broken up by a Ukraine counter-attack. Reports are that Ukraine 45th Spetznatz brigade led the counter-attack and broken Russian forces ran off into the forests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                There is only one obvious response. We MUST move troops into Canada and Mexico and take them immediately.

I'll admit I don't know squat about foreign policy. But I kicked serious ass and won my very first Risk tournament in 6th grade.
                I agree, this is a no brainer, and I never lost a game of Stratego in my life.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Are we still buying oil from Russia?

Comment

• Watching incredible video. I could not imagine looking out my living room window at a column of tanks crossing a bridge under heavy fire. Or seeing a SAM shoot down a plane on my front porch.

I'll stick with my thunderstorms. That's as exciting as I want.

Prayers to those innocent people living their lives being dropped into war.

Comment

• I'm just happy the Biden family was able to extract their hard earned money out of Ukraine before this hit the fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        Are we still buying oil from Russia?

so.......................yeah

Comment

• Comment

• Biden has stated that he will turn the Shockernet members loose when the Russians reach Kansas City....he thinks that will finally turn the tide of battle.

Comment

• The Ukrainians aren't just laying down afterall.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

turns out it was "same day"
                                Yeah, I had a couple of bad takes in this thread. Will have to eat those.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X