Assault on the Capitol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Definitely like the idea of having a "regular job" along with your part-time elected representative job.

Why not completely dismantle the entire Washington complex? That would be so innovative and American. Turn it into one big amusement park (isn't it already?) Break up the Washington gangs and segregate the servants from those amoral individuals who reside there for the sole purpose of corrupting them.

Then we could build 3 presidential mansions: east, west, and central.
    Good luck. We've let the inmates make the rules of the prison and now we're stuck with the consequences.

Comment

This would have to done on a state by state basis. Start a grass roots effort to change the representation rules of our state.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Agree 100%. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
        I always like the saying "the best government is that which governs least" which is attributed to Henry David Thoreau. At first glance it seems he is a proponent of small government, which I believe in but in reality he was advocating no government at all. He was a strange man to say the least.

Comment

Check this news station out. Marketing themselves as unbiased. I hope they grow.

https://wgnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/NN_BUREAU_SPOT_EveryNight.mp4

https://wgnamerica.com/
          I mentioned them on this fine forum when they launched several months ago. They aren't bad. Not great, but not bad. And they seem to be learning but it's hard to put away bias.

You should pay more and closer attention.

Comment

Just an exceptional video from an exceptional politician. I feel badly for Graham and Cruz who both lost a lot of their reputation selling out for Trump. It's hard to blame them though; Trump was handing out Conservative legislation/appointments like a crack dealer tossing free crack over a school yard fence. They were defenseless to his seduction (as was I). They sold their souls and realized over the last half year or so who they sold their souls to.

I feel badly for the Christians also. Trump pandered to them like no other. I never fully believed his sincerity, but his Christian-biased displays were difficult to resist. I watch my mother now struggle with what she "believes" and what she sees. She won't accept the fact that Trump is bad. He's was sent from God she says. "Sorry mom", I explained to her, attempting to give her a way out that is scriptural; "The Bible says that the leaders of this world are 'ordained by God'. Therefore you need to understand that Trump was here for a reason and now Biden." It's no surprise that she had a problem w/ my logic... even though it was perfect. ;)

I also asked her to unplug. I said, just give me 2 months w/o Rush Limbaugh. Don't let him interpret your reality for you. Use your own eyes to see.

I wish all of ya'll would do the same.
            The morally superior court jester has spoken, eh? It's not a surprise you talking s**t on your own mama for a tedious chuckle. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe Rush agrees with your mommy and not the other way around? Give mom a little credit. Oh, wait...

I suppose you think it's Rush's fault that this shrew will never be President, huh? Next time check your concordance, if you've got one.

Hildabeast.jpg

Many thanks for the inspiration (that would mean both of you).

Need a translation?

Comment

The people storming the capitol were dipshits. WTF were you going to accomplish? One got shot and killed.... meh.

As an American, I'm just numb. I don't care anymore. About any of it. I'm not worried about 'Our Democracy' because I am our democracy. YOU are our democracy. And WE are not crazy. Regardless of what OUR ideological differences may be on this forum, we are not crazy. None of us we rioting over the summer, or a few days ago.

As awful as it was, that's not America. Trump is not America, Biden is not America. WE are America. Out your window is America. Pursue your happiness, treat your neighbor with respect (LIKE WE ALL DO EVERYDAY WHEN NOT ANONYMOUS), and America will be fine.

The biggest slaveholder in this country is your mind.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

That fact is really annoying but it would be disingenuous to not admit the differences between the Capitol building in Washington during the electoral ballot count and a couple blocks in Portland over the summer. Had the rioters permanently "occupied" the Capitol it could have become something really scary across the country. It could have become a military issue. Trump was very clever aligning with the police/military for 4 years prior to this stunt. I am more than confident there were a large percentage of military that would have "joined" his coup.

****ing crazy times man...

Last night I was Googling "comparisons between the riot in DC and Portland" and I had a few hits. I will share an article now for the sake of full disclosure and the pursuit of ultimate truth.

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/01/...ol-washington/

Not intended to trigger anyone, just a BLM protester's perspective. They feel the Trump rioters got off very easy. It's important to remember that everybody has a different perspective, and even a crazed Portland occupier could feel justified in their actions. Fairness w/ law enforcement is important for a free and fair society.
                The problem is that opinion, just like too many people do these days, is little more than a knee-jerk emotional reaction instead of a reasoned opinion after careful consideration of facts. The Capitol police simply weren't prepared and were ill-equipped for what happened because it wasn't supposed to happen, Trump changed that with his call for the crowd to descend on the Capitol from where they were. And it dispersed relatively quickly because of the different temperaments and attitudes of those involved. The Portland situation was ongoing and prepared for. Even then, there was absolutely tear gas used at the Capitol.

Comment

Hmmm, why were BLM / Antifia protesters in the capital...

A Black Lives Matter activist and former Olympic speed skater who entered the Capitol Building Wednesday alongside a mob of pro-Trump protesters said Thursday he wanted to “document” the events as they unfolded.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Hmmm, why were BLM / Antifia protesters in the capital...

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ant...itol-wednesday
                    Does it matter? They are always looking for large crowds so they can get involved. The goals of the far right and far left are more aligned than they will admit.

This was not orchestrated by antifa, this was a proud boy/militia/klan/white nationalist operation. And Trump gave a pre-game speech that fired them up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Does it matter? They are always looking for large crowds so they can get involved. The goals of the far right and far left are more aligned than they will admit.

This was not orchestrated by antifa, this was a proud boy/militia/klan/white nationalist operation. And Trump gave a pre-game speech that fired them up.
                      Never said it was organized by anyone but the radical right. Just curious as to why this person would choose to put themselves in such a hostile environment. Seems odd. But then again everything about all of these idiots seems odd.

Comment

• House Democrats were drafting new articles of impeachment against President Trump on Friday following a deadly riot at the Capitol two days earlier in a failed attempt to stop Congress from certifying Joe Biden's presidential victory.

What aboug Kumbaya and hey let's move on and unite as Americans? What a colossal waste of time. These idiots are so triggered it is insane.

Comment

• These shitheels should have been terminated once they breached the doors. Much the same way the Antifa numbnuts should have been shot once they broke into a federal building.

"Both sides" is true inasmuch as both sides are ****ed. Anybody using the actions of one to justify the other is flipping a penny thinking the back side will be a dime.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Rules of life:
                            1. Don’t trust anybody that makes money off of divisiveness
                            2. Don’t think politicians or parties can make a positive difference in your life ahead of your family, friends or yourself
                            3. Teach your kids the art of critical thinking early and often

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              These shitheels should have been terminated once they breached the doors. Much the same way the Antifa numbnuts should have been shot once they broke into a federal building.

"Both sides" is true inasmuch as both sides are ****ed. Anybody using the actions of one to justify the other is flipping a penny thinking the back side will be a dime.
                              Absolutely.

Equal treatment under the law.

Anybody breaking into a home, building, or business they don't own, deserves to live the rest of their days like a marshmallow.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                Rules of life:
                                1. Don’t trust anybody that makes money off of divisiveness
                                2. Don’t think politicians or parties can make a positive difference in your life ahead of your family, friends or yourself
                                3. Teach your kids the art of critical thinking early and often
                                Love it! #1 and #3 are the basis of my daily sermons in here.

Comment

Working...
                                X