Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting editorial by Whitlock.

Trumpism is the cry of American citizens uninterested in adopting the cultures and customs of France, China, Italy, Cuba, Venezuela, Canada, or any of the other places global elites romanticize. Trumpism is the cry of the working class who believe the Big Tech billionaires are building an America that cuts them out of the American Dream. Trumpism is the cry of Americans who value authenticity over the fraudulence of political correctness.

The price of ignoring their cries will be war, a civil war.

Comment

• Well said by Whitlock. It really was a rejection of the current culture. America is not racist. America should not be the world police nor the sanctuary for economic migrants. It rejected cancel culture and the mainstream media.

It was a rebranding of punk rock music for white males that listened to it in their youth.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Interesting editorial by Whitlock.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/whitl...estroy-america

Well, he certainly used all of the appropriate buzzwords. But how is big tech cutting people out of the American dream? The same big tech that employs over 1.5 million Americans? The same big tech that likely makes up 20% of most of American's 401(k)s? Whether or not someone can tweet, or violates terms of service, has no relation on their ability to be functioning members of society - and certainly not their ability to achieve the american dream.

Get mad at the federal reserve for decades of easy money policy for inflating asset prices out of reach for those that don't currently own any, or Blackstone (or any other PE firms) for buying up single family homes and raising the prices for entry level home owners, or the maxim that "shareholder value" is the most important thing for any corporation, but big tech? Blaming "big tech" for cutting someone out of an american dream is a sorry excuse.

And Whitlock's rhetoric that Civil War is the inevitable outcome for where we are is exactly why we are here right now. You can't use that language in good faith. A civil war is not inevitable, but "thought leaders" continuing to amplify, incite, and say that people who have different views on what the corporate tax rate should be are the "enemy" will make it so.

We have got to lower the temperature of political discourse in this country. It is not a blood sport.
        Last edited by wsushox1; January 9, 2021, 08:48 AM.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          America should not be the world police
          Reagan disagreed.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Reagan disagreed.
            America needs to be a World Power. If not, China will just spread their totalitarian ways into the Eastern Seas and then into the West. But the American People need to have Allies who pull their weight in helping police the world. Germany has one of the largest economies and pay zero (or just above it) into the alliance. Since the Marshall Plan pulled everyone out of World Depression, the West has continually paid less and less ilnto the Alliance and depended more and more on America until we almost protect the entire world. The sad thing is that the Eastern European countries who seceded from Totalitarian Russia pay more than the Western Countries. Australia and UK also help a lot. It's mostly our soldiers in Afghanistan, and Iraq.

Comment

Well, he certainly used all of the appropriate buzzwords. But how is big tech cutting people out of the American dream? The same big tech that employs over 1.5 million Americans? The same big tech that likely makes up 20% of most of American's 401(k)s? Whether or not someone can tweet, or violates terms of service, has no relation on their ability to be functioning members of society - and certainly not their ability to achieve the american dream.
              This has been mentioned many times before, but you just haven't been here to read them. Big Tech has cancelled out/pressured and not listened to any Conservative employee viewpoints on their staffs until Conservatives have either quit or stopped voicing their opinions. Big Tech is cancelling out Conservatives on their platforms. I have never seen any left comments or viewpoints be censored on these platforms. Only right of Center comments viewpoints. Big Tech has all but admitted that they meet together to discuss how what to accept and what not to accept. Finally, the latest platform that was giving an alternative to Conservative viewpoints, was just squashed by Microsoft.

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              We have got to lower the temperature of political discourse in this country. It is not a blood sport.
              I agree and I think that many others do too. But this week, Biden and Pelosi have seized the opportunity to call Conservatives more names. Biden came out and referred to Congressional Republicans who they disagree with as Nazi's. They also referred to Congressional Police as racists To go along with the traditional comments such as racists, deplorables, etc. We ALL need to lower the temperature. probably beginning with our leaders.

Comment

• Comparing Hawlley to Goebbels/Nazi by Biden is exactly the wrong thing to do. Stupid

Comment

Reagan disagreed.
                  ???? So did Bush and Obama and others. Is there something I’m supposed to take away from your insight?
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Get mad at the federal reserve for decades of easy money policy for inflating asset prices out of reach for those that don't currently own any, or Blackstone (or any other PE firms) for buying up single family homes and raising the prices for entry level home owners, or the maxim that "shareholder value" is the most important thing for any corporation, but big tech? Blaming "big tech" for cutting someone out of an american dream is a sorry excuse.

And Whitlock's rhetoric that Civil War is the inevitable outcome for where we are is exactly why we are here right now. You can't use that language in good faith. A civil war is not inevitable, but "thought leaders" continuing to amplify, incite, and say that people who have different views on what the corporate tax rate should be are the "enemy" will make it so.

I think one aspect of the American Dream is free speech. Certainly these companies are private companies and they can do as they please, but it does violate the principle and the spirit of free speech when some ideas are sacred and others are forbidden.

Keep worshipping at the Cathedral, but don’t be surprised when you are asked to persecute the other or are persecuted for not falling in line.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      Comparing Hawlley to Goebbels/Nazi by Biden is exactly the wrong thing to do. Stupid
                      Retracted due to the original quote being inaccurate
                      Last edited by BOBB; January 9, 2021, 03:51 PM.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                        But this week, Biden and Pelosi have seized the opportunity to call Conservatives more names. Biden came out and referred to Congressional Republicans who they disagree with as Nazi's. They also referred to Congressional Police as racists To go along with the traditional comments such as racists, deplorables, etc. We ALL need to lower the temperature. probably beginning with our leaders
                        Please cite your sources and the exact quotes by Pelosi and Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Please cite your sources and the exact quotes by Pelosi and Biden.
                          Where have you been? I won’t enable you.

Everyone on here acknowledged Biden’s reference to Goebbel’s. Have you not paid watched Biden, in his TV speech, compare the Capitol Police this week to this past summer? His inference was that racism was involved. That seems to be the go to when they deal with political opponents and disagreement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Where have you been? I won’t enable you.

Everyone on here acknowledged Biden’s reference to Goebbel’s. Have you not paid watched Biden, in his TV speech, compare the Capitol Police this week to this past summer? His inference was that racism was involved. That seems to be the go to when they deal with political opponents and disagreement.
                            Ahhhhh... there we go. I didn't think he said it.

"Everyone here" huh? Back to your echo chamber.

Propaganda is a problem with Trump and his acolytes. That is a fact.

Comment

But how is big tech cutting people out of the American dream?
                              I assume he is more talking about the transfer of manufacturing jobs overseas to china/taiwan. I guess he doesn't realize that globalization is why he can buy a 70" TV for $500.

I think "civil war" gets thrown out all the time without any real thought behind it. It is a trigger word. I don't think anybody (who is rationale) thinks that there is possibility of war between states. But there is a War of Civility going on, and nobody is taking prisoners from either side. It was disgusting to see the nooses, the reenactment of knee to the neck type stuff - this was all meant to enrage people.

If there is violence, I suspect it will like the liberal nutcase supporter shooting up a Republican softball practice, BLM/Antifa/Proud Boys destroying communities, or the Eric Rudolphs (of the far left and right) planting bombs.

I actually thought event of this week would do that, but the democrats saw an opportunity for political gain and are just pouring gas on the fire. Hearts are hardening and it looks like it will only get worse.

The liberal tech companies have decided this is the opportunity they needed to crush any of the voices they don't want to hear, remove any platforms they don't like.

Comment

• Election gambit blows up on Hawley and Cruz (msn.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X