No announcement yet.

Russia-Ukraine War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While Biden was distracted and focused on replacing military leaders with transgender and homosexual folks, Putin was plotting on how to take over a country.

Nero meet fiddle.

Elections have consequences. Will my Democrat friends please sit the next few out? Thank you.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• F**k Putin and anyone who thinks he is a "genius"!!!

Comment

• Just about all presidential addresses begin with the state of our nation
        is stronger than ever. Will Joe say / read that ? Can he even
        remember that?

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker View Post
          F**k Putin and anyone who thinks he is a "genius"!!!
          So far it appears that he is.......he's read the situation perfectly

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What response do you think will lead Putin to invade the rest of the Ukraine in the next 6 months?
            turns out it was "same day"

Comment

• The USA's leadership calling for Putin to not invade has as much teeth as Lt. Cmdr. Joanne Galloway's strenuous objection.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• At least the answer for our double digit inflation problems has finally reared it's head. Stagflation is around the bend. Never fear, we will just print more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I don't see how Ukraine can defend themselves. Y'all are way more optomistic than I am. Russia will easily take Ukraine and look strong in the eyes of his people when he does it. There will be little blowback from the Russian citizenry. Just my uneducated guess on how it goes down. Will he stop at Ukraine?
                  Russia will prevail, but I think Ukraine could inflict enough damage to make it hurt. Ukraine is big. Russia's 200k troops can't garrison a country that big and if there is a will for a few hundred thousand Ukraine's to fight them, they could have an effective insurgency and kill a lot of Ruskies.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I don't see how Ukraine can defend themselves. Y'all are way more optomistic than I am.
                    It is a very large country to try and subdue. It is hard to know how motivated the Ukrainian people are for resisting Russia.

Russia will easily take Ukraine and look strong in the eyes of his people when he does it. There will be little blowback from the Russian citizenry. Just my uneducated guess on how it goes down.
                    I think Putin was hoping it would be easy. In fact, I think he was hoping that it would have been over by this morning with the Ukrainian President hopping on the Turkish Military transport.

I don't really think his own citizenry thought he was going through with it. His head of the FSB hadn't got the memo the other day.

Will he stop at Ukraine?
                    The question I am looking to be answered is how seriously does Europe take this? If they unite together, Russia won't go any further. If Putin sees weakness, he may very well decide to pick off another country.

If he goes any further then it is either War or the dissolving of NATO. I would expect that we will see a US buildup in the eastern block of NATO countries.

Comment

• Im not sure who is in NATO, but every one of those Baltic countries should be admitted immediately and state that they will be defended.

A carrier group or 3 should be in the Black Sea now and another one in the Baltic.

If the U.S. is serious (and we are not) we have to at least fake our will to use military force.

We need to get ahead of Taiwan. This is the playbook China will use.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

While Biden was distracted and focused on replacing military leaders with transgender and homosexual folks, Putin was plotting on how to take over a country.

Nero meet fiddle.

Elections have consequences. Will my Democrat friends please sit the next few out? Thank you.
                        it was not only that. Putin was watching as a large chunk of the western world was waging war on its own citizens. Australia, New Zealand, Much of Europe, Canada as well as a the United States to a degree. He wasn't and isn't the only one watching either.

Comment

• Near term, we will have to see how it goes in Kiev and other large cities throughout Ukraine. If there is severe Ukrainian resistance, it will show itself most in the urban areas, where guerilla fighting takes place.

Long term, Putin may very well try to set up a "puppet government" of Ukrainians who are sympathetic to the Russian government (the same as Germany set up the Vichy French government during WW2). However, that will still take Russian troops to maintain "order" and that take military manpower, and possibly years if done correctly, provided Ukrainian resistance continues. In France, resistance continued throughout the war, and the French resistance learned how to create ID papers in order to move with limitations throughout France, while still communicating with each other to maintain resistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            Im not sure who is in NATO, but every one of those Baltic countries should be admitted immediately and state that they will be defended.
                            Really there are no more countries to be admitted. Here is the map. Now Norway and/or Sweeden might be persuaded to join NATO.

NATO.jpg

Comment

Russia will prevail, but I think Ukraine could inflict enough damage to make it hurt. Ukraine is big. Russia's 200k troops can't garrison a country that big and if there is a will for a few hundred thousand Ukraine's to fight them, they could have an effective insurgency and kill a lot of Ruskies.
                              My concern is that while there may be boot-for-boot symmetry, the rest of it is asymmetrical. Russia's tech >>> Ukraine's tech.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Im not sure who is in NATO, but every one of those Baltic countries should be admitted immediately and state that they will be defended.
                                Ukraine has been trying to become a member of NATO for years. NATO has held it up because they haven't wanted to deal with Russia over it.

For years, many in America have stated that Europe needs to build up their own militaries rather than relying on America to provide the bulk of their support.

Both of those things that should have been done years ago are now a problem as Russia has little to fear. America shouldn't be heavily involved in military action.

I pray for the Ukrainian people and hope this doesn't end as poorly as it very well may. Hopefully this convinces other European nations to to focus more on their own defenses to prevent or deter similar future actions.

America should be involved in political and economic pressures and selling of certain military assets to nations that will pay for it. Outside of that, we should be very careful about what we do.

I may be in the minority here with most of these thoughts, but we shouldn't be responsible for every other country. Especially those that should be able to defend themselves but choose not to. Other European nations should be the ones taking care of things on their own block.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X